VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

stretching my drawing muscle. also figuring out how to shade on the way

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
3D printed a 50mm to 60mm Fan Adapter. Not the first print, but only because the first time the filament broke. PLA was too dry. This is in PETG on a glass bed, no adhesive. 2mm layer height :) Gonna have to expand the 50mm fan mounting point cutouts and adjust the final height.
Glad it turned out as well as it did, it's actually fairly heavy.

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Sep 17, 2017
3D printed a 50mm to 60mm Fan Adapter. Not the first print, but only because the first time the filament broke. PLA was too dry. This is in PETG on a glass bed, no adhesive. 2mm layer height :) Gonna have to expand the 50mm fan mounting point cutouts and adjust the final height.
Glad it turned out as well as it did, it's actually fairly heavy.
Just out of curiosity, i see alot of people having 3d printers. Is it worth it to actually get one not for business? But just have some fun with it.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Just out of curiosity, i see alot of people having 3d printers. Is it worth it to actually get one not for business? But just have some fun with it.
In my opinion? Definitely :) something entry-level won't set you back much, but of course if you start to like it you'll eventually want something even better. It's like building a computer

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Sep 17, 2017
In my opinion? Definitely :) something entry-level won't set you back much, but of course if you start to like it you'll eventually want something even better. It's like building a computer
Do you recommend me sometething? Just wanted to create some decorations from a game to mount on my wall. I have no knowledge with 3d printing.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Do you recommend me sometething? Just wanted to create some decorations from a game to mount on my wall. I have no knowledge with 3d printing.
Best to do some looking into it :) everything from build volume to construction quality, if it has a heated bed, if it self levels, if it accepts or requires modification after purchase... For around $200 you can get a Monoprice Select Mini. It has a small build area and requires manual leveling, but would probably be just fine for small things. Also comes pretty much ready to go, no assembly needed.

Reactions: AleksandarK

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Sep 17, 2017
Best to do some looking into it :) everything from build volume to construction quality, if it has a heated bed, if it self levels, if it accepts or requires modification after purchase... For around $200 you can get a Monoprice Select Mini. It has a small build area and requires manual leveling, but would probably be just fine for small things. Also comes pretty much ready to go, no assembly needed.
Thanks! Definitely gonna check it out.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Got myself a new radiator in, but still waiting to order other parts to finish up my loop. Going for 12mm OD glass tubing but I'm having second thoughts.

Reactions: AleksandarK