What did you do today?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Finally split the motor casing on my bike, so that's going to be fun. Planning on a bearing replacement and adjusting the neutral detent in the shifter.

PC wise, I confirmed my GTX 750ti LP is dead as as a doorknob. Long live the GTX 750ti. I have an EVGA SC edition installed now, but it it's all running on an old ATX PSU hitched to #77 since the HD Plex brick is dead too. Once the bike project is done, I will put money back into getting the computer looking proper. I did order more fittings too.

After that, Radian gets another look.

I try to check in about every other day here, school is going well but it takes focus lol.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Took a personal day today... and spent much of it in front of a screen of some kind. I did manage to get some other work done and started looking into Blender 2.8 but this is too much. Going to the Auto Show with a buddy of mine their friends. Such be interesting, for this part of the world at least. ROW gets most of the good stuff anyway.

BikingViking11

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2019
Got in some early prototypes of a tool I came up with. The one end is for truing brake rotors on bicycles, the other end is for spreading brake pads. There's already a bunch of these tools on the market, but few that are oriented towards mobile mechanics. I like my design better than any of them.

5mm aluminum laser cut by a childhood friend. The bottom one I made by hand.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Got in some early prototypes of a tool I came up with. The one end is for truing brake rotors on bicycles, the other end is for spreading brake pads. There's already a bunch of these tools on the market, but few that are oriented towards mobile mechanics. I like my design better than any of them.

5mm aluminum laser cut by a childhood friend. The bottom one I made by hand.
That's really cool! The bottom one looks especially clean.

Reactions: el01

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Saw that Logitech is re releasing the MX518 in the US finally...

I have my OG 518 on the kid's PC. Still going strong.. check out this order date. So many builds, frags, pizzas, beers, Mountain Dews, LANs...(holy hell feeling old) XD

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Saw that Logitech is re releasing the MX518 in the US finally...

I have my OG 518 on the kid's PC. Still going strong.. check out this order date. So many builds, frags, pizzas, beers, Mountain Dews, LANs...(holy hell feeling old) XD

Looking forward to this. (G600 looks on jealously) <_<

Today, I handed my resignation letter in :D
Amazing! Looking forward to reading about your next adventure.

Reactions: Biowarejak

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
“Drywall hides all”. ... Former framer here. :cool:

The finish guys did let me do baseboards and shoe molding at least!

@confusis —looks good! Can’t wait to see it all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak