What did you do today?

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Addition by subtraction. Always awesome!

Having sold the Taichi, 1700 and ram out of my CerbX case I had to get it back into service.

Bonus shot of my current and very messy set up. Downloading War Thunder on it now and the Atlas wallpaper for the S4 system in anticipation of Harebrained Schemes Battletech. It releases April 24th so special shout out to all my fellow TT BT nerds worldwide. ;)

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but for someone who's been on the internet for a long time I've never made the switch to a password manager.
I have to confess I only ever had 2 passwords I used for everything, with a couple of variations, but still.:oops:

Finally made the switch to LastPass and converted most of my important and frequently visited sites over to a unique password as well as setting 2FA for some.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Playing games with various family members. Got back to playing chess after a very long hiatus. Also played some Towerfall Ascension after a long bout of troubleshooting gamepad inputs. Still had each of the two working controllers controlling two characters each. When Towerfall Ascension comes to the Nintendo Switch I may probably purchase the system then as this was the tipping point. Only other option is an XBOX 360 receiver and XBOX 360 controllers which are their own can of worms.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Is molex to sata adapter safe? I've been using one before without issue, but read on reddit & other forums that they short & burn sometimes..

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Is molex to sata adapter safe? I've been using one before without issue, but read on reddit & other forums that they short & burn sometimes..
Low quality ones could potentially short out, I suppose. Important too to notice the ratings for the connectors, but for drive operation it should be fine.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I'm speding the holidways with my mother in law so its the usual beer during sunday cooking together, its quite nice
we adopted a baby black cat last week (we named her morgana) and brought with us for the weekend. the older cat wasnt amused.
us packing the stuff to be here was funny thought. baby cat and cockatiel and our stuff. a tiny big family

speaking of family, I've been thinking a lot of moving out of the country. I wount be able for a couple years yet but I'm looking for my options. both me and my fiancee are product design graduating this year. She really does a nice job at academic research (she's studying ergonomics of game controllers for motor disability) but to be honest brazil is going down hill on academic fields :/ and with this years election I'm not sure what will be left of this country in the long run
our 1st option is canada but who knows.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Started cleaning the hell out of a Realforce.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
ok today I got to know that we may be getting another military coup.... and its more real than I initally thought. there have been rummors for months now
I found a good thread in english that explains a bit how its going

I guess today I'll be getting a VPN as well. any recommendations?

Reactions: Biowarejak

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
ok today I got to know that we may be getting another military coup.... and its more real than I initally thought. there have been rummors for months now
I found a good thread in english that explains a bit how its going

I guess today I'll be getting a VPN as well. any recommendations?
Make sure to grab a copy of TOR, and ideally a copy of Tails Linux. Neither may be needed unless severe crackdowns on access occur, but better to have them ready if needed than trying to find them after restrictions are put in place. For ultra-paranoia, LABRE might be worth a look to get set up to access AMPRnet.