Off Topic What games are you playing?

Skarum

Average Stuffer
Bronze Supporter
Aug 21, 2018
After watching the Witcher I finally took the plunge and started getting back into the games. I've started both Witcher 1 & 3 before, but it kinda fizzled out for me in the past. W1 was a just lack of time, and W3 was because I couldn't get into playing it on PS4, and didn't have a desktop capable of running it at the time. Now I've started with W1 again and it's great. Bought it from GoG and it runs perfectly in 3440x1440 with little to no stress on the computer (I dread what W2 will do to my ol' trusty RX 580...). I don't care a lot about graphics, and I don't find the gameplay as clunky as some claim. Overall I really like it so far :)

drppr

Efficiency Noob
Jan 13, 2020
Rocket League but basically only for benchmarking. I actually can't stand Rocket League's player base (or lower tier is always full of toxic gamers I guess), but playing against bots is too uneventful even for APU benchmarks.

Teamfight Tactics is my favourite game right now. I started playing late last season but still got up to low platinum. This season I'm high Gold but I haven't been playing as much. Haven't touched the game for the past 3 weeks actually... I really need to get back into it.

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
I recently decided to try out Apex Legends since I played it when it first came out. I didn’t enjoy it the first time but I’m not sure why I’ve been digging it quite a bit lately!

alos, working thru AC Origins and want to move on to RDR2 after.

Bigtruckboom

Cable Smoosher
Apr 2, 2019
Destiny 2 mainly, but it’s so poorly optimized it can be hard to play at times. When the game became free to play they removed the region locking feature so half the time you get matched up with Chinese players who either lag or cheat. Ruins the game.

tinyitx

King of Cable Management
Jan 25, 2018
I am a fan of the Half Life 2 series. Really disappointed that the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx is for VR play only.
Valve says it does not plan to release the game in non VR version. I wonder if they might change their mind.
Anyone knows gaming codes enough to say if converting a VR game to its non VR version is easily done or not? If yes, maybe Valve could change their mind?

Odd_Fox

Cable Smoosher
Feb 8, 2020
I recently decided to try out Apex Legends since I played it when it first came out. I didn’t enjoy it the first time but I’m not sure why I’ve been digging it quite a bit lately!

alos, working thru AC Origins and want to move on to RDR2 after.
Apex Legends is fantastic. Do we ever do gaming groups on our Discord here?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I have a game to play. Post your top ten favorite games of all time. I have a lot of "supers" in my list lmao.

1. Super Metroid
2. Ikaruga
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Halo 2
5. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
6. Super Monkey Ball
7. Marathon 2: Durandal
8. Portal
9. Diablo II
10. F-Zero

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Head writer SFF.N
SFF Workshop
Editorial Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
1 - Minecraft
2 - Garry's Mod
3 - Firewatch
4 - Dear Esther
5 - Train Simulator
6 - Left4Dead2
7 - GTA: VC
8 - GTA: SA
9 - BeamNG
10 - Automation

Odd_Fox

Cable Smoosher
Feb 8, 2020
I have a game to play. Post your top ten favorite games of all time. I have a lot of "supers" in my list lmao.

1. Super Metroid
2. Ikaruga
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Halo 2
5. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
6. Super Monkey Ball
7. Marathon 2: Durandal
8. Portal
9. Diablo II
10. F-Zero
I still hear the Marathon 2 intro music every time I read the game's name.

Reactions: Solo

tinyitx

King of Cable Management
Jan 25, 2018
1. MS Flight Simulator FS2004
2. Half Life 2 2004
3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R
4. Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2001
5. Portal
6. Far Cry 2004
7. Crysis 2007

Valantar

King of Cable Management
Jan 20, 2018
Finally getting back into Breath of the Wild - it was a bad idea starting it just after finishing Borderlands and then The Outer Worlds. Open-world overdose I guess. I'm liking it better this time around, even if it's a bit too directionless for my tastes. The consumable/non-repairable weapon system still grates, though.