What did you do today?

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
I feel about the notifications, apparently clearing your browser cache can help with that.

yeah, probably would help if I didn't have a few windows with 40 tabs each and my computer on for days XD:p

But seriously, I really need to get a handle on that...

I think by the end of the project outline it mentions something about making a custom enclosure. I have some preliminary sketches and a few ideas of what I want, but I need to collect data points first to know how much radiator space I'll need to make available. Since it isn't immediately obvious to me I actually wound up giving it support for SFX-L, Flex ATX, and HDPlex for various amounts of radiator space in an enclosure that measures ~12 liters :p we'll see, it was designed around EK stuff and that could change.

Nice! Sounds awesome, makes me want to work on my case project again too but I gotta get these cable orders and HDPlex Mod done first :)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
yeah, probably would help if I didn't have a few windows with 40 tabs each and my computer on for days XD:p

But seriously, I really need to get a handle on that...

Nice! Sounds awesome, makes me want to work on my case project again too but I gotta get these cable orders and HDPlex Mod done first :)
Haha yeah I get that, thanks, I'm looking forward to see what you produce!

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I finished printing my Grand Cherokee bezel! Now it's on to a little smoothing, and then paint. After that I'll work on getting the camera switches in place and mount the volume knob.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Currently waiting for my manager to let me out of the store. Its been 15 minutes since I clocked out.

-edit-

All is well :) had a busy day today between family and work, finally got to spend some time with my pc again a few hours ago. Oh it's good to be home.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Aside from school, spent most of my day kicking around PC Build ideas and case construction techniques. I also got some files uploaded to shapeways to test steel printing, if all goes well I'll start a shop on there. Started looking into glass tubing too for TEC and another build.

Should be an interesting few months ahead if things start proceeding the way I intend :)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This week I've started the PC shuffle:
Main PC: change motherboard to ASRock AB-350 ITX, heatsink to Scythe Kabuto II and case to Ncase M1.
Second PC: try to fit Maximus VII Impact into a InWin Chopin, tried some coolers but it'll end up a hot-rod with exposed intake. Euhm I mean heatsink.
Third PC: contemplated switching everything from Second PC to Third PC, but would be too much hassle.

I'm going to need to get my nibblers out for the Impact board's M.2 daughterboard to fit the InWin Chopin. Just a tiny bit.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Still working on my freelance jobs, but also currently hunting & applying for a full-time job.

Tough time being a front-end / web app developer, as most of these jobs are outsourced somewhere else.

If you don't have much tying you down you can consider a job elsewhere. Ubisoft has lots of web programmers working in their TGO department and I'm sure many other major game companies will hire too. Might pay a bit better than Ubi does as well :)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
If you don't have much tying you down you can consider a job elsewhere. Ubisoft has lots of web programmers working in their TGO department and I'm sure many other major game companies will hire too. Might pay a bit better than Ubi does as well :)

Thanks. Indeed Ubisoft have a development office here in Singapore. However my development skill set & experience are way different from what they need.

In fact, in my opinion game programming could be one of the most difficult programming out there. Depending on the type of the game, you'll need to employ a lot of things: AI, physics, user interaction, etc. Luckily these days there are a lot of reusable libraries & tools they can use.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Thanks. Indeed Ubisoft have a development office here in Singapore. However my development skill set & experience are way different from what they need.

In fact, in my opinion game programming could be one of the most difficult programming out there. Depending on the type of the game, you'll need to employ a lot of things: AI, physics, user interaction, etc. Luckily these days there are a lot of reusable libraries & tools they can use.

According to our programmers here, video game programming is pretty easy compared to others. You might apply just for the heck of it and see what they have. We work pretty closely with Singapore as they are our parent studio, so I would assume they are setup the same way. The programmers are usually classified into different fields (Gameplay, Graphics, Network, Web, UI etc..) so you don't need to be an expert or even very knowledgeable on many things.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I connected the amplifier on my Boombox project. After powering it on the first time, a loud hum was heard, apparently from the Raspberry Pi with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro board. After connecting my phone, crisp and clear sound was heard. The max load on 12V at the moment without the subwoofer speakers connected, it was about 8 amps, which was with a 100Hz continuous tone.

I'm going to need a bigger power supply.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
body protests but mind wants to do something and yet both couldn't agree on what to do this sunday evening.

so I did myself a colouring book in excel

(partially because I've been reading some comments protesting why Intel decided to make their 8-gen CPUs be incompatable with 1xx/2xx motherboards and I had a look at SKL-S's Land Map. If the pinout types change in numbers within all 1151 of them on CFL/CNL then of course that'd be the answer)

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
If the pinout types change in numbers within all 1151 of them on CFL/CNL then of course that'd be the answer)
Same thing happened with LGA2011: three mutually-incompatible variants, same pin-count. If you call them by their actual names - Socket R, Socket R2 and Socket R3 - they're easy to distinguish, but everyone has gotten too used to using pin counts as slang names.