Production Ultra Slim Fans, Capacitive Touch Buttons for PCs

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I would be greatly interested! Just a few days ago I did some research on how to do it with an arduino. But a ready to use product would be a great alternative!
What makes you think, that the USB-Header won't be able to deliver enough power for a blue or white LED? Don't USB devices usually consume a lot more power?

The USB header can provide enough power to a white LED. I was originally concerned about making the LED only turn on when the button is activated but then realized it's not that bad to implement.

Qualla

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 14, 2018
So you mentioned the price of ~10$.
How big will the switch be in total, 20x20mm? Do you already know, when it will be available?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
So you mentioned the price of ~10$.
How big will the switch be in total, 20x20mm? Do you already know, when it will be available?

I don't have exact dimensions or availability information yet, sorry. It'll be smaller than 20mm x 20 mm though, more like 10 x 15 or 15 x 15.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
If there are any reasonably priced Piezo switches that work with PCs, I would definitely be interested in seeing them.
Something like this for 6$?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ELE...lgo_pvid=c2868893-95d6-4e49-96a3-ba17576def5c

Reactions: Kiborato

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
The next step in this project is going to be comparing some of the cheaper Piezo buttons with capacitive buttons.

Reactions: BaK

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Just added a section in the original post to include information about some recently made slim 80 mm fans. These will be available for purchase individually and in bulk soon.

Reactions: Saici

richi-123

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2018
Normalmente solo veo pero no comento nada, las fuentes de la PC tienen 5vsb que funcionan incluso con la PC apagada, si pones un molex 20 atx, podría usarse y usarse en todas las PC, y uso el traductor goolge, saludos de Argentina ??

richi-123

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2018
I thought it was going to be published in English but the browser published it in Spanish and I don't know how to change the comment, sorry ?