What games are you playing?

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Been playing world of tanks since 2012. Runs okay on the kid's ASRock Deskmini 3200G and runs great on my RVZ03 rocking all AMD stuff. The game is nicely optimized and the laid back more tactical gameplay is more of my taste. Played Minecraft with the kids on mobile, since they share one PC. Intrigued with the RPG spin off.

illSauced

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 24, 2020
Destiny 2 mainly, but it’s so poorly optimized it can be hard to play at times. When the game became free to play they removed the region locking feature so half the time you get matched up with Chinese players who either lag or cheat. Ruins the game.

That explains my frustration in Crucible lately..shame they did that.

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
That explains my frustration in Crucible lately..shame they did that.
Yeah it’s super annoying. At legend rank it’s constant groups of Chinese player who are either lagging so hard they’re teleporting across the map or are outright aimbotting and dome you with revoker the exact frame your head appears around the corner.

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Just like @annasoh323, I'll hardly give an order of preference as it highly depends on my mood / psychological state ....

1. The Secret of Monkey Island (Amiga)
  2. Octopath Traveler (Switch)
  3. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
  4. Super Metroid (SNES)
  5. Streets of Rage / Bare Knuckles (Megadrive / Genesis)
  6. Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  7. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
  8. Metal Slug X (Neo Geo)
  9. Golden Sun (GBA)
  10. Faxanadu (NES)
Also, a few honorable mentions (because we are limited to 10 games) :
  • Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • Terraria (PC)
  • Path of Exile / Diablo 2 (PC)
  • Windjammers (Neo Geo)
Ha ha, yes! Chrono Trigger and Golden Sun are also high on my list of "games I've spent hours and emotional quotient on." I am so, so sad the Golden Sun DS sequel failed to live up to Golden Sun and The Lost Age. The GBA games were just wonderful. I think I played The Lost Age first, then the original, then replayed The Lost Age with my carryover characters. Gah, that's a game series I wish I could play again like it was the first time (not you, Dark Dawn. Had to Google your name, that's how unremarkable you were. And I will also never enjoy the fact you could lose access to some Djinn after places get region-locked by the story).

Oh, was I so taken by Golden Sun I forgot to lavish favor on Chrono Trigger? I played the DS remake. Definitely several good reasons it's on so many "best RPGs of all time" lists. I will never forget the first time I really listened to Magus's theme. <chills>

I see Octopath Traveler keep popping up. What's the pitch? Will I finally have something to do on my Switch besides BOTW while I wait for BOTW 2?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake. I have been waiting for this game to release since it was announced, went out today and bought a used PS4 just for this game and played the Demo which is free to download. Game is pretty amazing, graphics are incredible. If you are a fan of the original I think you will love it, game releases on April 10, 2020.

Reactions: loader963

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
have been waiting for this game to release since it was announced, went out today and bought a used PS4 just for this game and played the Demo which is free to download. Game is pretty amazing, graphics are incredible. If you are a fan of the original I think you will love it, game releases on April 10, 2020.
So Tempted to do the same thing.... really wishing to hear a pc announcement.... one day. :(

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
So Tempted to do the same thing.... really wishing to hear a pc announcement.... one day. :(
They did release most of the Final Fantasy games in PC nowadays so your wish might come true. Have a PS4 but do prefer to play on PC if it will be released there

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
They did release most of the Final Fantasy games in PC nowadays so your wish might come true. Have a PS4 but do prefer to play on PC if it will be released there
I think it will likely release on PC but the PS4 will be exclusive for at least 1 year. I really prefer my PC over consoles but I just didn't want to wait. On a side note this damn PS4 is much louder than my PC.

Reactions: prayogahs and Solo

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
So anyone bought The Division 2 when it was on $3 promo? Now it's back to $10. (I've never played The Division before - didn't really have time)

I'm not sure if my almighty GTX 950 will be enough LOL.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I think it will likely release on PC but the PS4 will be exclusive for at least 1 year. I really prefer my PC over consoles but I just didn't want to wait. On a side note this damn PS4 is much louder than my PC.
The base PS4 is so loud it makes me wonder how it became the best-selling console of this generation - my Xbox One is so much nicer in terms of noise. Still definitely prefer PC too, but consoles do have their pros (ease of use being chief among them). I'll probably be getting both the new ones when they arrive, but then it's kind of a requirement of my job. Kind of excited for the XSX (makes me want to move my PC to a matching upright case XD ), we'll see how the PS5 compares.

Reactions: rfarmer

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn is up for preorder on Steam. Currently slogging thru Anima Gate of Memories, but can’t really recommend it.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Slowly but surely working my way through Breath of the Wild on Switch. Also started Black Mesa again yesterday; played it previously when they hadn't done Zen yet, looks much better now. Awesome game.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Subscribed to the Nintendo Switch online a few days ago and been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe extensively since then. It's way more fun with human players than versus AI.

Tried Tetris 99 too and scored 43/99 at best XD. Guess that my Tetris skills aren't that nice lol.

Since the online feature gives you access to about 70 NES and SNES games, I started a few ones too:
  • Super Metroid
  • Mario: The lost levels
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts (that game ain't for humans ... and you have to finish it twice at that ...)

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I'm a weak person and bought Streets of Rage 4 on the Nintendo Swith online store on day 1... Awesome game !

I'm a huge fan of the original serie, but wasn't expecting much from such a late sequel. Holy moly was I wrong. It's not surfing on the retro hype, it's an ode of love to the original material with a touch of modern gaming. I really don't regret this impulse purchase.

Last edited:

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm playing through all the enhanced Borderlands versions on PC (Highly recommended), and working my way towards Borderlands 3 which I can't play until I complete a big upgrade of my Alienware X51 R2 (I'll post more about that when I get started later in the month). I also need to finish Subnautica.

I have Zelda - Link's Awakening on Switch which I'll be playing once my PC is in pieces.

I'm a weak person and bought Streets of Rage 4 on the Nintendo Swith online store on day 1... Awesome game !

That reminds me of Double Dragon, something I spent way too much time and money on as a kid. I think it's going to go on my wish list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

I'm a huge fan of the original serie, but wasn't expecting much from such a late sequel. Holy moly was I wrong. It's not surfing on the retro hype, it's an ode of love to the original material with a touch of modern gaming. I really don't regret this impulse purchase.

Yeah I played v1 & especially v2 a lot. V3 not so much (I forgot why).

Look forward to try v4.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I'm playing through all the enhanced Borderlands versions on PC (Highly recommended), and working my way towards Borderlands 3 which I can't play until I complete a big upgrade of my Alienware X51 R2 (I'll post more about that when I get started later in the month). I also need to finish Subnautica.

I have Zelda - Link's Awakening on Switch which I'll be playing once my PC is in pieces.

That reminds me of Double Dragon, something I spent way too much time and money on as a kid. I think it's going to go on my wish list.
The enhanced version is great, the mini map and improved controller support made it totally worth while.

Reactions: AlexTSG