What did you do today?

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
*Decides that today is the day to organise some files on NAS.
*Starts copying 60GB of data to local PC for ease of use.
*Wireless AC speed stuck at 10MB/s -_-

*Googles improving Wireless Speeds*
http://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-increase-your-wifi-speed-in-2016.html

*Quickly glances over the site:
1…Use 802.11ac Wireless Equipment
I already AM!

2…Get A Good Signal
No s**t sherlock

3…Position Router Strategically
Right, It's in under my TV, great for the living not so great for the office room.

4…Use Bigger Antennas
Non removable on my Router, Netgear R7000

5… Use a WiFi Booster Extender
Better signal, but lower throughput, not at option for today

Goes back and reads each step:
If your router has more than one antenna than positioning them in different directions can help with a signal since the wave propagation will cover more.

Ideally position one vertically and one horizontally.

O'really? Moves one antenna on PC to horizontal

NICE!!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yup, if your router or wireless AP has MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output), it's important for the antennas to be positioned in different angles so the signal bounces into different paths. Otherwise you end up with SISO (Single Input, Single Output).

You can make these Pikachus:

Just as long as they're not parallel.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Kinda in the same boat honestly, though mostly for aesthetic reasons. I do really enjoy my DeathAdder 2013 though. Seems to meet at least some of your specifications :)

I checked Asus Pugio spec on the site, unfortunately they aren't equipped with on board memory (it's a must for me). So frustrating - this is 2018, a 65 USD gaming mouse should have an on board memory.

So anw I went to the PC Show yesterday. Tried a lot of mice (including the Pugio). I finally I decided to get a Razer Lancehead. The grip suits me & it has on board memory as well. Razer's 3389 sensor is a bonus (and yes it's slightly cheaper than the Pugio, which comes only with 3330).

The Synapse Pro is still beta & as of now doesn't keep Chroma settings, but at least it can store the button mapping & DPI into the mouse.

This is my first Razer btw.

However... I'm still on the fence at the moment, as I'm not really sure whether I have to switch from my trusty Logitech G102. So yeah as of now the Lancehead is still in it's box, unopened :p

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I checked Asus Pugio spec on the site, unfortunately they aren't equipped with on board memory (it's a must for me). So frustrating - this is 2018, a 65 USD gaming mouse should have an on board memory.

So anw I went to the PC Show yesterday. Tried a lot of mice (including the Pugio). I finally I decided to get a Razer Lancehead. The grip suits me & it has on board memory as well. Razer's 3389 sensor is a bonus (and yes it's slightly cheaper than the Pugio, which comes only with 3330).

The Synapse Pro is still beta & as of now doesn't keep Chroma settings, but at least it can store the button mapping & DPI into the mouse.

This is my first Razer btw.

However... I'm still on the fence at the moment, as I'm not really sure whether I have to switch from my trusty Logitech G102. So yeah as of now the Lancehead is still in it's box, unopened :p
I was considering the Lancehead as well! The tourney edition can come in white also :)

Reactions: AleksandarK

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I was considering the Lancehead as well! The tourney edition can come in white also :)

Haha yeah I got the Tourney Edition. Not really a fan of wireless mice with the extra battery weight.

Was considering the gunmetal color, but when I saw the product, it's like almost silver.. not gunmetal at all IMO. So I got the black one instead.

My hand is not that big. I can palm a Deathadder or Rival 300, but still prefer smaller mice.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
@tinyitx well it was 10 Celcius when I left NZ so it being 30 here, and humid, will take some getting used to.

I remember landing in NZ after Computex last year was like walking into a fridge!
If it makes you feel better, the forecast is 40c in my part of Texas tomorrow :p Walking into the fridge sounds like a treat at this point.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
So I can plug & play my mouse on any PC while still retaining my custom DPI settings and (more importantly) button mapping.
Agreed. That is what I love about my G600.

Today, I backed the UDOO BOLT at the V8 + 8 GB RAM level. Missed out of the early when deciding but it is still a good deal compared to the Ryzen 5 2400G system that I wanted to build as the cost would go up significantly one I go below a certain volume. Currently looking at the MIX and the Hingeworx as well. Will update later.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Agreed. That is what I love about my G600.

Today, I backed the UDOO BOLT at the V8 + 8 GB RAM level. Missed out of the early when deciding but it is still a good deal compared to the Ryzen 5 2400G system that I wanted to build as the cost would go up significantly one I go below a certain volume. Currently looking at the MIX and the Hingeworx as well. Will update later.
Not gonna lie I'm very interested in the Arduino functionality on that now. Reminds me of the linux running arduino boards, but more functional.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Not gonna lie I'm very interested in the Arduino functionality on that now. Reminds me of the linux running arduino boards, but more functional.
It is merely an ATMega 32u4. Standard fare in many DIY projects. Would have preferred a STM32 MCU with the Arduino bootloader installed instead.

I've actually been looking at the Corsair Scimitar and the Logitech G600 lately, to get a mouse with the tertiary mouse button as well as more programmable buttons than I have now... when looking at the G600 I shed a tear seeing it discontinued over here
If you'd like, it may be possible to arrange a way of getting one to you. Not sure from Canada to elsewhere but I could check and see.