Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
Hoping for you understanding and we appreciate all the engagement, negative or positive. Shoot questions that you have!

There are som minor updates that we will go through with you shortly.
Hi Patrik,
You said last year that you would make dust filters available before delivery, and also that you had developed prototypes for them at one point. Do you still plan on providing them? We haven't heard about them since you said that. You also said in the past that the early bird order's would come with a "special surprise," I'm just wondering if these two things are related.

Thank you for your hard work.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
What
Gang,
We have had a hectic number of weeks trying to get this case just right, at this point we are confident it is far better than we can expect and every detail is just where it needs to be. This immense quality focus has affected the communication flow significantly and we apologize that it has been interpreted as ignorance. We believe that the end result will speak for itself and that you will all understand what has gone into making this case.

From now on, when all the feedback and negotiations have come to an end with suppliers, we have more time at our hands where the majority of it will be used to guide you all through the final mile of the project.

Hoping for you understanding and we appreciate all the engagement, negative or positive. Shoot questions that you have!

What happened with Jay?

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Hi i ha
Gang,
We have had a hectic number of weeks trying to get this case just right, at this point we are confident it is far better than we can expect and every detail is just where it needs to be. This immense quality focus has affected the communication flow significantly and we apologize that it has been interpreted as ignorance. We believe that the end result will speak for itself and that you will all understand what has gone into making this case.

From now on, when all the feedback and negotiations have come to an end with suppliers, we have more time at our hands where the majority of it will be used to guide you all through the final mile of the project.

Hi, i have some questions

1) When will we be able to see hi-res pictures of the different case and grills?
2) until when can we wait before picking color and tophats?
3) Has the anodizing been improved as it has been said (jayz2cent) that it was really bad (was it true?)?
4) what happened with Jayz2cent?
5) i remember that it was said that the general finish and the artic white color of the first manufactor was good, why was it ruled out?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
im very interested in learning more about this anodizing issue that Jayztwocents had. Was it an isolated issue? if not has it been addressed for the final product?

EDIT: Also have you guys tested temps on a rear mounted m.2 drive?

Last edited:

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I thought they were going to make the case in Europe, but i see now that the cases are coming from Asia. I won't be surprised if li-lian end up making it, most kickstarters go to them. I think the anodising issue was from European suppliers. Maybe for the cost to get it right they had to go to Asia were its cheaper to make. I'm going to stick to the black case as all my hardware is black.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
I thought they were going to make the case in Europe, but i see now that the cases are coming from Asia. I won't be surprised if li-lian end up making it, most kickstarters go to them. I think the anodising issue was from European suppliers. Maybe for the cost to get it right they had to go to Asia were its cheaper to make. I'm going to stick to the black case as all my hardware is black.
it can not be lian li as they use a complitely different manufacturing process

Reactions: Bangle

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Having seen Jayz2cent comments I also think he's being unfair. I get the lack of communication, but he did two videos on the case and tophat - which btw was a very very early prototype. If they weren't communicating why did he do the second vid?? Sounds like a little bitterness cos he didn't get free sh*t. Used to like his channel 18 months ago, but since he got the new studio and 'arty' vid edits it kinda sucks b*lls. Plus is it me, or did he intentionally make 'mistakes' in alot of his vids recently?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Plus is it me, or did he intentionally make 'mistakes' in alot of his vids recently?
I don't really watch Jay's videos that often, but I did notice lately a bunch of his video titles being variants of "I screwed up again." I'd guess the first video or two he did like that got a lot of views, so he doubled down on the theme. Gotta play the Youtube game if you want those views, unfortunately.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Having seen Jayz2cent comments I also think he's being unfair. I get the lack of communication, but he did two videos on the case and tophat - which btw was a very very early prototype. If they weren't communicating why did he do the second vid?? Sounds like a little bitterness cos he didn't get free sh*t. Used to like his channel 18 months ago, but since he got the new studio and 'arty' vid edits it kinda sucks b*lls. Plus is it me, or did he intentionally make 'mistakes' in alot of his vids recently?

I get the same feeling about Jay too. I never really liked him. Something is off, I mean, something not so candid about him... I don't know how to explain but I never got "good" vibes when I watched him. The exact opposite vibes when I watch Steve Burke (Gamers Nexus)... And, yeah, a lot of double takes recently from Jay... In any case, I totally understand the frustration over radio silence, and I think Loque guys botched the communication across the board. If they've been so busy, they should've gotten help to keep the channels alive, hire someone even. Goodwill is too expensive to lose, especially for a small start-up.

