So you're on the same plane as me :D

But then you could argue that:
  • Math is simply applied logic
  • Logic is simply applied philosophy
  • Philosophy is simply applied intense thought
  • Intense thought is simply applied active brain usage
  • Active rain usage is simply application of being bored
  • Being bored is an application of having nothing to do
  • Having nothing to do comes from settling down in towns (and also sociology so get rekted)
  • Settling down in towns comes from making tools
  • Making tools comes from humans banging rocks together
  • Humans banging rocks together comes from chance
  • Chance comes from (to an extent) entropy and genetics
  • Entropy comes from the universe! (see below)
  • Genetics comes from animals
  • Animals come from bacteria
  • Bacteria come from random crap in the ocean
  • The ocean (and its random crap) come from the formation of Earth
  • The formation of Earth comes from the Big Bang
  • The Big Bang is from the universe!
  • The universe was something before anything, which can be defined as uncertainty
  • But then, you could argue that Stallman was motivated by uncertainty (or Ambrose Bierce quote in signature), and so...
  • Computer science is indirectly more "pure" than math.

Today was fun. Cursed at LaTeX for 2 hours until I realized that I accidentally didn't mark a % sign properly.

Can't wait to do this for the rest of the year. ;)

So you're on the same plane as me :D

But then you could argue that:
  • Math is simply applied logic
  • Logic is simply applied philosophy
  • Philosophy is simply applied intense thought
  • Intense thought is simply applied active brain usage
  • Active rain usage is simply application of being bored
  • Being bored is an application of having nothing to do
  • Having nothing to do comes from settling down in towns (and also sociology so get rekted)
  • Settling down in towns comes from making tools
  • Making tools comes from humans banging rocks together
  • Humans banging rocks together comes from chance
  • Chance comes from (to an extent) entropy and genetics
  • Entropy comes from the universe! (see below)
  • Genetics comes from animals
  • Animals come from bacteria
  • Bacteria come from random crap in the ocean
  • The ocean (and its random crap) come from the formation of Earth
  • The formation of Earth comes from the Big Bang
  • The Big Bang is from the universe!
  • The universe was something before anything, which can be defined as uncertainty
  • But then, you could argue that Stallman was motivated by uncertainty (or Ambrose Bierce quote in signature), and so...
  • Computer science is indirectly more "pure" than math.

Today was fun. Cursed at LaTeX for 2 hours until I realized that I accidentally didn't mark a % sign properly.

Can't wait to do this for the rest of the year. ;)

But list-making is just applied computer science (If you typed it).... ;)

Reactions: Soul_Est and el01

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I spilled water over my computer as I was going to sleep. flipped over a cup that was on my desk by accident.
I ran to shut the system down and luckily nothing happened so I dried the outside and opened the case to peek inside: There was a drop hanging over between my ram sticks LOL and another drop on the mobo but over some text.

boy I had nightmares this night, hahaha
I left the case open overnight and today I had only to settle the ram sticks again (because I had removed them to dry) and everything works fine.
almost a horror story it was

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
6.6GB of chrome tabs, untextured 3D model editing, OBS 1920x2160p30 screencap

apparently system could take it o_o but need to figure out how to bump up the bitrate on OBS because that thing's outputting like 0.5 mbps (not that the thing I do would benefit from a higher bitrate since it's mostly gray)

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
6.6GB of chrome tabs, untextured 3D model editing, OBS 1920x2160p30 screencap

apparently system could take it o_o but need to figure out how to bump up the bitrate on OBS because that thing's outputting like 0.5 mbps (not that the thing I do would benefit from a higher bitrate since it's mostly gray)

six point six gigabytes......

I put 64GB of RAM inside my thinkpad just for chrome, since I'm consuming about 20-ish on chrome, and I like 32 for Inventor. and then what other programs I'm running in the background.

#nevercloseanytabsmasterrace

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
six point six gigabytes......

I put 64GB of RAM inside my thinkpad just for chrome, since I'm consuming about 20-ish on chrome, and I like 32 for Inventor. and then what other programs I'm running in the background.

#nevercloseanytabsmasterrace
what thinkpad are you using?
#thinkproductsmasterrace

Since I'm a minimalist and prefer to have as few things open as necessary (habit from old laptop), I get frustrated when more than 10 tabs are open and more than 2 windows are open. Chrome uses ~1GB of RAM on my machine due to my extension load.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
what thinkpad are you using?
#thinkproductsmasterrace

Since I'm a minimalist and prefer to have as few things open as necessary (habit from old laptop), I get frustrated when more than 10 tabs are open and more than 2 windows are open. Chrome uses ~1GB of RAM on my machine due to my extension load.

P51. Technically not mine, but my boss said, "You pay for the RAM upgrade, I'm cool with it!" So I pulled the old stuff.

Also, I found a REAL computer:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

Cleaning. Pay no mind to that random NF-A9.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Nice R9-Nano, I'm temped to get one. I don't mind it having "only" 4GB as I won't be playing AAA.

What did I do today:

Got a "no" but maybe "yes" from the company I've had 6 interviews at. They waited for the very last interview to tell me that they are not interested in what I applied for.

The hypothetical "yes" is on my weakest tech knowledge:
  • if they can find me a suitable mission
  • if I actually go through the mission interviews at the clients
Declined the "offer" as it was conditioned by to many IFs and because they lied/omitted the fact that the interviews were not conducted toward what I thought (and they asked me what I wanted to do at EACH interviews).

Better skip that rats nest...

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Nice R9-Nano, I'm temped to get one. I don't mind it having "only" 4GB as I won't be playing AAA.

What did I do today:

Got a "no" but maybe "yes" from the company I've had 6 interviews at. They waited for the very last interview to tell me that they are not interested in what I applied for.

The hypothetical "yes" is on my weakest tech knowledge:
  • if they can find me a suitable mission
  • if I actually go through the mission interviews at the clients
Declined the "offer" as it was conditioned by to many IFs and because they lied/omitted the fact that the interviews were not conducted toward what I thought (and they asked me what I wanted to do at EACH interviews).

Better skip that rats nest...

That's wrong. They should have been more clear up front. Then again, if the company does that, I wouldn't want to work for them.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Meanwhile in my happy world...

Homework rush this week before a "dead" week in which no homework is assigned and nothing is taught, then finals week, then glorious break!

yeeeeaaaaaaaah!

Sadly, I haven't been able to design very much since after I'm done with my homework on weekends I usually default to either:
  • Sleep
  • YouTube
  • Initial D
Almost done with first season. Excuse my apathy for SFF.

Reactions: Biowarejak

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Today I finally finished the last bit of the last episode of Initial D: First Stage.

Now I'm addicted.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I probably just did the most absurd thing ever. I just ordered a 500 piece assorteid set of screws because I needed one M.2 screw.

I did the same recently. Then I realised how handy having such things around was when I built a system with matching screws. Made me feel much better.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I, on the other hand, ravage everything for spare parts (is ravage the right word lmao)?

Now I have an unsorted load of random screws, most of which are smaller than M3 (Philips Size 0), a bunch of random plastics and metal components, and (for some reason) a CD drive's motor.

Tomorrow I actually might have time to work on cases!

YAAAY!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
I save all fasteners, at some point I must get round to actually sorting them. Currently sitting in (a lot of) plastic bags.
Saying that, I save most stuff, not sure if I will ever use half of it again. Not quite a hoarder yet, I think.

to the editor . . . the dots have a meaning . . cough ;):p . .and you have to read it backwards . . . I'll get my coat

Last edited:
Reactions: el01 and owliwar