Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
why are people worried about using the l12s when louqe has confirmed that noctua are reviving the L12 itself

A confirmation doesn't mean much coming from Louqe, or any entity not Noctua. We'll have to see if they can keep their promises.
Since they're great at communication I'm sure there will be no issues.

Reactions: Biowarejak

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
A confirmation doesn't mean much coming from Louqe, or any entity not Noctua. We'll have to see if they can keep their promises.
Since they're great at communication I'm sure there will be no issues.

Or, as was posted on the Slack:

thanks for contacting Noctua!

The NH-L12 will be available on Amazon and eBay in about one months time. It's not planned to sell those products at various resellers.

Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Emanuel Fankhauser
Noctua support team
This was received on May 23

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
Nice to see a confirmation, but I hope you realise that “the Slack” is a gated community.
It's gated to those who backed the project, yes, which is to be expected for a project so it doesn't get derailed. There's even an entire channel dedicated just to this topic there.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
It's gated to those who backed the project, yes, which is to be expected for a project so it doesn't get derailed. There's even an entire channel dedicated just to this topic there.
We were all here supporting this project well before the Kickstarter went live. There's interest in the case outside of those who contributed financially, and transparency on items like that communication from Noctua would go a long way towards continuing said interest in the product by potential future buyers who need to know if a half-decent air cooling solution will be available.

Reactions: edrenmarc

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
We were all here supporting this project well before the Kickstarter went live. There's interest in the case outside of those who contributed financially, and transparency on items like that communication from Noctua would go a long way towards continuing said interest in the product by potential future buyers who need to know if a half-decent air cooling solution will be available.

This is going to sound harsh, but it's people like you that have actually made this experience so frustrating.

They're a small start-up with a small team, and for better or for worse, they seem to be very responsive to the demands of the community. Asking for more changes/additions/features, and then asking for more transparency has clearly got this team fighting to cater to demands that they now can't possibly meet.

Even as a backer who doesn't use Slack, Slack is the right choice because it at least gives them a fighting chance to cater to the most important audience and deliver information consistently and in a timely manner. It really isn't about "potential future buyers" at this stage - it's about delivering to people who have already paid significant sums, without overcommitting to future plans (that can involve potential future buyers in the future)

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Just to state the obvious: if good communication with backers is the goal, the only right way to do so is via updates on Kickstarter, the one and only service where all backers are guaranteed to have an account. Only backers can respond, and if they want to keep something private they can limit visibility to just backers. But if they don’t limit visibility, then people on the outside get information as well, saving everyone the hassle of repeating questions or answering things that were already answered. Moving the bulk of the communication to Slack removed the transparency that Kickstarter projects have by default, hence part of the frustration some people are having.

I get that the team is having to focus their time and energy right now, and that splitting their attention between current and future customers may be more than they can do right this moment, but from my view on the outside, this seems like an entirely avoidable problem.

Last edited:

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
This is going to sound harsh, but it's people like you that have actually made this experience so frustrating.

They're a small start-up with a small team, and for better or for worse, they seem to be very responsive to the demands of the community. Asking for more changes/additions/features, and then asking for more transparency has clearly got this team fighting to cater to demands that they now can't possibly meet.

Even as a backer who doesn't use Slack, Slack is the right choice because it at least gives them a fighting chance to cater to the most important audience and deliver information consistently and in a timely manner. It really isn't about "potential future buyers" at this stage - it's about delivering to people who have already paid significant sums, without overcommitting to future plans (that can involve potential future buyers in the future)

You sound entitled. Maybe check your exclusive VIP pass at the door? This is a very open discussion forum.

Just to state the obvious: if good communication with backers is the goal, the only right way to do so is via updates on Kickstarter, the one and only service where all backers are guaranteed to have an account. Only backers can respond, and if they want to keep something private they can limit visibility to just backers. But if they don’t limit visibility, then people on the outside get information as well, saving everyone the hassle of repeating questions or answering things that were already answered. Moving the bulk of the communication to Slack removed the transparency that Kickstarter projects have by default, hence part of the frustration some people are having.

I get that the team is having to focus their time and energy right now, and that splitting their attention between current and future customers may be more than they can do right this moment, but from my view on the outside, this seems like an entirely avoidable problem.

Agreed. Nuff said.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017

Buddy, what makes this experience frustrating is the way the communication is being handled. Period. There's no point in having this thread here if we can't ALL be a part of the discussion - and we can't without all the information. We're all here because we're invested, one way or another. We care. I care. And for my part, I'm tired of this.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018

I'm with you on this one. People giving Louqe sh*t because they didn't pass on every bit of information on one forum for backers to another forum with a mix of backers and 'potential' future buyers. I'm a backer through their website pre-order so missed slack altogether.

People getting p*ssed that Louqe didn't or couldn't confirm a specific date the availability (Noctua) of a product they don't even produce. All said people had to do was ask Noctua direct.

Plus we can't all be part of every thread/ discussion on slack as some have suggested on this forum. Some people need to understand the expression 'Too many cooks...'

I know comms from Louqe have been slow lately, but if they have being sorting out the manufacturing and supply matters then this is forgivable.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I'm with you on this one. People giving Louqe sh*t because they didn't pass on every bit of information on one forum for backers to another forum with a mix of backers and 'potential' future buyers. I'm a backer through their website pre-order so missed slack altogether.

