What did you do today?

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Beginning of Winter Break for me! YEEET!

Started playing World of Tanks again. The Christmas event has a bunch of experienced players grinding through new countries, so games suck in general (because aggression is awarded). Managed to grind through 2 tiers, though.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Gonna give Manjaro a whirl later today, mostly since I'll transition to Linux as I upgrade my CPU to a Ryzen 2200G and Windows 7 isn't gonna play well with that. Anyone know how good is Manjaro's compatibility with wireless adapters for online connections? I plan to tether over a hotspot.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I sanded the Corsair logo off of my H55 pump top. Note the narrow ILM bracket. Note the fan. Note that nothing is put together because my case hasn't arrived yet. Monday should be the day.

Reactions: Nanook and Phuncz

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
I have all the parts for my build now, my graphics card arrived yesterday. (I had it on order since mid november), I just have to finish designing and build the case now

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Went to a bike ride to the pool with wife and daughter this afternoon. Then after an early dinner, found one of our bikes' lock broken, not vandalised, but just the key wouldn't unlock it anymore. It's been rusting and rattled but I didn't think it was this bad.

Luckily it wasn't far from home so I grabbed some pliers and went back, while searching for photos or videos of me with the bike for evidence that it is indeed my bike, in case the authorities finds me cutting my bike lock on the side of the road.

It was thrilling having to wriggle and wrestle with it while passersby casted dirty looks on me.

Edit:
Oh and my #6-32 allen screw came! But the head is too big it won't flush with my side panel...

Last edited:
Reactions: AleksandarK

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Continued plans for world domination.. I mean.. life after SFFn. Sffworkshop coming soon to YouTube. SFF tech, server stuff, gaming, irl stuff, all on a comfortable schedule. Shhhhhh.

Enjoyed Christmas Eve. Happy holidays, merry christmas, or whatever wish of good will works with your religion/world view/ politically correct mindset.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
After dealing with a seven month long bout of depression secondary to a malicious and falsified professional accusation made against me last June I finally started system building again today. Felt good :)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Well it's the time of the year again..

December has been busy, and I'm currently down with flu. The construction work nearby my place doesn't help. Dust is everywhere. My mousepad became an epic victim. Will post picture later darn funny.

Having said that, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a happy holiday!

Reactions: tinyitx

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I'M ALIVE.

My word, this semester was brutal. Next will be worse, and then past that too. All A's, save for Precal. I passed that at least. The happy news? Turns out most of the 167 credit hours of my bachelor's is actually repeated credits. So it's like 60 some odd hours. Nice.

Yesterday I nuked my Windows 10 install from orbit. Total format. Installed it on a 32 gig partition so that I can always go nuke it when things act up, keep the files and programs on the rest. The clutter was part of why I disappeared for awhile, I'll have a reinforced presence here soon.

The other thing is my motorcycle. Just another project that's eating my time and budget. Will be on hold so that I can publish the FreeCad tutorials before the 16th, because my resolution last year was to get that done. More or less planning on acquiring tools to manufacture Radian also. Good things are coming.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'm alive, well, apathetic (since I can't be bothered to do anything useful other than sleep and play video games). San Diego was nice, sunny. Not much that was too exciting.

@Biowarejak

You really crank those likes out, don't you?