What did you do today?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I forgot to mention that the other day I grazed over some of the pins on my 2011 socket with my thumb. Time stopped and my life flashed before my eyes. It made the same sound as when you run your hand across like, the cage of a rotating floor fan or something.

Tonight, on the same motherboard, I had to file away some of the metal around one of the USB 3.0 ports. I don't know what the hell the previous owner did, but one of the little prongs that wraps underneath inside the port was pulled out and broken off.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Over the past few days, stuff has happened!

It's cookies and cram for me since finals is approaching in a few weeks and math will be a doom cannon to my grade. The grind is real, but I actually understand some things now.

On the other hand, my parents did get me an early Christmas present in the form of a Moto E5. It's nice to see how 4 generations has improved a phone so much in some aspects yet so little in others. (still plastic construction, but that's OK)

I didn't get a G6 because the glass back is apparently really anemic, and yet a E5 appeared at my door :D.

Expect severe Imgurfication soon.

Went out with a few friends for some high-intellect bread and tea (yes, we have tea shops around here). It was great, especially some of the cinnamon bread I had :D (bribe me with cinnamon and brown sugar anything)

I think my eyes have been f***ed after using my phone for about an hour in the dark. Still recovering from tired-feeling eyes today. Might need new glasses :,(

Reactions: Biowarejak

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017
Yesterday, I reinstalled Windows 10 (1809) for X1 Carbon 2013 I bought a year ago and I gave it to my sister-in-law.
And then installed drivers|Classic Shell|Office 2016|Firefox (+uBlock Origin), removed bloats, and disable updates.
I almost broke that laptop screen after a month usage and stop using that laptop since a month ago. Weirdly, the screen mark on bottom-right has almost vanished on yesterday, unnoticeable.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
So this evening I had a short meme battle/discussion/share your projects thing with @el01 on Discord. (If anyone wants to join, let me know!) Now I need sleep....

ZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZzzzz.....

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Lemme disturb your sleep XD

See Windfall's post.

Otherwise, average day. Homework. Sleep. Physics. No entropy in classroom today.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Yesterday, I reinstalled Windows 10 (1809) for X1 Carbon 2013 I bought a year ago and I gave it to my sister-in-law.
And then installed drivers|Classic Shell|Office 2016|Firefox (+uBlock Origin), removed bloats, and disable updates.
I almost broke that laptop screen after a month usage and stop using that laptop since a month ago. Weirdly, the screen mark on bottom-right has almost vanished on yesterday, unnoticeable.
Do you have to do insider's preview to get 1809? I've been dying to try out explorer's new dark theme.

Reactions: el01

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Do you have to do insider's preview to get 1809? I've been dying to try out explorer's new dark theme.

It was available in Oct if you used the Download Assistant but Microsoft halted it because of issues with the build deleting some users files. This is all supposed to be fixed now, I know I received a couple big updates in the last couple of days.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Does anyone know how to get i3 to play well with Manjaro KDE?

There doesn't seem to be a ~/.config/kde-workspace on said distro.

I have spent about 1 hour trying to figure out how to get tiling on KDE.

Otherwise, today was fine. Kids at school where I work were taking finals, so my coworkers and I sat around cable managing CAT6 wires.

Reactions: Soul_Est

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I've decided it's time to forge my own path as content creator. Whilst I'm still a SFF nut, there are other areas I want to push my skillset and enthusiasm - servers, photog, etc. All of this in video. Expect an announce of sorts in the nearish future.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@GuilleAcoustic

Here are 2 more apples that I saw today that I did not notice before. French and Italian.
First time I see Italian apples. So, I bought a bag and see how they taste.

Reactions: el01