What did you do today?

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
I went from:
  • How small can a case be and house a Noctua D15 / Dark Rock Pro 4 + itx GPU + Hdplex 400 ac-dc (a cube case where the hdplex runs lengthwise over the gpu) to
  • "Hey, I should flesh this out, I could be sitting on a novel idea" to
  • The realization that I can wait for someone else here to exhaust their time and money in development of their case and just buy it in one of their batches
Today I just saved myself a bunch of money. XD

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Not today, but on saturday night we held a pajama party for our youngest (almost 10yo) .... Having 4x 10yo over-excited girls sitting at home was a bit challenging XD.

We've been there, my youngest is now 15 and organises her own parties.
in the UK we use the American term 'Sleepover' which is the biggest misnomer ever... They watch films, eat lots of carbs and it is in fact a 'Stay awake over' XD.
When you're old & grumpy lik me, getting up to tell them to be quiet at 1/2/3 am is tiring...:mad:

@ignsvn Congratulations on getting a home of your own.
As you can see, as your children grow up it gets 'easier'!! Having toddlers around is just yesterday and at the same time a really long time ago, it's funny how the passing of time feels.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
CPU and 24 pin cables have been remade with some rigid ass 2.4 OD 16 AWG wire for my godforsaken Sentry rebuild. I might use a 1050ti so I don't have to make a PCIE cable (but mostly just to keep the whole build even cleaner).

This is a graveyard of blundered crimps and other debris.

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017
Since a few days ago I kept looked at Ducky One 2 TKL, but last night I realized my wishlist since 5-6 years ago is a particular keyboard, so, I bought it instead Ducky and my bank account is bleeding so hard since I upgraded my laptop RAM, SSD, and WiFi card. It's still March yet worse than the last year spending for hobbies.
I hope it would arrive safely on the next few days.
Actuallly, it's wiser to not buying a new keyboard and just use the 'old' Cherry MX 3.0 red switch, a gift from Cherry GmBH, but I don't like fullsize and short left Shift.
My progress to build a desktop PC or PS4 or battletop setup just started.

Last edited:

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Back in 2006 I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's. I fell in love with them from the first listen. I held on to them for a couple of years before mistakenly selling them and moving on. I've always regretted that decision. Since then, I've gone through several other highly recommended budget options, including JVC HA-RX900's, Audio Technica ATH-M50's, and countless Logitech gaming headsets (I was a fan of the wireless variants). Well, no more. After dealing with a few issues with my Logitech G933's the other night, I decided to go back to what I loved. I still wanted a headset with a mic, so what to do? Ah, enter the Beyerdynamic MMX 300's. Basically the DT770's with a great mic built in. I've got them on right now as I type this, and I keep getting distracted by how great they sound! I should have done this way sooner!