Enclosure Thermaltake Core G3: a 24L ATX case with SFX mount

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The inverted layout works better for my desk, since it makes sense for my PC to be on my left. I have a Cintiq to my right for sketching.

Looking at the case, Thermaltake could have used a regular layout. I can't think of why they couldn't have done so.

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Very true, this case is inverted...why not invert your desktop too?
The way my small office is set up, the desk ends to my left around 30cm away from my keyboard, and my desk extends to the right around 1.5m to the corner of the room and currently hosts a small workbench, an MFC printer and my current tower. Normal case layout just makes sense I am afraid.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I've just realized that Fractal Design has not just released Meshify C with tempered glass panel, but also Define C (and mini C) with TG..:)

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-c-tg
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352070

My bet is that one of the best ATX case, especially to wait for Cerberus-X..:D

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I've just realized that Fractal Design has not just released Meshify C with tempered glass panel, but also Define C (and mini C) with TG..:)

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-c-tg
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352070

My bet is that one of the best ATX case, especially to wait for Cerberus-X..:D
I actually ordered the Meshify C to try it out. I decided that I prioritize airflow over silence - back when I had a Nano S build, I didn't use the top moduvent, and had installed the maximum number of rads and fans available. I also like the tinted TG. Only problem is that I will have to rearrange my desk to accommodate an ATX case.
I have a problem - I tend to go back and forth with case sizes. I'm never satisfied with size vs noise vs temperatures be arsthetics.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Meshify c is gorgeous i have to admit..:)
Please keep me informed as soon as you complete a build..:)

I see what you mean about case choice...but i guess i found my balance with cerberus-x..:)
My advice is to make 2 loops / cooling.

Either, watercooled cpu and aircooled gpu
Either, watercooled loop #1 on cpu and watercooled loop #2 on gpu...make sure gpu hot air is exhausted of case asap..:)
Swiftech mcr 140 could be useful..:) or ekwb predator 140..:)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Meshify c is gorgeous i have to admit..:)
Please keep me informed as soon as you complete a build..:)

I see what you mean about case choice...but i guess i found my balance with cerberus-x..:)
My advice is to make 2 loops / cooling.

Either, watercooled cpu and aircooled gpu
Either, watercooled loop #1 on cpu and watercooled loop #2 on gpu...make sure gpu hot air is exhausted of case asap..:)
Swiftech mcr 140 could be useful..:) or ekwb predator 140..:)

Two loops would be cool to try. I'll probably stick to single loop first (I only have one D5 pump). I plan to use a 360 and a 240 radiator so that should be plenty of heat transfer.

I'll start a separate thread once I start building.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Ok cool..:)
Just received the case. I'm actually not sure where to put a Meshify C build post on these forums. It's technically a 40L case. Its compact for an ATX, but nothing SFF about it.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Simply post it on build log..:)

You know for atx case, 40l is still compact, especially if you go full watercooling inside it..:)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Simply post it on build log..:)

You know for atx case, 40l is still compact, especially if you go full watercooling inside it..:)
I can't do it. I just can't.
So last night I finally had a chance to sit down and prep the Meshify case to transplant my components from the G3. The Meshify C is sooooo much larger than the G3. Way too inefficient space-wise. In fact I'm thinking to either move the components back to my M1, or design a shorter version of the G3 case, and 3D print a prototype... I think I can cut out at least 40mm from the height of the G3.

Reactions: Phuncz

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ahah i understand...meshify is almost double volume of your g3..:)

Keep us informed..:)

Ps : are you spending more time building pc instead of using it?..:)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Here are some side by side pictures. The height are almost identical. Depth is slightly more on the Meshify. Width is only 55% more, but really feels like it's twice as wide :)

Reactions: TheHig and Phuncz

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Nice build!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with your G3. I too think the case has potential but want to see it flipped to 'normal' orientation. My pc is on the right of my monitor so my preference. Really tempted to try it especially after seeing the side by side pics vs the Fractal. Also waiting for CerbX so this is an affordable case to mess with for a while.

This place is full of way to many temptations! ;)

Reactions: Nanook

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Minor request to owners of this case, please - could I get a measurement of the exact width of the case if laid horizontally, without the feet? I have 17.5" width available in my AV rack.

Thanks much!