What did you do today?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I've had my G500s for a long time now, didn't even know I can do that.

Haha.. I hope it makes you like your G500s even more :)

Well, here's my mouse usage:
- Bind thumb buttons to "Pg Up" & "Pg Down".
- If the mouse have any additional buttons, I usually bind them to "Home" & "End"
- Usually I set it to 1200 DPI.

The game I play is actually an old game but fun:
- Kind of a story game.. involves a lot of text depending on the level.
- Free!
- Low minimum PC spec requirement
- Available on Windows, Mac & Linux. Steam is not required. (In your face, Steam!)
- You can try & download it here.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
The game I play is actually an old game but fun:
- Kind of a story game.. involves a lot of text depending on the level.
- Free!
- Low minimum PC spec requirement
- Available on Windows, Mac & Linux. Steam is not required. (In your face, Steam!)
- You can try & download it here.

If you had this game, you'd need at least 30 more buttons on your mouse :confused:

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Can also try Rival 500, Corsair Vengeance M95, or Roccat Nyth.

The Rival 500 actually looked pretty interesting, not much more button wise or as good of a "tertiary" mouse button as my current one but even looked to have side scrolling mouse wheel! *stares intensely at Corsair Scimitar* *cough*

@Soul_Est I was actually checking out different places to purchase the G600 from, looked like Amazon or Newegg would be the places for the job in that case

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Tossed my name into the 8086k raffle, though it looks like someone could easily spoof that with a million one-off email addresses.

I also got sunburned riding my bike along the city trails, but it doesn't sting yet :p

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Today i f***ed up my python system, by installing an older version of 3. I needed 3.5 and it created a mess because i also had 2.7 and 3.6 in my system. The result of my "work" ended in a non usable system. Basically it resulted in terminal not launching and system spitting out errors every time i try to open any app besides chrome.

It all works now, but i learned a valuable lesson the hard way!

Reactions: ignsvn

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Today i f***ed up my python system, by installing an older version of 3
The problem wasnt that you installed an older version, multiple versions is a thing that python is fairly good at. The problem was that you nuked system python in the process. Still there isnt a linux user out there who hasent hosed a system at least once.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Something I've been working on over the last two weeks. I moved the 6" lift from my 2007 Grand Cherokee to the newer 2010. I've made some significant upgrades in the quality of parts! In addition to finishing the lift, I got my new wheels mounted. There's a hundred more things to do, but it's a start!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Due to the tropical ambient temperature, my HDD temps are a little high, so I put these little heat suckers on my hard drives.

They work nicely, bringing the HDD temps down about 3-5C.

Next, company was throwing away old stuffs they no longer use.

As they said, "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

I got two of these. Funny, one has 108 keys cherry MX white (or milk), and the other one has 108 keys cherry MX black.

Gonna try to desolder them.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Took a day off from SFFn (I know, *gasp*) to explore Taipei. I fly home tomorrow, so content can wait a couple of days, whilst I actually get a day off..

Oh wait, I'm posting to the forum, and have been taking pictures of some AMAZING electronics shops for an article.. does that really count as a day off?

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Bought a Nintendo Switch. /jk

I did receive some of the parts and tools for the keyboard that I'll be building. 48 NovelKeys x Kailh BOX Heavy Burnt Orange switches, 1 2Ux1 stabilizer, and 1 keycap and switch puller. Hope the switches won't be too heavy at 60g of force versus the 45g that I use now.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I sat on an airplane for 13 hours, then in an airport for 5 hours, another airplane for 3 hours, now I'm sitting in another airport for 3 hours and gonna sit on another airplane for 2 hours. After that I'll get to sit in a car for 2 hours, then sleep. I lived in Chengdu so long time that I don't feel I am going home anymore. Feels like I left home again :(:(:(:(