What did you do today?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Killed the third second LAN port on an ASUS motherboard (third one actually survived, A320I-K!). For some reason whenever I plug in an ASUS motherboard into our network, our UniFi Switch 16 resets, and the LAN port on the ASUS motherboard goes dead. Very strange!

Last edited:
Reactions: Solo

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Woke up, fed my dog, went back to sleep and woke up again. Pretty sick, I know.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Today I cleaned up my code, wrote all the error handling routines, wrote the log and data archiving routines and failed to exchange data with that f*****g webservice through that f*****g proxy through that f*****g mirror ....

To the morron who designed the network and services ....

Reactions: Windfall

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
The power company erected 3 new poles during the week around my complex. They installed cabling today. With no warning cut my power off at 3pm. Shut my PC abruptly. It's like the universe is telling me my project really can't come together soon enough!

(was going to hook up the battery, and the monitor to pci-e to dc jack I've got but alas LG doesn't do common socket size)

Reactions: Phuncz

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
For an unknown reason it sends me HTTP 403 Forbidden. Maybe a doing of my No Brown No go fanblock addon
Does that add-on come in an IRL version where all fans magically turn into Noctuas? Even if it was a subscription service that would be pretty neat.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Been spending a lot of time in Illustrator, and now that I am sort of finished, watched some tutorials and found a quick way to do what I've been doing manually for the past 3 weeks or so. Fml. The thing could've saved me 25% of my time.

• Angry
Reactions: VegetableStu

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Today I casually opened youtube to discover that GGG has annouced Path of Exile 2. Read a HUGE update rather than a whole new games though, but still the changes are just gigantic !

... Jonathan ROGERS (from GGG): "So mobile games are kinda bullshit, right?"

I'd feel bad and ashamed if I were Blizzard, seriously.

Reactions: Choidebu

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
This week have been very slow, anyone else feel the same way?

I can't believe it's still November.

What did I do today? Been working on bottom-balancing my pack. Now try saying that to Kim Kardashian.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018

BLACK is beautiful. :D
But how are you supposed to signal to the world that you have accepted Noctua into your heart when the beige is no longer there? Can it even truly be called a Noctua without the beige? This has me all confused. What is real? What is fantasy? Can a fan be both beige and not beige at the same time? Is it beige on the inside?

Reactions: CottonTexas

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
But how are you supposed to signal to the world that you have accepted Noctua into your heart when the beige is no longer there? Can it even truly be called a Noctua without the beige? This has me all confused. What is real? What is fantasy? Can a fan be both beige and not beige at the same time? Is it beige on the inside?

My sentiments exactly.