Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
There's still the case of it being disorganized and one channel, too much noise which will lead to important info getting lost

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
There's still the case of it being disorganized and one channel, too much noise which will lead to important info getting lost
Reddit? While it very much can be chaotic, it can also be very organized. This depends entirely on how much thought is put into the structure and rules before the subreddit is made accessible to backers, and the quality of moderation afterward. A plethora of tools and resources exist for this.

couzz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 17, 2017
what color would or will you prefer for your ghost s1, and why?

I want to use it on my living room and i am thinking is black too dark? But i realize that playstation 3 and 4 are also black at the same time.Also playstation is designed for living rooms.So i believe Sony knew these things better then me.

I wonder your opinions?

Reactions: Biowarejak

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017

This isn't different from slack, to be honest. Plus there's no archive limit on Reddit, threads can be stickied for announcements, etc etc etc.

I want to use it on my living room and i am thinking is black too dark? But i realize that playstation 3 and 4 are also black at the same time.Also playstation is designed for living rooms.So i believe Sony knew these things better then me.

I wonder your opinions?

I'm going with silver personally but the ash grey is a solid choice that goes with most things. If I didn't have an aluminum keyboard and white mouse I'd probably go with the grey one as well

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017

I wonder your opinions?
I think it depends on your room's colour tone. I would go for silver myself.

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
Right now we are on slack because it is limited to backers only. We want this because we paid for this case. If we were on reddit anyone and their mother would be able to give their two cents on the changes to the case that they haven't invested in. With the voting system, nobody's posts would be seen unless they were up voted and it would be alot more disorganized than it is now. With slack we have a centralized platform with all the relevant (and not so relevant) information and a core group of people who actually care.

The slack community voted to stay on slack in January for the reasons listed and then some. For now to keep it just for the backers, let's stay on slack

The slack community is going to predisposed to vote to stay on Slack-- the people who like Slack and are active on it are the ones voting. Even then, the poll was close and was pretty much 50-50 by the time it was archived (deleted).

The front page of a subreddit includes newer posts too. The subreddit would not be so active that newer posts are not seen. Also, moving to Reddit wouldn't change the fact that there's a core group of people to care. It would actually have relevant information visible, and it would be much easier to find specific topics.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
The problem with the current slack is that it's closed to people who didn't back the kickstarter, but the case will be available later for purchase so why not let the slack public with only the people who backed the kickstarter can post and the other can only read? I don't think i'm the only one who want up to date information on the case

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016

I wonder your opinions?

I've always been set on the black color, however, silver feels refreshing. But when in doubt, I always go for black in the end because it's a safer choice.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Something to drool over ppl ;) yesterday from Slack in Patrik's words...
We are expecting the first set of samples this coming week. Remember we are awaiting two sets of samples to evaluate all suppliers before we select the preferred and the backup.

https://slack-files.com/T8MF0CQR1-FA47PE00P-38e0e72d25

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Regarding the color options the split among slackers is currently:
4:2:1 (Ash:Arctic:Limestone)

Hmm... I'm guessing that's a poll under ghost_polls? Too bad then, since I can't even see anything, at all, in that channel due to Slack requiring a paid plan. Fuck that.

vwr

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2017
Hmm... I'm guessing that's a poll under ghost_polls? Too bad then, since I can't even see anything, at all, in that channel due to Slack requiring a paid plan. Fuck that.

+1

"I like aluminum/bare metal look, which is why I'd choose limestone. Its an elegant finish imo." I agree.

SilverFox18

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2017
Regarding the color options the split among slackers is currently:
4:2:1 (Ash:Arctic:Limestone)

Surprising?
Interesting/surprising indeed - but does that include all the KS backers? Currently - I am under the impression that nobody (on KS) has finalised their colour preference/choice in terms of their order (bar the people who missed KS campaign + then pre-ordered on the Louqe website)…? Do the 'pre-orders' replicate the same colour/finish ratios? Team Louqe - will want to tie down colour/quantities asap once the pre-production samples approved - Looking forward to some new images - to aid in decision - Cheers

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Just another slack poll that not all backers have responded to or can even see I’m guessing. If it was in ghost_polls, I can’t see it. I’m a backer and I enjoy being involved in the development of the ghost but slack has really put me off. I only check sff and hardforums at this point.

Reactions: zacobin and SeeFiFo

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
The way you all assumed it has anything with the ghost_poll channel in Slack is beyond me. It has nothing to do with that whatsoever.
Didn't any of you actually thought it could be the sales data from slacker backers only, meaning color choice from ppl that bought the case over the website, as Patrik's statement says in the first place. Why suddenly jumping to conclusion and blame the Slack or anyone for sharing with you the sales data and customer color choice just to give you a wider perspective? Weird. You guys need to read more carefully next time. :p

Reactions: zacobin