People getting p*ssed that Louqe didn't or couldn't confirm a specific date the availability (Noctua) of a product they don't even produce. All said people had to do was ask Noctua direct.

Plus we can't all be part of every thread/ discussion on slack as some have suggested on this forum. Some people need to understand the expression 'Too many cooks...'

I know comms from Louqe have been slow lately, but if they have being sorting out the manufacturing and supply matters then this is forgivable.

So you frequent and freely use this open community forum, but as soon as you pay all of a sudden its become your exclusive club? If that's the case then you and others should petition louqe to gtfo of this open discussion forum, if we go under this logic that is.

I get your logic of too many cooks. but thats on louqe then, they decided to use slack, kickstarter and this forum to communicate. Don't start pointing fingers at others just because you paid 300 for your new shiny toy, you should question the creator's methods instead.

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
I'd say they get "sh*t" since they won't pass on any information on any forum? As far as I'm aware the noctua thing was announced on HardForum, a couple of times, during the kickstarter build-up. Then radio silence on everything, which was filled by others.
You can't really blame people wondering about their options, especially since the cooler is a central component. I'd expect quite a few are trying to nail down their component choices around now. Snarky unproven claims didn't help.

But haven't they been unusually active recently since they've posted a couple of times?

I hate dog-piling and witch-hunts, but they certainly don't make it easy for themselves. Even a minuscule presence, popping in for 20 minutes a week in one of their discussion threads and answering single questions would have avoided it. It would have been a thin presence, but that is better than naught.

And a little request from a fellow occasional flamer, let's keep it civil? Let's not degenerate this further than it already is.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I'd say they get "sh*t" since they won't pass on any information on any forum? As far as I'm aware the noctua thing was announced on HardForum, a couple of times, during the kickstarter build-up. Then radio silence on everything, which was filled by others.
You can't really blame people wondering about their options, especially since the cooler is a central component. I'd expect quite a few are trying to nail down their component choices around now. Snarky unproven claims didn't help.

But haven't they been unusually active recently since they've posted a couple of times?

I hate dog-piling and witch-hunts, but they certainly don't make it easy for themselves. Even a minuscule presence, popping in for 20 minutes a week in one of their discussion threads and answering single questions would have avoided it. It would have been a thin presence, but that is better than naught.

And a little request from a fellow occasional flamer, let's keep it civil? Let's not degenerate this further than it already is.

Quote:

My point was and is sometimes people can just go direct to the actual source, rather than shoot the messenger. In this case (no pun intended) Noctua.

Quote:

Agreed.

On a more general point. The 3d render of the green colour kinda looks good?

Reactions: Illumna97

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

A quick question. Anyone own or have used the fractal design s24 AIO shown in this case? Is it actually any good? I currently have the NZXT X52 and i'm not impressed with its performance and buggy software. I am thinking of swapping it for the fractal in this case.

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Is Louqe's level of communication going to become the new 2 holes vs 4 holes? Can we just leave it at everyone has a different level of tolerance surrounding the amount of communication and leave it at that. Louqe has acknowledged the communication issue I don't see what continuing the conversation would achieve.

To be more on track and answer Bangle's question I believe only Louqe and Jaystwocents have tried the S24 AIO and Louqe concluded that it was the best performing 240mm AIO they tested. However Jaystwocents decided it couldn't fit and used a NZXT but he had a preproduction model and Louqe has shown it fitting so believe what you would like. Personally I'm going to get one

Reactions: zacobin and Bangle

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski will there be a MKIII of the Louqe Ghost S1 with CPU heatsink clearance of about 75 mm so as to fit the Noctua NH-L12S (70 mm) with additional space for mounting filters?

The Ghost will remain as is for a long time, it is parramount for us to build a lasting platform that will keep evolving with remained boundary conditions (the case itself)

@PaChalski Linus Tech Tips do awesome reviews on SFF cases. Would love it if you could give them a review unit or get in touch with them.:D:D

Linus is in the loop, but we really want to get the case out to all the backers before we send units to reviewers.

deagle

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2018
Joined the forum because this case might just be the ticket into the SFF world. Ever since the Corsair One was announced I've been waiting for for a minimalist case that supports dual 240mm AIOs but isn't two feet deep. When 8-core Coffee Lake comes out this case will be at the top of the list.

@PaChalski
Looking at the images, I don't see a lot of clearance for a GPU waterblock/pump. Has a Kraken G12 - X52 combo been tested? I'm flexible on which AIO to use but I'm not sure if the Fractal S24's perpendicular tubing can be bent 90 degrees in that space. Corsair could work I suppose.

Also, was the PCI-E riser the cause of Jay's 1080 Ti crashes? If so, has this been addressed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Illumna97

deagle

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2018
As far as I remember he was using a 500W PSU. That was more than likely the reason.
Yea... I didn't buy that conclusion. Even if he was pulling 400W (which is highly unlikely with a stock 1080 Ti FE), there is still plenty of headroom on that 90% efficient PSU with a 40A 12V rail. The card expects 75W from PCI-E and not all riser adapters can do it, some have 12V Molex connectors. I'd certainly prefer if his PSU were the cause, but without someone testing a 1080 Ti or Vega I'm skeptical.

Here is the supported GPU list, 1080 Ti and Vega 64 are on it:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/PSU/GPU-supportlist.pdf

Last edited: