What games are you playing?

Moncavo

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2020
OG Diablo 1 with DevilutionX mod from PC.
Hearthstone and Vampire Survivors on mobile or PC.
Sometimes Elden Ring.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Try the open beta, I can spoiler you you won't be disappointed 😉
I'm waiting for release, as I fully expect the launch to be troublesome (as D3 was, as all Blizzard releases the last decade) and I'm still curious if they won't introduce predatory microtransactions.

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
I'm waiting for release, as I fully expect the launch to be troublesome (as D3 was, as all Blizzard releases the last decade) and I'm still curious if they won't introduce predatory microtransactions.

The first two betas had over two millions participants, I believe this other beta has been called to tweak the game servers to accomodate even more players than they originally expected.
It will be a bloodbath on opening day, I have no doubt about it. And we will forget about it once it will settle, about one/two weeks later and we'll enjoy what it already seems (from the betas) a great chapter in the Diablo franchise.

As per microtransactions, devs said they will be cosmetics only, including those in the season passes.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I started playing again after 4 years and in the first weekend a Mirror of Kalandra dropped for me :D Insane, considering I have only played a 3 characters up to lvl 75-95 until then.

• Love
Reactions: GuilleAcoustic

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
The first two betas had over two millions participants, I believe this other beta has been called to tweak the game servers to accomodate even more players than they originally expected.
It will be a bloodbath on opening day, I have no doubt about it. And we will forget about it once it will settle, about one/two weeks later and we'll enjoy what it already seems (from the betas) a great chapter in the Diablo franchise.

As per microtransactions, devs said they will be cosmetics only, including those in the season passes.
Completely switching the topic but, with your nickname I have to ask: have you checked the latest Monkey Island and if so, what is your opinion on it?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I started playing again after 4 years and in the first weekend a Mirror of Kalandra dropped for me :D Insane, considering I have only played a 3 characters up to lvl 75-95 until then.
never dropped one in my years of playing POE XD. I´m jelly. I´ll send you a friend invite once my computer is back on its rubber feet

Reactions: Phuncz

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
Completely switching the topic but, with your nickname I have to ask: have you checked the latest Monkey Island and if so, what is your opinion on it?
I got it, actually pre-ordered it with (useless) horse armour and all, I even pre-ordered the physical Collector's Edition (plus the Monkey Island Anthology upgrade kit) from Limited Run Games but I still have to play it. I'm replaying the other titles (or in the case of Tales, playing for the first time) and I'm currently playing Escape from Monkey Island, which I haven't played since the release, back in 2000~2001, and I totally forgot anything about it, other than remembering it worse than I'm finding it while replaying. Puzzles are a bit wackier than earlier chapters so I'm having a bit of trouble going through, without a walkthrough.

I read quite a lot of reviews of Return though, and they all basically agree it is pure Ron Gilbert. Which is a good thing, I think 😁

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Playing with Inscryption.

The whole thing is carefully thought out and cleverly designed, producing very high level of gameplay. Everything has a purpose here, even failure. Exploring it is amazing, pacing and the presentation is 10 out of 10. There are parts I wish I could return to try out different things. I fear I'm nearing it's end which already saddens me a bit as then I'll be in a post-Inscryption-state where I cannot experience this game again for the first time. Best to go on blind, but with curiousity and awareness.
The moment you launch it, it will grab you with it's addicting gameplay then tightens it's grip with the intriquing story. It is pure genious.

Reactions: Elaman and riba2233

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Playing with Inscryption.

The whole thing is carefully thought out and cleverly designed, producing very high level of gameplay. Everything has a purpose here, even failure. Exploring it is amazing, pacing and the presentation is 10 out of 10. There are parts I wish I could return to try out different things. I fear I'm nearing it's end which already saddens me a bit as then I'll be in a post-Inscryption-state where I cannot experience this game again for the first time. Best to go on blind, but with curiousity and awareness.
The moment you launch it, it will grab you with it's addicting gameplay then tightens it's grip with the intriquing story. It is pure genious.
Low-key game of whichever year it was released on...

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I think I need to either get back to playing on my Nintendo Switch or sell it.

I played around 2 hours into Zelda: Breath of the Wild over a year ago, and just couldn't get used to the controls compared to the keyboard and mouse I'm used to on PC. I'm sure it just takes practice, but outside of fighting and racing games and side scrollers, I'm pretty useless with those thumbsticks!

I did pickup a bundle of the older Diablo games during a recent sale, and I've started playing Diablo II Resurrected with an Xbox controller on my PC, which works pretty well. I think the last time I played that was at 800x600 on Windows 7 over 20 years ago, and that was certainly with a keyboard and mouse!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Had a couple of weeks of Jagged Alliance 3 (which I really like), Baulders Gate 3 is also out so playing that too. Maybe payday 3 will end out my adventure of trio’s this year.

Reactions: Phuncz