Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow 130mm Tower Cooler

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Someone earlier mentioned a graphene version? Is that actually a thing and something we can buy?

I saw there's a 'PLUS' version, but didn't know if that was it or not.

nevdawg

Case Bender
Jan 23, 2019
Someone earlier mentioned a graphene version? Is that actually a thing and something we can buy?

I saw there's a 'PLUS' version, but didn't know if that was it or not.
Looks like the graphene version is available in the link posted above your post... But I'm not sure if that includes the PLUS version feature (nickel plated fins).

And well, I'm confused... one picture shows it clearing RAM and one showing it not clearing. They both seem to be ASUS Strix mobos.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Looks like the graphene version is available in the link posted above your post... But I'm not sure if that includes the PLUS version feature (nickel plated fins).

Oh yeah, so it is... Just does not appear on the SuperBuy add for some reason: https://www.superbuy.com/en/page/search/?platform=taobao&keyword=利民 银箭&nTag=Agent-product-search

I think because the shops on SuperBuy do not stock this variant, where as the Guangzhou Jucheng store does, but I can't seem to find that seller on SuperBuy.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
SuperBuy is just an agent for purchasing from TaoBao, I know that, but I couldn't find that specific listing on there anywhere, but I appreciate the link!

I've ordered one of the graphene models now :D

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
And well, I'm confused... one picture shows it clearing RAM and one showing it not clearing. They both seem to be ASUS Strix mobos.

In your post, the top pic seems to show an Z370i Gaming (judged by the shape of the VRM heatsink) while the bottom pic shows an Z390i (judged by the shape of the M.2 SSD heatsink cover).

But, take a look below.
The upper pic below does show the SA130 clearing the RAM in an Z370i.
And the lower pic shows the SA130 fits OK in an Z390i.

Reactions: Tazpr

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
SuperBuy is just an agent for purchasing from TaoBao, I know that, but I couldn't find that specific listing on there anywhere, but I appreciate the link!

I've ordered one of the graphene models now :D
What are the rest of the components of the system that you are going to build with the SA130?
Can't wait for high definition pics!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
What are the rest of the components of the system that you are going to build with the SA130?
Can't wait for high definition pics!
I7 9700k, ASRock Z390m-ITX/AC but will upgrade to a Phantom Gaming when I can get one, GTX 2060 and a custom 12L chassis that's designed for 2x140mm intake fans but shorter GPU's. I'll definitely post up pics when I get it all assembled but I got the base parts today and assembled it and even using the i7 with a 65w power cap (using an L9i so I didn't want to overheat) and it runs really well.

Reactions: Veryaton

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Any word or theories on when this may be available on US marketplaces like Newegg/Amazon? I'm hoping to do an Ncase build when the new AMD chips drop and this cooler would be ideal.

Reactions: jtmsrl

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Any word or theories on when this may be available on US marketplaces like Newegg/Amazon? I'm hoping to do an Ncase build when the new AMD chips drop and this cooler would be ideal.
Thermalright has absolutely given up on the US market. Currently the only Thermalright reseller is this website named Nan's Gaming Gear and they aren't good as when I ordered a cooler off their website, they strung along my order for a month and then cancelled it saying they had no stock of that cooler. They didn't even bother updating their website to reflect their current inventory, meaning that at least some of their stuff isn't available even though they say it is. There are a few Amazon listings of the popular coolers like the Macho, but that's about it. Don't expect any new Thermalright products to be hitting US markets. If you really want one, go through Taobao or maybe Aliexpress when they start getting it.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Thermalright has absolutely given up on the US market. Currently the only Thermalright reseller is this website named Nan's Gaming Gear and they aren't good as when I ordered a cooler off their website, they strung along my order for a month and then cancelled it saying they had no stock of that cooler. They didn't even bother updating their website to reflect their current inventory, meaning that at least some of their stuff isn't available even though they say it is. There are a few Amazon listings of the popular coolers like the Macho, but that's about it. Don't expect any new Thermalright products to be hitting US markets. If you really want one, go through Taobao or maybe Aliexpress when they start getting it.

That's unfortunate. I'm leary of ordering from Chinese marketplaces. I've heard more stories of people getting ripped off from sites like Aliexpress than of them actually getting what they ordered.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Is there any verification that the "Graphene" coated one is actually graphene coated? I see some posts online about other "graphene" coolers off Chinese marketplaces where people question their legitamacy.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Is there any verification that the "Graphene" coated one is actually graphene coated? I see some posts online about other "graphene" coolers off Chinese marketplaces where people question their legitamacy.
It should be noted this isn't some unknown brand, Thermalright are established so I don't imagine they would market something as Graphene and have it just be colored in with a grey-lead pencil.

Also, I've used SuperBuy a few times to purchase things from TaoBao and it's completely safe and legit.

Use the link above to order the graphene one, they can display USD and you'll find the process pretty painless. You just gotta wait for SuperBuy to get the stock, inspect it and then you can arrange the shipping.

Side note, my Silver Arrow 130 has arrived at the warehouse and I've paid for shipping so I should have mine by next week :D

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
It should be noted this isn't some unknown brand, Thermalright are established so I don't imagine they would market something as Graphene and have it just be colored in with a grey-lead pencil.

Also, I've used SuperBuy a few times to purchase things from TaoBao and it's completely safe and legit.

Use the link above to order the graphene one, they can display USD and you'll find the process pretty painless. You just gotta wait for SuperBuy to get the stock, inspect it and then you can arrange the shipping.

Side note, my Silver Arrow 130 has arrived at the warehouse and I've paid for shipping so I should have mine by next week :D

I trust Thermalright. I dont trust Chinese vendors that will say whatever they need to in order to make a sale lol. Some of the concern ive seen online comes from whether or not "graphene" is an accurate translation of what the product actually says it is. Perhaps graphene is just what they're calling the color. Ill probably pick one up regardless and just hope for the best for both of us.

How much did your shipping cost come to?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I trust Thermalright. I dont trust Chinese vendors that will say whatever they need to in order to make a sale lol. Some of the concern ive seen online comes from whether or not "graphene" is an accurate translation of what the product actually says it is. Perhaps graphene is just what they're calling the color. Ill probably pick one up regardless and just hope for the best for both of us.

Was about $30 USD to Australia from Hong Kong. Not sure how that translates to USA, I'm assuming it would be slightly more since Australia is closer to HK. Cost about $100 USD including shipping in the end I think... Maybe a bit less. Was $140 AUD so whatever that is in USD XD

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018

You know I think you were correct haha 'Graphene' translates roughtly to 'Spray painted black with cheap spray paint haha

Still, looks better than silver lol