What did you do today?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I bought an R7 1700. I need a motherboard now. Any suggestions?

I like the idea of the Asus Strix ITX boards, as both platforms support dual M.2 drives, which is appealing to SFF users, as you can (at a cost)... lose a decent amount of cabling compared to 2 standard drives.
/2p [2 cents if you insist...]

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I bought an R7 1700. I need a motherboard now. Any suggestions?
I'd recommend any of the ASRock or especially the ASUS boards as @Arboreal mentioned. Loved my STRIX B450 when I used it.

I officially have the job I applied for ! Can't wait to hand in my resignation letter XD.
Wahoo! Congratulations on getting it! I hope that it's everything that you wished for and more.

Reactions: el01

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
man i should ramp up on personal work ._. slowing down too much (i have an unfulfilled promise on the screen recording setup and editing workflow for my 3D journal, and that's.... in form of a video ,_,)

I should do a few quick and easy other ones. got the means to try out something after a new acquisition of audio recording gear

on a side note: I shouldn't jinx myself on this, but I think spicy tolerance can be slowly trained in manageable amounts o_o been having Samyang 2X spicy once a week (with milk).

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
man i should ramp up on personal work ._. slowing down too much (i have an unfulfilled promise on the screen recording setup and editing workflow for my 3D journal, and that's.... in form of a video ,_,)

I should do a few quick and easy other ones. got the means to try out something after a new acquisition of audio recording gear

on a side note: I shouldn't jinx myself on this, but I think spicy tolerance can be slowly trained in manageable amounts o_o been having Samyang 2X spicy once a week (with milk).
it actually does work that way! :D

now time for the sichuan peppercorns XD

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I wasn't completely happy with the Titan Aero on my printer, so I changed things up a bit. Moved to a Bondtech extruder with an upgraded E3D V6 hotend. I no doubt will need to change some slicer settings, so I'm running through testing now!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Recently tried another NZ apple brand and a new Italian apple brand. This NZ brand is not as good as the one I posted earlier but it is still very good. Those Italian apples are also very good. So, my order of preference is now:-
NZ, Italy > Australia > China, France, Canada > USA

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Bye GTX 970. The best card I've ever owned but better off with no dGPU with such little gaming.

I might slip if 1070 prices collapse or 1160Ti somehow ends up being affordable.