Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow 130mm Tower Cooler

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
All I had was google translate to work with, but it looks like they fixed the soldering issue? It looks like he got a 5c lower temps going from the Old Graphene version to the New Regular version, so it has to be the solder right?
The comparison was between the Old Graphene and the New Plus (not Regular) version.
It is not clear how to account for the 5C improvement. 1C came from his using of a better thermal paste. This I know.
The soldering that he mentioned in his post seems to refer to the soldering between the copper heatpipes and the copper base. He did not say anything about the soldering between the heatpipes and the fins.
The product page in Taobao, states its cnc machined copper base with Nickel electroplating technology and soldered heatpipes.

Lastly, if the New version (regular, plus and graphene) does not include a pair of universal fan clips, they can be bought here (see post #36)

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
The comparison was between the Old Graphene and the New Plus (not Regular) version.
It is not clear how to account for the 5C improvement. 1C came from his using of a better thermal paste. This I know.
The soldering that he mentioned in his post seems to refer to the soldering between the copper heatpipes and the copper base. He did not say anything about the soldering between the heatpipes and the fins.
The product page in Taobao, states its cnc machined copper base with Nickel electroplating technology and soldered heatpipes.

Lastly, if the New version (regular, plus and graphene) does not include a pair of universal fan clips, they can be bought here (see post #36)

Interesting, what's the difference between the Regular and the Plus? I assume the Graphene version is based off the Plus since it's supposed to be more premium?

I wonder if Thermalright eventually plans to solder the fins to the pipes, or if I should just cop one now.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Interesting, what's the difference between the Regular and the Plus? I assume the Graphene version is based off the Plus since it's supposed to be more premium?

I wonder if Thermalright eventually plans to solder the fins to the pipes, or if I should just cop one now.
IIRC, the Regular and the Plus are the same except nickel electroplating of the fins. The fins of the Plus all received Ni electroplating while only the first (ie top) fin of the Regular has such treatment.

I am not sure about the Graphene one. I have read conflicting reports. And there are not many reviews/reports either. Just not enough data to form a consensus.

D

Deleted member 3671

"Silver Arrow 130 is on the way to the USA. USA distributor just orders it last week.
So it should arrive in the USA sooner."

From an email exchange direct with Thermalright 7/3/2019. Hold out lads, it's almost here.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
"Silver Arrow 130 is on the way to the USA. USA distributor just orders it last week.
So it should arrive in the USA sooner."

From an email exchange direct with Thermalright 7/3/2019. Hold out lads, it's almost here.

I hope it's not Nans Gaming. I wonder if it's only going to be the regular or if they'll have the Plus/Graphene as well.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
I hope it's not Nans Gaming. I wonder if it's only going to be the regular or if they'll have the Plus/Graphene as well.
F*** Nan's Gaming. I ordered a Macho 90 from them and they strung me along for a month before sending me an email saying they have no stock and cancelling my order. They didn't even update the website to reflect no stock after cancelling. That was one month that I could've gotten my Ncase build done earlier. I recommend Aliexpress if you are US based and want most of the Thermalright coolers as they are easiest to deal with and ship fairly quickly. They are overpriced there though. For the Silver Arrow 130/ Silver Arrow TR4/ HR22 Plus or any Thermalright cooler launched within the past 18 months, you're probably going to have to go through Taobao for now if you live in the US.

D

Deleted member 3671

@Demon Boy Jr @rcradiator Thermalright did not specify the outlet sadly, and I didn't ask about the version that's coming. However, Thermalright did ask this: "If you know any good distributor in the USA please let me know.", in the email exchange. I rattled off every major site that carries pc parts/pc business that I could think of. I don't know that what I told them will make a difference in the end, but who knows.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
@Demon Boy Jr @rcradiator Thermalright did not specify the outlet sadly, and I didn't ask about the version that's coming. However, Thermalright did ask this: "If you know any good distributor in the USA please let me know.", in the email exchange. I rattled off every major site that carries pc parts/pc business that I could think of. I don't know that what I told them will make a difference in the end, but who knows.
Personally, if they started stocking coolers on either Amazon or Newegg, that would be amazing as that would cover at least half of the PC market in the US. They'll face stiff competition however as their air coolers are competing directly with Noctua, Be Quiet!, and Cryorig (although Cryorig appears to have dropped out with the Trump tariffs).

