GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I thought it was: "Once you go Brown, you never go BLACK."

Ahah, made my day !

On topic, today I sorted through old cables, old devices and whatnot, and found a lup (magnifying lens).

Suffice to say, I stopped whatever I was doing and went out to burn some holes on a pizza box.

Like any self respecting geek kid that I am.

I burnt / engraved so many things as a kid with my magnifiers.

Back on topic: Look at those little clackeys ! I could almost hear them clackeedee ! Would be boring in black

For those with a soul interested, here is the source: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9k8a57/a-gorgeous-guide-to-the-first-wave-of-personal-computers

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
You're german @Windfall ? That explains it.

On topic, today I sorted through old cables, old devices and whatnot, and found a lup (magnifying lens).

Suffice to say, I stopped whatever I was doing and went out to burn some holes on a pizza box.

Like any self respecting geek kid that I am.

My father was. I guess I got the attitude! :)

Hit the jackpot

3.2V throughout. Can't believe it.

Awesome, can't wait to see your project continue!

Reactions: Choidebu

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Currently writing this and the writeup, on battery. It's been 25 mins or so with a youtube video on autoplay in another tab. I started 23.5V-ish (on load, open circuit was fully charged at 24.2V), it's gone down to 21.5V. When 16V supposedly the dynamo will shutdown.

From calculation, it should last 3 hours or so on just web browsing and youtube.

It's 5AM here and I WANT TO SLEEP

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Currently writing this and the writeup, on battery. It's been 25 mins or so with a youtube video on autoplay in another tab. I started 23.5V-ish (on load, open circuit was fully charged at 24.2V), it's gone down to 21.5V. When 16V supposedly the dynamo will shutdown.

From calculation, it should last 3 hours or so on just web browsing and youtube.

It's 5AM here and I WANT TO SLEEP

That's better than my laptop, wow.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Not quite "today", but the past week has been dominated by getting rid of a lot of stuff - cleaning out our wardrobes, going through stuff we have in storage and getting rid of a lot of old stuff that has no use, and that led me to going through and reorganizing all my PC parts, tools and so on. Nowhere close to the biggest collection of electronics junk I've seen, but I still gathered a relatively large bag of electronics, cables and so on for recycling. Also got rid of a whole bunch of boxes - including what I believe is a box stemming from one of my Radeon 4850s. The stuff inside of the box wasn't much newer. All in all I went from something like two large storage boxes, a bunch of small ones, plus a heap of free-standing component boxes stuffed full of various parts to one large storage box + six small ones. And everything is sorted and labeled. The biggest relief might be no longer having two large boxes of this stuff in the shelving unit where the TV is hanging.

A snapshot about halfway through (though the junk bucket got a lot fuller than that).

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Skandinavian peeps, you know.. Even their junk is well organized. Their clutter is contained... Now you know why IKEA took over the world.

My room at its best doesn't look nearly that neat