What did you do today?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Tore #77 apart, found heat-warped tubing from the one time I ran it passively and the tube extricated itself from the fitting. Put the stock heatsink on the CPU and installed my air cooled 750ti, running it off an atx power supply from before I knew better. About a day of uptime like this has it running stabley except for a hard freeze in Destiny 2 which is probably memory related.

Using the 160watt brick and KMPKT Dynamo Mini results in that same odd instant-on behavior so I might need to replace one or both of those. Not sure about the watercooled 750ti being dead, but not having output was pretty damning. We'll see.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
yoy, that's like one of the things i fear about watercooling O_O (and yet I'm already planning one ,_,)
Doesn't happen often :) just make sure your loop stays at a reasonable temperature and that your fittings are secured. Water does expand as it warms so not having a reservoir is no bueno for passively running off a dual 50mm radiator.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
its october revolution time :D

Is hiding behind a screen name impersonal for a cancerous poster like me? I might add my real name, but time will tell.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Is hiding behind a screen name impersonal for a cancerous poster like me? I might add my real name, but time will tell.
eh, I'd be cautious about releasing my full name, in case when people decides to associate my person with my entire past (which I'd like to have selective agreements on some of the things I've posted)

go take your break from teh internetz, it did wonders for me the last time I needed one

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Wish you the best, buddy!

And you brought your PC with you???:)

Good luck man! Heal well!

Well, after a journey thru a giant Toshiba donut (CAT scanner) it was confirmed that I had appendicitis. 3:00 yesterday removal was successfully completed, and I was released today. Luckily enough, the CAT scanner didn't find any cats. Thanks for the support, and I should be back to normal in a few weeks!

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well, after a journey thru a giant Toshiba donut (CAT scanner) it was confirmed that I had appendicitis. 3:00 yesterday removal was successfully completed, and I was released today. Luckily enough, the CAT scanner didn't find any cats. Thanks for the support, and I should be back to normal in a few weeks!

Haha good to hear!

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
- Bought (used) GPU off ebay (1070 aero itx)
- Swap this GPU into current build
- No post
- Swap old GPU back
- No post
- Remove GPUs and try (intel) onboard display
- No post
- Spend all day troubleshooting. No dice, but I have raw and cut hands now.
- Bring computer to microcenter. Paid them to troubleshoot it as I ran out of patience and don't have spare mobos, PSUs, etc to continue the journey

I'll hear back in a couple days. Figures crossed. Worst case scenario: nothing is salvageable and now I have another excuse to start a new build :D

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Just being partially honest. Had to unwatch most threads since he showed up, can't deal with all the (pointless) notifs. Pretty sure he's one great guy IRL, but when you have kids at home you don't want to get near another one online...

Reactions: el01

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Just being partially honest. Had to unwatch most threads since he showed up, can't deal with all the (pointless) notifs. Pretty sure he's one great guy IRL, but when you have kids at home you don't want to get near another one online...
FYI you can "ignore" users :) declutters threads and notifs very easily. I won't name names but there's a few that really made my list and so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

I understand your sentiments and I've had my own frustrations in this case, but the level of actual engagement has been pretty strong in my opinion and non-derisive to boot so I'm less than bothered. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: el01 and Phuncz