What did you do today?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well, my landlord burst a head gasket when he saw the motherboard and hard drive I bought in China, screaming about how all DIY pc products are unsafe and how Macs are the only safe computers.

Also, my laptop SHOULD ship tonight if Lenovo's warehouse workers give a damn and decide to update OVP.

Finally, typing on the LG keyboard suuuucks. When I delete words, it adds in ones I've previously used randomly. Will install gboard tomorrow.
Who hurt your landlord? I'm guessing their own inexperience. Seriously, the things people get mad about... I'd be more bothered by a string of old Christmas lights lol. XD

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Sold the old z77 + 3770 + 8GB and bought b85 + Xeon 1231v3 + 16GB for the same money.
The new board finally has proper fan control as well as vcore adjustment options, and seems like the Xeon does 3,8Ghz at <0,95v!
Money well spent.

So today I did this thing where I sold the Xeon setup and purchased a brand new i5 8400 + H310 + 8GB combo for extra 10€. 8GB is more than enough but I will find a way to translate that to 16GB for no extra cost, just for fun

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
better progress today than past two days. left with making sense (in the making a sense to making sense making sense) for the video.
(note to self: making an outline (even if it's not a story) will help ,_,)

Also: is either of these easy to read? o_o

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Well, my landlord burst a head gasket when he saw the motherboard and hard drive I bought in China, screaming about how all DIY pc products are unsafe and how Macs are the only safe computers.

Also, my laptop SHOULD ship tonight if Lenovo's warehouse workers give a damn and decide to update OVP.

Finally, typing on the LG keyboard suuuucks. When I delete words, it adds in ones I've previously used randomly. Will install gboard tomorrow.
Remind me not to rent from your landlord. They could just have a discussion with instead of raisong their blood pressure but I digress. I guess you could teach them if they're open to being taught and not dismissive, lazy, or impatient like my parents.

Who hurt your landlord? I'm guessing their own inexperience. Seriously, the things people get mad about... I'd be more bothered by a string of old Christmas lights lol. XD
Agreed.

Sulked in dismay, for my Amazon packages were delayed! Again!
I'm sorry to read that. On the bright side, they have not appeared into the Ether.

better progress today than past two days. left with making sense (in the making a sense to making sense making sense) for the video.
(note to self: making an outline (even if it's not a story) will help ,_,)

Also: is either of these easy to read? o_o

They are easy to read. The rear panels look incomplete though.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Yeah the rear panel I found out a few days after I started the AE file for it ,_, on one hand I wasn't watercooling and there isn't going to be dimension labels there and it's something I'll leave to the product page to show

on the other hand it does doesn't look like that ,_, changing it is a pain at this point... (it's part of a shape layer group that I can selectively hide, and copypasting the correct one would means needing to re-move that layer over many multiple clips ,_,)

I'm still doing the writeup afterwards, so I'd have to measure the panel in-situ by then ,_,

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Yeah the rear panel I found out a few days after I started the AE file for it ,_, on one hand I wasn't watercooling and there isn't going to be dimension labels there and it's something I'll leave to the product page to show

on the other hand it does doesn't look like that ,_, changing it is a pain at this point... (it's part of a shape layer group that I can selectively hide, and copypasting the correct one would means needing to re-move that layer over many multiple clips ,_,)

I'm still doing the writeup afterwards, so I'd have to measure the panel in-situ by then ,_,
Ouch. At least most everything is good to go with it.

That's what I've been doing for roughly a month with my laotop... I haven't checked OVP today yet...
Ouchies. I feel your pain as I'm still waiting for my OLKB order. Orders start shipping 2018/07/09 from a one person op. I am currently at 299.

Didn't get the promotion (well, side-motion) I'd put in for at work [insert sad tombone], but got the concreting finished so I can start to turn the shed into a properly SFF motorcycle workshop.
Looking at the next John Britten right here!

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
It was at the AMD event, quiet little booth at the back. There were also a couple of singularity computer spectre build's with full hardline, and one had a dope tr4 block
The Gaming Garage sponsored by AMD. Damn those would be nice to see. I was looking to go but after seeing how the board of the CNE handled negotiations, I'm not sure that I wish to go anymore.

Worked a couple hours at my second IT job. Came home, ate, and then left with a friend for a BBQ fundraiser. Met more friends and hung out for hours. Left with the same friend that I went with and hung out for a while more before they left. Currently trying to design, not engineer, a case for Full Circle.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
The Gaming Garage sponsored by AMD. Damn those would be nice to see. I was looking to go but after seeing how the board of the CNE handled negotiations, I'm not sure that I wish to go anymore.

Worked a couple hours at my second IT job. Came home, ate, and then left with a friend for a BBQ fundraiser. Met more friends and hung out for hours. Left with the same friend that I went with and hung out for a while more before they left. Currently trying to design, not engineer, a case for Full Circle.
Yeah, it was really interesting to see. I unfortunately only had about ten minutes to see it on my way to medieval times

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Went to the CNE in Toronto today, had no idea my favourite scratch build was hanging out at the sapphire booth! @Josh | NFC never thought I'd see it in person, absolutely lived up to expectations

https://photos.app.******/Yx7C6Z4UNpWum1u4A

Hahaha, awesome, and thanks for the compliment. I do appreciate it. :)

You should have fixed those PCIE cables while you were there...they travel with the GPU separate and they don't tidy them up after they set up which grinds my gears. It's my fault for not designing it differently...but it's an older mod...live and learn.

Peace

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Ouch. At least most everything is good to go with it.

Ouchies. I feel your pain as I'm still waiting for my OLKB order. Orders start shipping 2018/07/09 from a one person op. I am currently at 299.

Looking at the next John Britten right here!
REET it's SHIPPED and... s***,waiting in Chinese Customs? Wonder if it'll meet up with the power bank Chinese Customs confiscated from me...

I'm also typing with the comfort of Gboard now. Yaaaay!

I'll also start work on a custom case that won't be complete s*** (like almost all of my previous designs) once I get my laptop. Hopefully it gets more than 100 views (unlike the PCC test bench lol). Anyone have ideas for titles of dubious clickbaitness?;)

Finally, is my Avatar tacky? I was looking at the logo of Lone a few days ago and now mine feels so tacky... Also I feel like the single e is tacky compared to everything (including the IBM logo). First world problems, but I'll let y'all tell me about it.

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Hahaha, awesome, and thanks for the compliment. I do appreciate it. :)

You should have fixed those PCIE cables while you were there...they travel with the GPU separate and they don't tidy them up after they set up which grinds my gears. It's my fault for not designing it differently...but it's an older mod...live and learn.

Peace
I'm going there today. Would you like me to pass along your recommendations?

Reactions: Biowarejak