What did you do today?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That is quite a persistent surge, are you getting drainage or river overflow? Is your parking spot here in a problematic zone or was it just a extremely heavy rainfall? Hope all is well - glad things are elevated!

I rarely even see small amounts of surface water there, so this is nowhere near normal! It was drainage overflow, mainy properties of collected water running downhill.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I found my NEC 40" a home on my desk. It's far too laggy for gaming, but I've found it ideal for my CAD work. It needs a little color calibration, but nothing that needs immediate attention.

I also was in need of a new keyboard. I know there are a ton of options out there, but I went with a Logitech G810. I've been using Logitech peripherals almost exclusively for at least 10 years now, and every time I've strayed, it's not been for long. My previous keyboard was a G710+ that I'd hammered on for quite a few years. If I have any complaint about the G810, it's that the RGB version of white. seems to have a bluish tint.

Last edited:

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
My car broke down, so spent half the day organising that and finding a way to fund it. Luckily I had already dropped my children off at school. Unluckily, I then had to walk to work. :/

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
1km, thankfully.

I am borrowing a car till mine is fixed, because while school to work is 1km, I live 5km from the school, and walking there at 6:30am doesn't sound ideal with two children in tow!

Reactions: Phuncz and Soul_Est

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
@EdZ, as a neighbor of a motorcyclist, I commend your effort to reduce friction with your neighbors. (Yes, I know I omitted the 'u's, but I'm American now and have to blend in to the "melting pot")

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
So.. after having been watching a bunny and a house for around 2/3 of last week I could finally start getting some stuff done to my desk setup, picked up a monitor stand I had ordered which I've so wanted to get, mainly so I can use the computer without hunching forward..:thumb:
44mm hole saw and a weak ass drill made me glad I had a porous tabletop, glad I actually got a clean result though! XD

Now I am contemplating how form fitting I want to make the deskmat to the monitor stand base as well as planning how I want to manage the cables.o_O

Also having an eye rest day... at least a minor one, would take a nice refreshing walk for them but... slush, ice and water with a bit of snow and a ton of road salt makes me say NOPE!
Makes me wish I lived way out in the woods again.. :confused:

Reactions: zovc and Soul_Est

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah. Every morning when I wake up there's a page 2 to go through and reading boards is pretty much the last thing I do at night. Nice to see so many people passionate about SFF.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Came back pissed from my stay over by another part of my immediate family. Having my other parent tell me to calm down or change my reaction just got me even more pissed. Took a nap. Currently working on my other designs, which I'll be posting on here starting next week.

Reactions: Ceros_X

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Went to visit the booth where they were showcasing the specced-out NFC S4 Mini in the IT show just now. Holy crap it's small and light o_o

Guy at the booth asked me to try playing DOOM on the PC that's been running since 9AM (was 8.30PM when I visited). To be honest I'm more interested in the PC than the game ,_,

Only had pics of the one case in the display shield. Too shy to take pics of the actual PC while the rest is playing ;_;

EDIT: DEUM, not Quake. pleh

Last edited:

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Finally got around to upgrading the horrible 45% sRGB panel in my P50 with a decent 72% panel that's also 50 nits brighter.

Also converted this Soviet CVC helmet from 1984 to work with Western electronics as a...unique headset.
No crappy tank intercom and throat mic for me! I used an Antlion ModMic and salvaged the drivers from a Sennheiser HD202.