GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

BLACK is beautiful. :D

MOD EDIT: FIXED THAT BLAPSHEMY OF A PIC !!!! :p

BLACK might be beautiful, but BEIGE is perfection !

Last edited:

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
The NF-A9x14 PWM available retail is not the fan supplied on the L9i.

Long live the Coffeencreammasterrace

So does that mean that I bought the most powerful 92mm Noctua fan available retail? I'm okay with that. :D

...masterrace my foot - lol.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I've finally got a pretty good start on the garage and workshop addition to our house. We were trying to stay ahead of the bad weather, but it doesn't appear we'll make it. Ah well, it may be a slower road, but will be so nice once done!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I've finally got a pretty good start on the garage and workshop addition to our house. We were trying to stay ahead of the bad weather, but it doesn't appear we'll make it. Ah well, it may be a slower road, but will be so nice once done!

OOOOH, a bobcat skidsteer. Those things are so much fun!
I rented one a while back to build an RC track in my yard!

I need to find an excuse to play around with one again sometime,
but nice addition to your house, that looks really exciting!
My dad was a contractor for a few years so I share his love of construction.

Reactions: craigbru

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
OOOOH, a bobcat skidsteer. Those things are so much fun!
I rented one a while back to build an RC track in my yard!

I need to find an excuse to play around with one again sometime,
but nice addition to your house, that looks really exciting!
My dad was a contractor for a few years so I share his love of construction.

Yeah, they really are! It sure makes quick work of any grading and leveling.

My dad has been a lifelong farmer and carpenter. I was lucky enough to grow up with that being a part of my life. As such, there's very little I can't do. It makes projects like this much cheaper. It's only costing me materials and my time.

Reactions: confusis

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, they really are! It sure makes quick work of any grading and leveling.

My dad has been a lifelong farmer and carpenter. I was lucky enough to grow up with that being a part of my life. As such, there's very little I can't do. It makes projects like this much cheaper. It's only costing me materials and my time.

The time thing is always what gets me in projects like that,
even if I am motivated.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Sick leave has been wearing on me lately, but today was a good day. I've started rereading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series - the absolute best epic fantasy series I've come across. Has to be a decade since I read them, but at about 100 pages into the first book it's just as good as I remembered (though likely better as I understand a lot more this go around - these are not the kind of books that like to explain things too much!). For anyone interested, be warned that the series consists of something like a dozen books anywhere from 600 to 1200 pages long. Still, absolutely worth it. Just prepare to be confused about 80% of the time for the first 3-4 books.

After reading for a bit I went into town, bought some supplies for some small projects (cleaning up the wiring on my console shelf, sanding and painting my near finished DIY portable monitor), and then went to Ikea and bought a motorized stand for my desk. Should be a major usability upgrade, especially once I'm done with surgery. At least I've got enough new projects to keep me busy for a while :)