What did you do today?

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
Yeah, Fisher pen are the ultimate pen. Had the same one for years until it dropped out of existence some weeks back...
Can confirm about the ball up on the tip. I use it daily in a tropical country year round, the tip would just randomly gunk up on some days

That's nothing. Once I ordered a 45cm Mitutoyo metal ruler and it came in a 1m long cardboard box. It was absurd.

They probably round up 45cm to 1m... on all dimension lol

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Got caught in the rain while riding. Getting somewhat lost and dealing with flash flooding was a challenge, but bearable. Fortunately my folks lived nearby (set out from my place) and was able to dry off before heading out again

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
@owliwar
Happy belated! I do hope you enjoyed it fully.

Today was a long one. New print stations installed. Murphy's Law. The one print station that has duplex printing issues is the one that users who need duplex printing are printing in duplex to. Cue helping out/baby-sitting the installation technicians who did their level best to figure out the issue and put in a service request for a repair technician to come tomorrow and fix the issue. I then informed the director, team leads, and users who used duplex printing of the situation and what to do until the matter is resolved. Kind of bummed out that I passed on the opportunity to buy a Ryzen 7 2700X for $35 off list price. I could not bare to get one now and end up with a bum unit once I test on a motherboard in September (I hope sooner).

Last edited:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Today I had another chill day. I definitely have a cold or something (must be the hella cold air conditioning or something in the airports), but otherwise, I watched some YouTube, did some Python work, went out for a drive in my car, and had a 3 hour nap. School starts in two weeks, so I have some time on my hands :D Also, I checked shipping on my ThinkPad, the progress bar showed some movement... Hopefully it gets delivered fast.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Today I had another chill day. I definitely have a cold or something (must be the hella cold air conditioning or something in the airports), but otherwise, I watched some YouTube, did some Python work, went out for a drive in my car, and had a 3 hour nap. School starts in two weeks, so I have some time on my hands :D Also, I checked shipping on my ThinkPad, the progress bar showed some movement... Hopefully it gets delivered fast.
Actually it's more likely to be from being in proximity to so many people :) though the air conditioning might have contributed by suppressing an immune response.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Completely off-topic.

Today I was mucking around with some work buddies in some down-time, we were talking complete rubbish about something gross, and I pretended to gag and make vomiting/burping/dry-retch sounds. I can do it really well and it's really convincing. True story. Anyway it was so convincing that I bought out the sympathy-spewer in 2 of my co-workers, at which point they hastily exited the building and hurled in the garden outside. The rest of us nearly shat ourselves laughing.

Oh and I also bought my CPU for my S4M build :)

Carry on!

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Today I tinkered with a LGA775 Dell Optiplex, realized the cooler was proprietary, tinkered with my Kepler Tesla (wheee GTX480-esque heat time), broke the shroud (the mounting points) on the Tesla card, added moar RAM to my AM2 motherboard that I don't use, and thought about making paper shrouds for my ITX H81 board for fun, but realized I didn't have paper in the right colors.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Today was much better than yesterday. The printer problem was solved and every support call was simple. Hung out with a friend I haven't seen in a long time which was just what both of us needed. Still working on planning and purchasing for Full Circle which I explained in the thread.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'll be taking a hiatus from SFF forum for a week and then ther will be school+work so yeah. Sorry if my typing is crap, I'm on a phone. Today I did review od all my school subjects and then had dinner with my dad. My Thinkpad STILL hasn't shipped, although the Order Visibility Portal progress bar has been loading....

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
This little critter showed up today, it's a custom Coffee Lake lid from some polish guys on eBay.
When compared to RockitCool's lid this one purports 20% more surface coverage / heat dissipation, RockitCool's being 15%.
I'm gonna buy RockitCool's lid and kit anyway for another chip. It's a weighty little bugger but very well finished :)

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Work
Work was again slow today. Received some "new" computers for testing for deployment into harsher environments where they will see occasional use each day (we're a transport company). They are HP ProDesk 400 G3 Minis. I was not aware of how small they are until I beheld one. I cannot wait for the Ryzen variant to fall in price soon enough.

Finished the first draft my instructions for one of the projects that my team is implementing and invited criticism on it. Explained my reasoning on the ideas behind the document. Got some rather level-headed responses which I responded to in person. I do need to discuss it further with the person who had pushed back a bit and see if we can find a way of making it work for our colleagues while keeping our current network in mind. Some sites have very poor connections indeed.

Play
Currently looking over an auction for a used RX 570 Pulse ITX that I have a bid on. I put the maximum bid too high ($150.00 USD), but the end result including shipping and the 17.6% ( :eek: ! ) import fees will still having me paying less than if I got the card via Amazon (excluding the 13% sales tax). Crazy, right? still awaiting the PCB and EOTW plates for my Planck Rev. 6. Currently in queue at no. 324. I can get by on my Anne Pro for now.

Last edited: