What did you do today?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Scientifical experiments. Muahahahahaha!!!

When I was much younger we would have a spodie every year where the main ingredient was everclear. I live in Washington state and we had to drive over to Montana in order to buy it. Very crazy and highly intoxicated parties those were. Ah to be young and dumb again. :p

BikingViking11

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2019
When I was much younger we would have a spodie every year where the main ingredient was everclear. I live in Washington state and we had to drive over to Montana in order to buy it. Very crazy and highly intoxicated parties those were. Ah to be young and dumb again. :p
Yeah, and I don't even drink alcohol these days.

As it says on the label it's also for extracting. I bought three bags of dried Extra Hot New Mexico green chiles, ran two through the food processor and put it in a jar with the Everclear. In a week or two I'll pour off the fluid, boil the alcohol out and will have nearly pure capsicum left. I'll make a more conventional hot sauce with the third bag and add the capsicum. I'm hoping to make a sauce this time that will make tough men cry.

Today I made some camera mounts for my studio out of lean pipe and fittings.

This will allow me to have fixed cable runs that are shielded on the ceiling to keep them from getting snagged and still be able to position the camera anywhere in a 9' diameter area.

The arms can spin 360 degrees, lift and extend and be tucked away against the ceiling when not in use. Still waiting on some threaded knobs for locking them into position and a flexible camera mount for versatility. For now friction holds them OK.

Last edited:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Accidentally liked some random post while browsing on my phone and then unliked it lmfao

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Went back and forth between the head offices of my primary job (3rd time in two days), ordered a temp power supply for my current build (Full Circle) in a temp build (Higher-End Sketch), and came home to find out that a new TV that I bought beginning of this year either suffered a bug or broke down. Going to troubleshoot that and then get ready for the weekend. More work! Yay!

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Today, I cancelled the power supply order and ordered a different one with more power for slightly more money, worked on a few things for each of my part-time positions, played some Breath Of The Wild, and ran a errand. It was alright today.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Ordered more materials to make more cables. Mod-One is currently out of black EPS connectors.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Reactions: Phuncz

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
This April Fool's day is no joke when it's on a Monday and Murphy is involved. At my main job, the primary ISP went down (due to a major accident elsewhere in the city), and the failover to the second ISP failed epically. I also received my Amazon order of a power supply and a utility knife (which I need to open the box now XD) a much larger box and no protective packaging.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
so a little update on my keyboard:

basically the recent W10 update kept BSODing when i replug my keyboard, so I cut out the keyboard logic and preserved the physical buttons and knobs

left with 5 switch positions i could populate with (just to keep things simple, that's about the most i could add without resorting to diodes). gotta figure out what kind of filler to use to seat those switches in (hot glue? paper clay? what kind of epoxy?)

EDIT: for reference, this is what it used to look like

Last edited: