What did you do today?

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
You mean like letting contribute code to the project? I haven't thought about that yet. What I would like to do, though is provide an API to access the library of parts and configs. Something PCPP has said they have one but haven't planned on making it public yet.
That is an excellent idea. Another note would be on parts availability in different parts of the world. How would that work?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Didn't do much today, but tomorrow I'm going to see the Pandas....Been here for long enough now I figure its time, also our new metro line has opened so I can go direct to the Panda base! Pictures will come soon

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Is that something related to Pokemon Go ? The hype is very very real. Humanity as a whole is lost to wander the earth as zombies.

15.000 people at the Antwerp Zoo...

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Reading mostly:
  • The Epic of Gilgamesh
  • Literal programming
  • Perspective drawing (3 points, distance point and shadow casting using multiple light sources)
That third book will be next on my list.

I am currently designing these two:

I will focus more on the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

Cuzza

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 15, 2015
What am I doing today? Parent-teacher interviews! "Yes, Mum and Dad, your kid is a dumbass, there's nothing I can do about it."

Sorry I'm never around anymore bros, just don't have anytime for anything at the moment. Not even minecraft. Twins are 8 months old. On the plus side, I've been buying lots of Lego "because my 3yo son likes it."

Rock of SFF fans, maybe I'll see you on tour this summer.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
What am I doing today? Parent-teacher interviews! "Yes, Mum and Dad, your kid is a dumbass, there's nothing I can do about it."
I do wonder when adults started thinking kids are not manipulative know-it-all psychopaths, over here I hear more and more teachers complain it's never the child's fault, always the teacher. Or that's what the parents say about their perfect gem of a child.

On the plus side, I've been buying lots of Lego "because my 3yo son likes it."
High-five !

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
As my father-in-law's mother told his teacher: "When he's home, he's my problem. When he's at school, he's yours."

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Today I went to Ikea. What's not to love about them, but I'm usually on a mission when I go. This time I was looking for ideas on raising my recently acquired speakers to ear-level for my desktop. After an hour and a half of zombieing around, I got two black square Läck, a pack of AAA Ladda, a 9V Alkalisk and a pack of Fantastisk. Or two small shelfs, some AAA rechargable batteries, a 9V alkaline battery and a pack of napkins.

I love many of their designs and take inspiration from their problem-solving solutions. Really cool ideas that blend well with my interest in SFF living.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I used to do those kinds of perspective technical drawings for high school and one college class. It's kind of relaxing on pencil, but frustrating with pen because one mistake meant a wasted sheet.

I've gone back to the grind of applying for jobs when I realized my current one isn't as stable as I thought. And without a good network of people who know web developers, it's pretty damn hard.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I used to do those kinds of perspective technical drawings for high school and one college class. It's kind of relaxing on pencil, but frustrating with pen because one mistake meant a wasted sheet.

I've gone back to the grind of applying for jobs when I realized my current one isn't as stable as I thought. And without a good network of people who know web developers, it's pretty damn hard.
I wish you the best of luck on your search.

Playing Rocket League with friends and officially starting my case project.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Last night I went to see my colleague perform in his 8-person cover band. It was at a semi-illegal event (no permission, some complaints earlier years) in the middle of nowhere, but it was very awesome !

Reactions: jeshikat

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Yesterdays I had a permission to quit hospital to visit my wife and kids.

Tiday, I'm writing about my game project and researching logo design for both "A Voxel Story" and "GuilleAcoustic design".
I'm glad that you were able to visit. How did it go? How are each of them? I like the logo you created for GuilleAcoustic Design.

Yesterday I went around circles talking (or not) about my depression and darker thoughts with an employment coach (you don't look depressed) and a family member (who was overwhelmed). Will be talking with a counsellor later today (hopefully they actually listen).