Reactions: scatterforce
D

Deleted member 3671

Personally, if they started stocking coolers on either Amazon or Newegg, that would be amazing as that would cover at least half of the PC market in the US. They'll face stiff competition however as their air coolers are competing directly with Noctua, Be Quiet!, and Cryorig (although Cryorig appears to have dropped out with the Trump tariffs).
Lol that idea died so fast... Thermalright support said both Amazon and Newegg fees are too high so that's a no go. They also said that Microcenter and Fry's are "not so good" and that the U.S. market is "small and small" (I think that means getting smaller?). Honestly I'm pretty done with Thermalright at this point even if the cooler makes it here. I literally listed the resellers LISTED ON THEIR OWN SITE back to them, and it was apparently news that they do business at any of those places (except for Nans, they told me to check there 3 times).

Just fyi there are 2 Alpenfohn Atlas coolers left on Overclockers UK (I bought #3), and they ship the US if anyone is interested. Just be sure to also purchase the AM4 upgrade kit for the Atlas (only a few bucks and only 3 left now).

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Lol that idea died so fast... Thermalright support said both Amazon and Newegg fees are too high so that's a no go. They also said that Microcenter and Fry's are "not so good" and that the U.S. market is "small and small" (I think that means getting smaller?). Honestly I'm pretty done with Thermalright at this point even if the cooler makes it here. I literally listed the resellers LISTED ON THEIR OWN SITE back to them, and it was apparently news that they do business at any of those places (except for Nans, they told me to check there 3 times).

Just fyi there are 2 Alpenfohn Atlas coolers left on Overclockers UK (I bought #3), and they ship the US if anyone is interested. Just be sure to also purchase the AM4 upgrade kit for the Atlas (only a few bucks and only 3 left now).

I think it's just the nature of the US market. Thermalright has been out of it for so long its hard to get marketshare back. Especially for new builders who are told to stick with Noctua and BeQuiet! It's a tough decision to mass import a product for a niche market like the sff community. It's unfortunate and I don't want to deal with Nans Gaming as a business. Looks like I'll be importing from Taobao.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I remember reading a review that even though the cooler is 130mm tall, it adds about 2mm more when the supplied fan is installed, making a total height of 132mm.
So, if the clearance of a case is absolutely 130mm with nothing to spare, then be careful.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Sold Out on T-Mall and Thermalright doesn't have it on Taobao. Feels bad, I think I procrastinated too long to see if it'd get a US release ?. I should've copped it when you originally listed that thread Tiny?.

How long do restocks typically take for items like this? I guess it's only been about a month since Limin announced they got their initial stock.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Sold Out on T-Mall and Thermalright doesn't have it on Taobao. Feels bad, I think I procrastinated too long to see if it'd get a US release ?. I should've copped it when you originally listed that thread Tiny?.

How long do restocks typically take for items like this? I guess it's only been about a month since Limin announced they got their initial stock.
I remember Thermalright made a thread in Chiphell in early June, announcing a limited stock was available in Tmall and Jd. Then, about 2 weeks later, posters said the stock there was gone. Thermalright did not say when the next stock will be.

But, I think there might be some stock in various Taobao shops. I baidu and the followings come up. Check them out.

For the prices, I think, RMB 399 for the regular, 459 for the plus and 559 for the graphene version.
Check with them to confirm availability.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
I remember Thermalright made a thread in Chiphell in early June, announcing a limited stock was available in Tmall and Jd. Then, about 2 weeks later, posters said the stock there was gone. Thermalright did not say when the next stock will be.

But, I think there might be some stock in various Taobao shops. I baidu and the followings come up. Check them out.

For the prices, I think, RMB 399 for the regular, 459 for the plus and 559 for the graphene version.
Check with them to confirm availability.

Interesting, I wonder why these didn't show up in the search. My only concern at this point is whether they're old stock and my not have the improved soldering between the copper heatpipes and the copper base.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I wonder why you did not find the cooler in Taobao. I just did a search and it returned 5-6 shops selling the cooler, including Thermalright's site in Tmall. I then checked Tmall and someone just bought one (graphene version) on 5th July.
Anyway, I suppose you can ask the shop to confirm if they are selling the 1st batch or the 2nd batch. Did you actually log into the Thermalright's site in Tmall and check the availability?

If I have to guess, they are more likely selling the 2nd batch as 1st batch should have gone a long long time away.
TR's own site is much more 'reliable' than the other shops, not saying the other shops are bad though.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Aye -- it's B07TFX446Y , it's 80 USD. If you are in Canada, it's ships there, S&H is 8.19 , import fees deposit 9.79. So it's less than a hundred but not by much. The description and the photo is of the T8 however.

AXm77

Efficiency Noob
Nov 20, 2017
Pictures and drawing are correct, but description... (163mm height, 8 heatpipes ). Ordered one for my new M1 build.