What did you do today?

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Listed some stuff on ebay. Other than that, nothing too exciting happening.
What stuff?

Final preparations for my last exam tomorrow. I do suspect that I won't make it first try, though.
We believe in you! Believe in us that believe in you.

I'm sorry to hear that, it's always tough losing people you know and love.

What kind of issues are you having with the data? Maybe I can help.
I am having issues related to f2fs. I'll PM you the details.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I've spent 2 hours troubleshooting HDMI underscan and an old Logitech Wireless desktop set not working, on an 8 year old PC. The PC won the battle.

Reactions: Soul_Est and EdZ

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Nothing productive... Money, needs and wants don't seam to match.

Reactions: Soul_Est

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I really wanted a Sony A77ii but I don't do action photography so it was hard to justify. It's too bad Sony doesn't continue develop ment of that line.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That is an excellent idea. Another note would be on parts availability in different parts of the world. How would that work?

Didn't see this reply till now lol. Considering vendors around the world would be a great idea. Would be something at least PCPP hasn't done- query parts that are sold in European and Asian stores.

However it's still all in the planning and early prototyping phases right now. The current challenge is coming up with a site map and code architecture that works well with a site like this. I've had experience with coding these kinds of systems as online apps before, where the business clients would want to add any sorts of configurable parts and produce BOMs for them. So I'm building on some experience there.

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Got back to the states, paid off phone bill and outstanding balance on my student account. Eligible for a phone upgrade now (YES! Moto x screen broke a while back) since my account is in good standing with my cellular provider. Can get the Galaxy Note 7 for $30 a month. Should I?

Booted up 3ds max and went back to working on my basemesh to learn character modeling. Having trouble with the topology of the hips and pelvis. If anyone has any good references to topology of where the upper thigh connects with the pelvis please let me know. I'm having issues where the mesh is pinching and collapsing in that area when rigged, and my current topo just doesn't seem to be working any well. Image below shows my current topology.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Yesterday I completed the SoloLearn C++ course in 2 days, refreshing my knowledge in C++.

Continued my Japanese self learning, with now 40 Hiraganas and Dakuons known.

Also..... Since dreaming is free, so I dreamt about my dream cars....

Everyday use: Morgan Roadster V6

Family sightseeing: Morgan Four Seaters

Family trip and holydays: VW Kombi Split Screen

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Picked up a Steelseries Sentry (rebranded Tobii EyeX). The Windows Hello automatic lock/unlock is pretty neat (though it's hard to override the WIN+L-standup reflex).

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Very nice. FM2+?

Attended my uncle's funeral and had my monitor (mostly) die on me on Tuesday. Yesterday, I started work on another project. This one is revolves around using a computer in the living room or bedroom for gaming or consuming various content. Today, I am helping a friend acquire a laptop that they need for school.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Yes, Gigabyte FM2A88XN-Wifi, A10-7860K, overclocked to CPU @ 7870K speed, IGP is about 10% above 7870K speeds. 16GB DDR3-1600 OC to 1833, 2x SSDs. The cooler is a NH-L9A, which has been borrowed from the SFFn testing box, to be returned upon me buying another cooler (SFFn Staff rule 2: review samples are not to be used in personal rigs)

Apologies for your loss (uncle), your semi loss (monitor) and your long term loss (helping friends acquire hardware and thus becoming 24/7 tech support for them)

Reactions: Phuncz and Soul_Est