Reactions: Bangle

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I just want a word on this anodization issue. It is extremely concerning.
I don't think its an issue just yet. As I said, Jayz sample is just that - an early pre-production sample. As for the change in the white version to green, I think that the white anodised aluminium is the hardest colour to do (or get right). So they had to drop it. I'm going to give Louqe a chance. They just need to better at communicating.

http://www.bluebuddhaboutique.com/blog/2011/09/no-white-anodized-aluminum/

Reactions: zacobin and SeeFiFo

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
P
Please lets be real...for jayz2cent getting a case for free change nothing (he get constantly send way more expensive hardware for free).
He was clearly pissed off about the lack of comunication and the fact that he couldn t finalize his project on this case because of the lack of that top hat.

He did the second video because many people asked him to but as he said, he wanted to w8 for the other top hat to do a custom waterloop in it.

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
I don't think its an issue just yet. As I said, Jayz sample is just that - an early pre-production sample. As for the change in the white version to green, I think that the white anodised aluminium is the hardest colour to do (or get right). So they had to drop it. I'm going to give Louqe a chance. They just need to better at communicating.

http://www.bluebuddhaboutique.com/blog/2011/09/no-white-anodized-aluminum/

It could very likely be JayzTwoCents case, or it could be a possible issue with all the cases we are about to get. If you are sending a sample for review to a high profile youtuber, wouldn't you make sure the sample is as good as the final product? or atleast mention that you half asses the anodization process for that case, to keep cost down, but intend to fix the issue for final release.

Either way its all speculation at this point, but the fact is Jayztwocents has said that his case has bad anodization, and Louqe hasn't made an official statement about it yet. It is concerning because that either means they haven't seen jayz comments, don't know about the issue (bad), know about the issue but are purposely keeping quiet (very bad).

An official statement will go a long way in this matter.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I was really waiting for the whole "white anodized" thing to be brought up. Certain kinds of hard-anodization come close - but no cigar. I'm not surprised it had to be dropped.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Hi Patrik,
You said last year that you would make dust filters available before delivery, and also that you had developed prototypes for them at one point. Do you still plan on providing them? We haven't heard about them since you said that. You also said in the past that the early bird order's would come with a "special surprise," I'm just wondering if these two things are related.

Thank you for your hard work.

Dust filters are still planned and developed, we are hoping to have them ready before shipping starts. Surprise or not, who knows?

What

What happened with Jay?

We have reached out to them to understand where the communication went wrong, it looks like we have mended the damage and will be able to maintain a future cooperation.

Hi i ha

Hi, i have some questions

1) When will we be able to see hi-res pictures of the different case and grills?
3) Has the anodizing been improved as it has been said (jayz2cent) that it was really bad (was it true?)?
5) i remember that it was said that the general finish and the artic white color of the first manufactor was good, why was it ruled out?

- We will probably let Sweclockers do the photo-shoot. We could do some ourselves first.
- it is no real deadline other than shipping. We will have a small buffer for promotional use that we can use as a swap stock, but with many changes things might get problematic. We will make our best to present the finishes well before shipping. Planning a trip to the anodization plant in June.
- Not sure what is causing this comment, if it is true or not, but the anodization should not be a real problem and definitely stronger than any paint finish, even on the prototype he got. Judging from his second build movie I think the finish has survived very well.
- See comment above
- The two remaining alu suppliers were offering two different solutions on the arctic finish, thin polymer coating and anodization. Both were not good enough and when comparing them with the other finishes it simply wasn't the same high quality impression.
- Coating caused a thin layer, but enough to mess upp the tolerances, especially with the updated TopHat connection design where paint would chipp of in the connections to fit in place. Changing the CNC programs to compensate was discussed but adding complexity to the manufacturing process was ruled out even though the supplier said they would handle it. The other solution, anodization, left a grey finish that is not far off the Limestone, so finish seen in the image above, so it wasn't really worth the added cost and added manufacturing complexity of using different anodization plants.

[/QUOTE]

im very interested in learning more about this anodizing issue that Jayztwocents had. Was it an isolated issue? if not has it been addressed for the final product?

EDIT: Also have you guys tested temps on a rear mounted m.2 drive?

Anodization issue was mentioned in an answer above, but let me add that we have had zero scratches or chipping on the early prototype units we have and they have been seriously abused, traveled with them and 50-ish builds made in them.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Thank you very much for the replay.

1 sure go for it, i think that some early extra pictures will be appreciated by the whole comunity

2 ok so for now i ll hold my color pick decision

4 happy to hear that

:thumb:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
@PaChalski
in the gamer nexus channel are starting to do some reviews on high performing itx cases and are looking for some new options.

you should consider reaching out to them , they have a very good reputation and their case reviews are super deep and they often provide good imputs on how to improve the cases.

Last edited:

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
@PaChalski
in the gamer nexus channel are starting to do some reviews on high performing itx cases and are looking for some new options.

you should consider reaching out to them , they have a very good reputation and their case reviews are super deep and they often provide good imputs on how to improve the cases.

Really? I can't even watch their videos for more than 2 minutes, imo it seems like their channel just complains and create non-existent drama for the view count.

Reactions: Illumna97