What games are you playing?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Yes please !

Personally I would like to see a game that allows gameplay non-real-time so it doesn't matter who's online and who isn't. Like Minecraft already does.

Stop it, I resisted until now XD

Reactions: Phuncz

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Regarding the poll, I retired from two three different MMO slav-dev tank games because they made me misanthropic and I suspect they would have eventually led to hypertension.

So far, all language has been AC7 being "VR exclusively on Playstation" (different from the common weasel-y 'console exclusive on Playstation' verbage for games with a PC version) with no mention of timed exclusivity or any hints at VR for PC.
I'd love for the VR version (whether it be the whole campaign or select missions) to be available on PC so I can crank the supersampling and play in a simpit, but all signs point to no so far.

Hrm, I may have conflated that with the status of the game itself. Oh well. *erases A-10 HOTAS from list*

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I've been on-and-off with ESO recently since I've been burning what little free time I have on competitive Overwatch. I'm coming back because on Monday, the housing update drops along with a sizeable balance update across the game.

And with yesterday's announcement of the Morrowind expansion, I've never been more excited to go back to Tamriel.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Airship game!? Need to look into that for sure.

I have been finally playing xCom 2 because it hit the Humble Monthly and I love me some cheap games. :thumb:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
i finally picked up Starbound on sale off Steam. Still not sure if I love it or hate it, wouldnt mind giving the multiplayer a go but not sure if there are that many people on the forum besides myself and @GuilleAcoustic playing it

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
It feels much more "alive" than Space Engineers. All the NPC Faction warring in the background is very immersive and fun. I also really like the way shipbuilding works. It is more intuitive to me than Space Engineers, and allows for much more customization.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
I think I like "The Long Dark"

I think I like it, too! It has been a lot of fun and it is still in Alpha. Can't say enough for the simplicity, audio engineering, music. So far, so good. Of course at this stage it can still become boring after too long - but hey, so can everything.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Last night I played a few hours of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND, its my first ever experience playing a Battle Royale game but I absolutely loved it.

I played 11 rounds and only managed to kill 1 person in my last round by running them over! Even so, it was still fun to play despite my lack of combat skills!

100 people are para-dropped onto a huge island, you can pick your spot where to land. Once you hit the ground it becomes a race to find good weapons and supplies to try and stay alive! The last man standing is the winner.

A circular force field surrounds the map which sets the boundaries you can explore within, after a couple of minutes you are told to make your way to a certain area of the map that the force field slowly closes in on, over time this forces everyone into a smaller and smaller space bringing armed players together for an inevitable show down.

Overall the game works really well, the interface is very polished and the matchmaking system is one of the best I've used with absolute minimal fuss to get into a game, just 1 click. Graphics are good, but need some opimisation to improve frame rates, I was getting somewhere between 50 - 60 fps with an i7-7700 and GTX 1070 @ 1080p with High/Ultra custom settings.

At £26 it may seem a little steep for an early access game with only 1 (huge) map. But from what I have played it is definitely worth it.