What did you do today?

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
Brown is for gentlemen. I'll leave black fans for thee plebians.

I have a strict no-show policy on my hardware. I turn off all RGB lights, no plexi windows, etc. I let the performance speak over style. I don't want my machine to look like it's brand-bragging. I'm too grown for all that, but to each their own. :)

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I have a strict no-show policy on my hardware. I turn off all RGB lights, no plexi windows, etc. I let the performance speak over style. I don't want my machine to look like it's brand-bragging. I'm too grown for all that, but to each their own. :)

Then no need to get a fake Noctua. Get the real deal ! :p

Reactions: CottonTexas

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
So while I was feeling a bit nostalgic, in 90's grunge-mode, and debating with myself as to whether or not it was worth it to tear the labels off of my CK jeans, and paint any prospectively new Noctua fan black, I decided to hit up Noctua as I'd discovered that there was a kind of Twitter harassment campaign going on over the Chromax thing. Since I have no tweeter account, I decided instead to harras them the old fashioned way via e-mail, and this was the response I got this morning:

Greetings from Noctua!

Thank you very much for contacting us.

The NH-L9x65 is not planned to be released in a chromax version, however the NF-A9x14 PWM is (mid november 2019), so you can just use the black fan to make the NH-L9x65 black.

Kind regards,
Emanuel Fankhauser
Your Noctua Support-Team

On Sun, 3 Nov at 8:09 PM , Cotton <cotton.texas@mail.com> wrote:
Web-form "Contact Us"

Personal
Mr.
Cotton
Texas
United States
cotton.texas@mail.com

NH-L9x65 and NF-A9x14 in Chromax

I am very excited to see the best in PC cooling accessories have been released in Chromax finish, and I would like to inquire about the availability of the NH-L9x65 and NF-A9x14 in Chromax. If these are not yet available, then please allow me to ask when these might become available, as I would be very eager to buy. Thank you, and keep up the outstanding work! Sincerely, Cotton Texas

Yes, even their letter font is brown (fan-bois eat your heart out) ? Sounds like good news to me though - just a couple of more weeks!

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Here's how I imagine @GuilleAcoustic , @Windfall and all you shades of cream, off white and broken white beigeoisie looking at the rest of us..

*if it's not clear already I'm just trying to increase my post count by gif spamming*

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Come my fellow plebs! Let's raise a revolution against these Beigeois!

fRaternité, éGalité, liBerté!

#BlackFansMatter

Looks like somebody is discriminating by color! :mad:

Here's how I imagine @GuilleAcoustic , @Windfall and all you shades of cream, off white and broken white beigeoisie looking at the rest of us..

*if it's not clear already I'm just trying to increase my post count by gif spamming*
Yeah, I do it by responding with "nice" to every post I see. It's quite effective!

• Angry
Reactions: Choidebu

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
You're german @Windfall ? That explains it.

On topic, today I sorted through old cables, old devices and whatnot, and found a lup (magnifying lens).

Suffice to say, I stopped whatever I was doing and went out to burn some holes on a pizza box.

Like any self respecting geek kid that I am.

Reactions: ignsvn and rfarmer