What did you do today?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Having little setbacks in office. Feeling demotivated but need to hold on. Not really a good time to switch job because seems like another recession is coming.

They call it technical recession, I think. Snowballed effects of Brexit, US-China tariff war, instabilities in Middle Eastern countries + Hong Kong and so on.

These more or less affect job market: every now & then I keep receiving email from headhunters regarding new job opening. However, in the past 6 months or so, I notice that 70%-80% of these are all contract-based. Seems like organizations are getting more prudent on their headcount. Hopefully this situation will be over quickly.

What kind of work do you do? I'm a software programmer and contract jobs have been my way of life since, well, since I started my career in the late 2000's. Full-time jobs with stock and benefits feels like more like a unicorn to me, and I live in the US! But still apparently job security is still high for us programmers?

Reactions: VegetableStu

1337harcha

Caliper Novice
Apr 9, 2019
Received my Sentry 2.0 Yesterday. Now I realize that I will not be putting anything inside it since it is more interesting to keep building my current PC in a sleeper box. Then again this project has been moving at a snails pace ever since I ordered my Sentry in March. Surely I will find something to fill-er-up with eventually or when it will be more appropriate for my desk setup.

Reactions: confusis

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
It's Friday! I'm currently sitting at my desk, miserable. Totally my own fault... We had a little holiday lunch at work and there were so many good things to eat. If I can make it through this afternoon without wanting to take a nap, I'm then going out for drinks with workmates, and then off to another holiday party with the wife. It's going to be a long day, but a good time. The best part is what will be waiting for me when I get home. After a week in shipping limbo, it appears that I'll have a box full of newly printed parts for the OSIDIAS project at my front door. I can't wait!

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
It's Friday! I'm currently sitting at my desk, miserable. Totally my own fault... We had a little holiday lunch at work and there were so many good things to eat. If I can make it through this afternoon without wanting to take a nap, I'm then going out for drinks with workmates, and then off to another holiday party with the wife. It's going to be a long day, but a good time. The best part is what will be waiting for me when I get home. After a week in shipping limbo, it appears that I'll have a box full of newly printed parts for the OSIDIAS project at my front door. I can't wait!

That sounds like a pretty good day if you ask me!

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
this week's schedule:
  • sick
  • relative's choir performance
  • extended family dinner
  • pray for clear skies for solar eclipse
  • sick (probably)

Reactions: ignsvn

Bowspin

Caliper Novice
Oct 16, 2019
Ordered my Dan a4 after several months of careful hardware researches, supposed to be shipped on the 27th and arriving 1 to 3 weeks after that, I'm already so overexcited that I don't know how I will wait that long haha. My previous dead computer is 9 years old with a GTX 470 inside, and I haven't really played in two years of travelling, so yeah I'm quite excited watching my new hardware sitting on my desk !

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
  • Set up a couple of Noctua 200mm fans on my desk to cool me in the summer heat
  • Bought;
    • JDM 17" wheels for my car at a steal of a price
    • Wheel nuts for said wheels because Toyota uses shank nut and washer, but wheels use tapered nuts
    • kill-a-watt clone
    • tow hook thingy for car because JDM lols
    • beer
  • New Years eve woo?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
A week ago, while lifting something heavy with in a not-so-proper body posture under an emergency situation, I felt a sharp pain at my lower back. Oddly, now the lower back pain has subsided but migrated to the centre of my left rear. Now, I literally have a 'pain in the ass'. Hopefully it will go away in a couple months. ?

To compensate my pain, I order a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 in Taobao. It should arrive in a couple days. Will do a quick open box review when I receive it. This cooler will be part of a system that I will build for a buddy sometime next summer. The system will be based on a yet-to-be-released Intel Z490 ITX motherboard. Now that it is revealed that the new LGA 1200 socket will have the same dimensions as LGA 115x, I just decide to go ahead to order this cooler. This system is in the parts collection stage. So far, I have the ITX case (Deng F15) and all the case fans (2x 14cm + 1x 9cm Noctua).

Question: What are you guys planning for 2020 as far as SFF is concerned? Other than this Deng F15 build, I have no other plan yet.