What did you do today?

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
Noticed the reason my case backplate wasn't fitting right was becasue the graphics card was pushing on it. Can't bring the card further back as it's already touching the other end, so got rid of the PCIe bracket and integrated the holding points and cutouts in the backplate.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Off topic:

What happened to your heatsink project?

Was supposed to be to me last week but they screwed up bending of heatpipes and I had to order some new ones for them. Hopefully will have full working prototype next week.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
It's a little hard to get anything done on the garage/shop addition due to lack of daylight during the week. I'm also still waiting on parts to show up for OSIDIAS. So, I decided to get a little game time in. While scrolling through my Steam library, I decided to go ahead and finish a few games that I'd stopped playing for some reason. One of those was Bioshock: Infinite... last played in December of 2014. I'm not sure why I quit, as I was most of the way through the game. In fact, I was up to the point where I needed to rescue Elizabeth. It's always a little jarring to try and pick up the game mechanics after not playing for such a long time. I still had a great time. Maybe I'll push through to the end this go around!

Reactions: rfarmer

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
Found out about Project Cars 2 on Youtube, hadn't found a good car racing game in a long while and it seemed like it so bought it, cleared the mountain of dust on ye good ole Logitech G25 and set it up while it was downloading and played for 2 hours in VR with tethered Quest, and it was awesome ☺

Reactions: CottonTexas

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
Found out about Project Cars 2 on Youtube, hadn't found a good car racing game in a long while and it seemed like it so bought it, cleared the mountain of dust on ye good ole Logitech G25 and set it up while it was downloading and played for 2 hours in VR with tethered Quest, and it was awesome ☺

Cool looking game. I get headaches when I play VR, but it looks like a LOT of fun - I'm jealous. :)

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Had my first US patent granted (Non-PC related). Holy shit is that a lengthy process.

Purely out of curiosity, would you mind telling us what it is?

Was supposed to be to me last week but they screwed up bending of heatpipes and I had to order some new ones for them. Hopefully will have full working prototype next week.

The hype is real! It's been a long journey but you're so close! :)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Purely out of curiosity, would you mind telling us what it is?

It's a medical device used for what is called fascial manipulation (http://www.fascialmanipulation.com/en/). I am a physiotherapist and use this technique extensively in my practice. Typically it takes approximately three minutes per area of dense fascia to successfully mobilize tissues to a functionally improved state. My tools reduce the time to do this by approximately 90% meaning practitioners can treat much more quickly and effectively.

Essentially the patent covers the use of a manual tool to impart a shearing force to the tissues in order to mobilize. When done manually for the recommended length of two and a half to three minutes, pain can be significant and hard to tolerate. Several uses of the tool are typically far less painful and last for less than 10-15 seconds.

You can think of fascial anatomy as being an evidence based and anatomical analogue to acupuncture and meridian lines. I mean this in that the fascia runs in large and somewhat predetermined tracts along the length of the body. Because it can link one end of the body to the other via nervous system representation and proprioception, effectively learning to manipulate fascia and understanding the interrelation between different parts of the body can yield vastly superior results when compared to traditional therapies.

As an example, I had a guy about a month ago with a a 13 year old knee replacement that had never bent more that 85 degrees. It had also been chronically painful since his surgery (You require about 110 degrees to navigate stairs). Not even touching his knee but working points cranial and caudal to the knee, I was able to restore 120 degrees of knee bend in about three minutes of treatment. Guy is now able to do stairs properly for the first time in over a decade and no longer has knee pain. Pretty cool stuff :)

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Man, human body needs some serious cable management. You know something must be wrong when you step on something and your liver bursts.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I know how that is. I spent two days in hospital last week after having a suspected heart attack - full on chest pains, light headedness, etc etc.

Turns out it was a combination of muscle issues in my chest and an anxiety attack. My heart's fine (ignoring my paroxysmal atrial fibrillation..lol)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Having little setbacks in office. Feeling demotivated but need to hold on. Not really a good time to switch job because seems like another recession is coming.

They call it technical recession, I think. Snowballed effects of Brexit, US-China tariff war, instabilities in Middle Eastern countries + Hong Kong and so on.

These more or less affect job market: every now & then I keep receiving email from headhunters regarding new job opening. However, in the past 6 months or so, I notice that 70%-80% of these are all contract-based. Seems like organizations are getting more prudent on their headcount. Hopefully this situation will be over quickly.