Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Really? I can't even watch their videos for more than 2 minutes, imo it seems like their channel just complains and create non-existent drama for the view count.
I find GN to be extremely straight on, they have a sense of humor that can come off as drama mongering though. They have an insane amount of data in all their videos that I really appreciate.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I find GN to be extremely straight on, they have a sense of humor that can come off as drama mongering though. They have an insane amount of data in all their videos that I really appreciate.

Yea, looking back, GN does provide a lot of data, even the small things are analyzed. I'm too used to sanitized, almost too clean tech journalism haha, but GN is a big part of the pc building community, and I can appreciate why so.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
GN is sadly and grossly underrated... Don't mean to derail...

@PaChalski If you can, definitely send them a sample. I understand though, you don't have a ton of samples, so maybe a loaner agreement would work (so you can use the same sample for multiple reviews)?

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Just seen that they've updated the website to include custom grilles. Just wondering if the copper version can be painted with premier and paint? Will this affect fitting?

Illumna97

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
Since the recommended CPU-cooler (Noctua NH-L12) has been discontinued by Noctua, I was wondering wether or not the newer model, the Noctua H-l12S ,is compatible if u have it at the side panel with no clearance or if it's a good idea to bend the cooler to make it fit.
I really want a 120mm heatsink for the Ghost S1, since the newest Noctua fan https://noctua.at/en/home-product/nf-a12x25-pwm really got my hopes high for a very powerful and completely silent CPU-cooler.
Maybe a heatsink from another brand + the new 120mm fan from noctua?...
Open for suggestions! thank you!:):thumb::thumb::thumb:

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Since the recommended CPU-cooler (Noctua NH-L12) has been discontinued by Noctua, I was wondering wether or not the newer model, the Noctua H-l12S ,is compatible if u have it at the side panel with no clearance or if it's a good idea to bend the cooler to make it fit.
I really want a 120mm heatsink for the Ghost S1, since the newest Noctua fan https://noctua.at/en/home-product/nf-a12x25-pwm really got my hopes high for a very powerful and completely silent CPU-cooler.
Just fyi it seems that the noctua slim isn't that good, quiet but lower performance.

Reactions: Illumna97

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017

The L12S is not compatible but they are going to be rereleasing the L12 within a month time (from their eBay and Amazon stores). Alternatively you can get something like the Cryorig C7 CU and an adapter for a 120mm fan which should provide similar or better cooling, though perhaps slightly louder

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Wow came back to this thread to see so much negativity. It's understandable due to the cost and delivery expectations but I've been following them since their first post to this Forum (I doubt you could find a public word from Louqe I haven't read) and I know how passionate they are about this project and 100% believe they will deliver a quality product. Just wanted to send them some good vibes in lieu of all the criticisms, my 2 cents

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Wow came back to this thread to see so much negativity. It's understandable due to the cost and delivery expectations but I've been following them since their first post to this Forum (I doubt you could find a public word from Louqe I haven't read) and I know how passionate they are about this project and 100% believe they will deliver a quality product. Just wanted to send them some good vibes in lieu of all the criticisms, my 2 cents

I'm with you. I think the quality will be there.

Illumna97

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
@PaChalski will there be a MKIII of the Louqe Ghost S1 with CPU heatsink clearance of about 75 mm so as to fit the Noctua NH-L12S (70 mm) with additional space for mounting filters?
I think their general direction is into getting smaller and not bigger, so i think it's unlikely that they will make the MK3 bigger. If you look at http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1Addons.pdf you can see that they're probably aware of the current market situation and want to create a heatsink themselves that works best inside the chassis. They also mentioned that if the fan is too close to the side panels, it'll create more noise due to the consequential turbulence: http://www.louqe.com/files/heatsink_test_ghost_s1_MkII.pdf (Noctua NH-L9x65). The best cooling scenario would be a wide passive heatsink design vertical to the top and bottom of the case, that's being cooled by top or/and bottom fans. the best combination imo is the pictures No.1 and No.11 (first link) with two of the new noctua 120mm fans located at the bottom.
But this is only my opinion for the Ghost S1 without top/bottmom-hats.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
@PaChalski will there be a MKIII of the Louqe Ghost S1 with CPU heatsink clearance of about 75 mm so as to fit the Noctua NH-L12S (70 mm) with additional space for mounting filters?
people knew that the l12 was going out of production way before the kickstarter, it was decided to keep the original case size because if you start increasing the size for every small extra compatibility you never stop.

so no, there will not be a larger mk3

Winston Britto

Efficiency Noob
May 25, 2018
I think their general direction is into getting smaller and not bigger, so i think it's unlikely that they will make the MK3 bigger. If you look at http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1Addons.pdf you can see that they're probably aware of the current market situation and want to create a heatsink themselves that works best inside the chassis. They also mentioned that if the fan is too close to the side panels, it'll create more noise due to the consequential turbulence: http://www.louqe.com/files/heatsink_test_ghost_s1_MkII.pdf (Noctua NH-L9x65). The best cooling scenario would be a wide passive heatsink design vertical to the top and bottom of the case, that's being cooled by top or/and bottom fans. the best combination imo is the pictures No.1 and No.11 (first link) with two of the new noctua 120mm fans located at the bottom.
But this is only my opinion for the Ghost S1 without top/bottmom-hats.
Yes the custom passive CPU cooler does look interesting. Am gonna keep a lookout for that.
As you said the Noctua NH-L9x65 does create turbulence with the side panel being too close to the fans. But the Noctua NH-L12S has its fan below the heatsink and away from the side panel similar to the Noctua-L12 negating this problem. That's why I was so interested in this particular low profile cooler.
Would love to hear more options for this awesome case.:):)

Winston Britto

Efficiency Noob
May 25, 2018
people knew that the l12 was going out of production way before the kickstarter, it was decided to keep the original case size because if you start increasing the size for every small extra compatibility you never stop.

so no, there will not be a larger mk3
Yeah , makes sense especially this being a small form factor case.