What did you do today?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Having to move between dorms and apartments twice every year for uni is the exact reason why I wanted to go SFF. The next great venture is going to be a 60% keyboard right? :p

Naah 75% is small enough for me. I need the arrow keys, F-row, Home, End, Pg Up & Pg Down.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Naah 75% is small enough for me. I need the arrow keys, F-row, Home, End, Pg Up & Pg Down.

Been using a 60% for a few years now, and as a developer, I really miss the arrows and Ins/Del keys. I have them available on a custom layer, but this is not as efficient.

I'm looking at 65% keyboard now :-p

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Been using a 60% for a few years now, and as a developer, I really miss the arrows and Ins/Del keys. I have them available on a custom layer, but this is not as efficient.

I'm looking at 65% keyboard now :-p

Since I use Vi, I actually have shortcuts for those keys. For example; End is $. And I make stupid but effective mnemonics, like.. "in the end it's all about the money".

But still, having them separately is very helpful when you're editing word document or composing email, for example.

Edit: and yeah Tada68 is hard to beat for a 65%, in terms what you get for the money.

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Today at work was steady.

Last night, I "finished" my Arch Linux install on Full Circle. Compiling the Linux kernel @3700MHz takes ~14 mins. Processor can only boost to 4050MHz stable for now. It took ~5 mins to compile FreeCAD 0.17 80% of the way (@4100MHz before freezing). Installing a few games now to test.

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I managed to get fan spin

FAN SPIN!

Edit: I think the imgur image thing broke again trying to fix it

Edit 2: I fix :D

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Today at work was steady.

Last night, I "finished" my Arch Linux install on Full Circle. Compiling the Linux kernel @3700MHz takes ~14 mins. Processor can only boost to 4050MHz stable for now. It took ~5 mins to compile FreeCAD 0.17 80% of the way (@4100MHz before freezing). Installing a few games now to test.
Check out Luke Smith's video on his DANK Arch/i3 desktop config....
There was this perfect Ubuntu vs. Arch meme I saw where the Ubuntu dude is sitting back and he's like "this pool(metaphor for os) dug itself in 3 minutes and it's great." The arch dure is next to a pit saying that digging it yourself with a spoon is going to make it fill 3 percent faster, and that he's disappointed by the shovel since it's too fast.

Not trying to diss Arch, but it was funny.

How's the Linux gaming experience? I assume you're using just Steam on Linux, right? If I can get Linux to play well with drivers and Overwatch, I might dual boot it later....

Today I've been finishing up two essays for classes. Yaaaay! My car was acting up today, so my landlord and I spent some time fixing it. He knows a lot about cars, so I guess it's ok. Ruined the sponge I started using yesterday for washing dishes by wiping curry out of a bowl with it. Now it leaves yellow residue everywhere. I'll soak it in alcohol or something tomorrow.

I think FreeCad is broken for me, because when I go to draw on a face of a solid, the image ends up behind the face. Is this normal or am I an idiot?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I think FreeCad is broken for me, because when I go to draw on a face of a solid, the image ends up behind the face. Is this normal or am I an idiot
Make sure to only enable viewing of the last solid in your part tree, usually they turn off by default but toggling them back on to check something and forgetting can result in the problem you're experiencing.

Reactions: el01

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
So I have an update on my build. The computer hard-reset when I booted up Destiny, and I was able to do this twice. I think it's the HDPLEX 400W, going off of info from Josh's latest livestream and his answer to my chat question. I obtained the unit second hand at the end of August and was told that the unit worked fine. Man this is just frustrating, I'll probably have to buy a new unit outright from Larry.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
9.5 hour shift, 15km of walking, 2.5 tonnes of stock moved by hand. I hurt.

I so feel your pain. Been doing 12-15h per day, including the 130km drive between home and work, for the past 18 months. Today I applied to a new job. Regular Dev job, but 20mn away from home .... with a bicycle. That alone is priceless.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
My banhammer landed in India minutes ago. Local authorities reports that 48 spams have been destroyed in a single hit.

Edit: looks like I entered combo mode, banned another 9 and then 11 spams. Total number of victims reached 68.....

That entrance with Thor (GuilleAcoustic cameo?) with his new hammer thing was pretty epic in the theater. "These are my friends, rabbit and tree."

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Today I had to go sponsor the high school where I work's robotics team. Some kids were decent, but there was this one kid who took all the hundred grand candy bars, said it was justified because he excercised in the previous week, and said that he knew advanced block programming. He also failed the workshop safety test, and he still stayed there. I did meet some PCMR fans. One of them had an NCase build with a 40% keyboard (sffaf), and the other was gearing up to build an ITX build. Introduced them to SFF Forum, not sure if they'll join.

Tomorrow I have two tests. Wheee!

Reactions: Biowarejak