What games are you playing?

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
After watching the Witcher I finally took the plunge and started getting back into the games. I've started both Witcher 1 & 3 before, but it kinda fizzled out for me in the past. W1 was a just lack of time, and W3 was because I couldn't get into playing it on PS4, and didn't have a desktop capable of running it at the time. Now I've started with W1 again and it's great. Bought it from GoG and it runs perfectly in 3440x1440 with little to no stress on the computer (I dread what W2 will do to my ol' trusty RX 580...). I don't care a lot about graphics, and I don't find the gameplay as clunky as some claim. Overall I really like it so far :)

drppr

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 13, 2020
Rocket League but basically only for benchmarking. I actually can't stand Rocket League's player base (or lower tier is always full of toxic gamers I guess), but playing against bots is too uneventful even for APU benchmarks.

Teamfight Tactics is my favourite game right now. I started playing late last season but still got up to low platinum. This season I'm high Gold but I haven't been playing as much. Haven't touched the game for the past 3 weeks actually... I really need to get back into it.

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
I recently decided to try out Apex Legends since I played it when it first came out. I didn’t enjoy it the first time but I’m not sure why I’ve been digging it quite a bit lately!

alos, working thru AC Origins and want to move on to RDR2 after.

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
Destiny 2 mainly, but it’s so poorly optimized it can be hard to play at times. When the game became free to play they removed the region locking feature so half the time you get matched up with Chinese players who either lag or cheat. Ruins the game.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I am a fan of the Half Life 2 series. Really disappointed that the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx is for VR play only.
Valve says it does not plan to release the game in non VR version. I wonder if they might change their mind.
Anyone knows gaming codes enough to say if converting a VR game to its non VR version is easily done or not? If yes, maybe Valve could change their mind?

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
I recently decided to try out Apex Legends since I played it when it first came out. I didn’t enjoy it the first time but I’m not sure why I’ve been digging it quite a bit lately!

alos, working thru AC Origins and want to move on to RDR2 after.

Apex Legends is fantastic. Do we ever do gaming groups on our Discord here?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I have a game to play. Post your top ten favorite games of all time. I have a lot of "supers" in my list lmao.

1. Super Metroid
2. Ikaruga
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Halo 2
5. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
6. Super Monkey Ball
7. Marathon 2: Durandal
8. Portal
9. Diablo II
10. F-Zero

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
1 - Minecraft
2 - Garry's Mod
3 - Firewatch
4 - Dear Esther
5 - Train Simulator
6 - Left4Dead2
7 - GTA: VC
8 - GTA: SA
9 - BeamNG
10 - Automation

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
I have a game to play. Post your top ten favorite games of all time. I have a lot of "supers" in my list lmao.

1. Super Metroid
2. Ikaruga
4. Halo 2
6. Super Monkey Ball
8. Portal
9. Diablo II
10. F-Zero
I still hear the Marathon 2 intro music every time I read the game's name.

Reactions: Solo

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
1. MS Flight Simulator FS2004
2. Half Life 2 2004
3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R
4. Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2001
5. Portal
6. Far Cry 2004
7. Crysis 2007

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Finally getting back into Breath of the Wild - it was a bad idea starting it just after finishing Borderlands and then The Outer Worlds. Open-world overdose I guess. I'm liking it better this time around, even if it's a bit too directionless for my tastes. The consumable/non-repairable weapon system still grates, though.

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018

1. Super Metroid
2. Ikaruga
4. Halo 2
6. Super Monkey Ball
8. Portal
9. Diablo II
10. F-Zero

Of all time, you say? (It's too hard to put it into a specific order so I'm just going to throw out my top games in more or less life-chronological order) Brace yourselves, lots of Star Wars on this list.

1. Star Wars TIE Fighter (one of my first real computer games. Had an old joystick. What a gem)
  2. Star Wars The Phantom Menace the video game (truthfully, it's probably worse than the movie it's based off of. Lots of family memories though: we'd play it "together" and years later, I'd pick it up and beat it myself)
  3. Pokemon Silver (we bought an old GameBoy at a yard sale. Later, we'd pick up a cheap big ol' box of Lego. This game was inside and I'd ultimately play far more Pokemon than Lego. Sorry, mom)
  4. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (I guess I have played KOTOR 2, I just don't really remember doing so. <shrug>)
  5. Star Wars Republic Commando (bought in the same 5-pack with KOTOR. Really wish there was a successor, spiritual or actual, to this game)
  6. Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (part of that same pack. Most memorable are the NPC spawn cheat codes. My brother and I would have hours of entertainment just doing light/dark side battle royales in the streets)
  7. Assassin's Creed 2, 3, or 4 (tie. I equally enjoyed all three for different reasons and they each provided a different take on the same formula. 2 for story, 3 for 'Murica, 4 for pirate ships and James the Kid)
  8. Mass Effect 1, 2, 3, A (I tried to narrow it down or at least provide an order, I really did. But they just each have something the others don't. 1 for sense of wonder, 2 for sense of adventure, 3 for... well, just wrapping things up for Shep, A for the combat and, well, dreaming of what it could have been if their ambitions had actually been accomplished)
  9. Payday 2/Dying Light (weird combination but these are the first real co-op games I've really gotten into with brother, sister, and friend forming the core squad. They've helped us stay in touch and that's been more important than the games themselves)
  10. Legend of Zelda... oh no, I'm out of spots! Twilight Princess was first, Skyward Sword came later, Breath of the Wild now and always. Didn't play Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker and thank goodness I didn't or this would be harder. Let's go with Breath of the Wild. Still playing it even though I wouldn't mind throwing Twilight Princess some love either.

Honorable Mentions aka the "I'm indecisive" list: Arkham series, Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission, Star Wars Racer (podracing, okay? I liked that game, lay off), Borderlands 2, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (or, "How to feel like an immortal: Get Rektoning"), Bioshock series, and holy moly, have I spent a lot of my life playing video games. Time to make myself feel better with Insurgency: Sandstorm.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Just like @annasoh323, I'll hardly give an order of preference as it highly depends on my mood / psychological state ....

1. The Secret of Monkey Island (Amiga)
  2. Octopath Traveler (Switch)
  3. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
  4. Super Metroid (SNES)
  5. Streets of Rage / Bare Knuckles (Megadrive / Genesis)
  6. Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  7. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
  8. Metal Slug X (Neo Geo)
  9. Golden Sun (GBA)
  10. Faxanadu (NES)
Also, a few honorable mentions (because we are limited to 10 games) :
  • Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • Terraria (PC)
  • Path of Exile / Diablo 2 (PC)
  • Windjammers (Neo Geo)

Last edited:
Reactions: annasoh323 and Solo