What games are you playing?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Sounds interesting, I need to remember that one !
It's a game-mode that was also added to The Division, named quite fittingly "Survival". It was also the most fun I've had in the game.

Reactions: K888D

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
I have returned from the MacOS wilderness after being underwhelmed with the HW upgrades.

I am not that draw to AAA titles mainly because I have a Skull Canyon NUC without a dGPU (yet!)

I really want to play Morrowind again with all the new texture packs.

The Mrs is away with the girls this weekend I really fancy trying DayZ. Been a big fan of Walking Dead TV show so planing to DL that this weekend.

Anyone played it? Playing it? some tips?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I've looked at it a few times, but then Factorio got a big update this week, so I'm not going to play much else. Yes I need help, I'll get around to it when I finish this map !

Anyway, Astroneer looks really interesting, I'd probably pick it up at one point.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
@iFreilicht I'm about 2/3 through the main story, but it's a puzzle game with what I'll describe as some light platforming. You play as the smallest member of a stacking doll family who sets out to rescue the family by "stacking" inside other dolls and using their abilities to solve the different puzzles. The solutions to puzzles are not always obvious, and I've relied on the hint system to point me in the right direction when I've gotten stuck finding ALL the solutions to a particular challenge.

Within each level you need to solve a few problems to advance the story. There are multiple (often funny) solutions to each. There are also "hijinks" to discover where you usually use a particular doll ability for fun and giggles. There is a recurring doll who has really noxious flatulence, for example. One of the "hijinks" is to go around using that ability on other dolls (his ability is useful in solving certain of the big problems, too).

You're never in danger of "dying", and any time the main character has been apprehended by the villain's goons, it's been part of the story and there's been multiple ways to "escape".

The vibe is 1920s with the major settings so far being a train station, steamship, zepplin and train - albeit with a very industrial sensibility as the game's main villain is "The Baron" - an industrialist with a preference for using child labor.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I clipped the end of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS match from a couple of nights ago, our squad made it to the final circle which centered around the edge of a building trapping us on a balcony with a bunch of other teams beneath us:

As you can see my shotgun skills are pretty bad and in hindsight we probably should have planned to jump down together and rushed them, still 2nd place isn't too bad!

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
haha, very nicely done!

As a long time fan of the Battle Royale Films (12 years now, wow!) I've been fighting really hard to avoid buying into it. I have a lot of friends that are playing PUBG right now but I just cannot commit myself to supporting YET ANOTHER EARLY ACCESS SURVIVAL GAME that, surprise surprise, is severely lacking in optimization, haha. That being said, I don't think I've watched as much Twitch.TV as I have watching people play PUBG. I hope that Bluehole, Inc. eventually knocks it out of the park and when that day comes, I will gladly buy it then.

In the meantime, while I wait for Albion Online and Worlds Adrift to come out this summer (both Hardcore FFA PVP MMORPGs) I've also got eyes on the survival game Rend and the milsim Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

If anyone would be interested in playing either of those two titles, let me know!

Reactions: Soul_Est and K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
The only other early access game I've played is Space Engineers, but I haven't played that game since before they introduced planets, I had to 'give it up' as it was taking up way to much of my time!

But I must say, even though PUBG is in early access it is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, I think they have really hit the nail on the head. It does have a few optimisation issues which are probably more apparent on low end systems. I've been running it with an i7-7700, GTX 1070 and 16Gb of RAM and to be honest I've not really noticed any performance issues other than the odd glitch here and there, but nothing game breaking. There was a problem with lag and low fps in dense towns during the first few weeks, but this improved significantly with a patch.

Overall personally I think its possibly the best £26 I've spent on a game, even though it is in early access it doesn't really feel like it is.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The only other early access game I've played is Space Engineers, but I haven't played that game since before they introduced planets, I had to 'give it up' as it was taking up way to much of my time!

300+ hours lost on that game and counting... Planets account for at least half of it, they're ridiculously cool!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm also waiting for PUBG to become more final-y because the concept is very interesting. But just as @3lfk1ng I'm not ready to commit to another alpha game.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Anyone have anything to say about Astroneer? It looks great, but I have yet to pull the trigger and I just missed the sale :\
I love it!

-edit-

It's really fun and takes some getting used to, but overall the level of frustration is acceptable in comparison to the resultant hours of playtime I put into it. :)

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Almost done with Stacking, giving King's Quest (reboot) a go...also my son wants to start Lego Star Wars (on my PC), and for me to join him playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii). Its his birthday shortly, and I suspect he won't bother me too much have much free time after he opens Super Mario Maker (WiiU).

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Shit just got real.

Virtualbox
MS DOS 6.2.2
oak cdrom driver
cute mouse driver

Murder Death Kill

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Talking about oldies (I know it's not THAT old), I started playing Hitman: Blood Money recently. Pretty cool game, though it feels a little weird to gain knowledge through failed attempts. Almost like cheating.

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 6, 2017
I'm nearing the end of Pokemon Uranium. This is my first attempt at a fan-made Pokemon game. I really enjoy it. This game invokes more emotions than any official Pokemon title I can think of aside from my first which was Emerald, but that's a lot of nostalgia on that one.
Spoilers ahead on my reasoning...
Because of the way this game deals with nuclear disasters there's parts of the game where I was legit worried that I may never see certain characters again.

This game's concept of nuclear pokemon actually resembles Shadow Pokemon from XD Gale of Darkness, and similar to XD GoD the mastermind is just as sinister.

And the sidequest at Silverport (I think the name is) where the crooked professor kidnaps you and locks you in a cage, like OMG that resembles the classic Pokemon Anime I used to love all the way from Kanto to the battle frontier after Hoenn where Team Rocket would lock the heroes or their Pokemon or some crazy stuff.