Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
I am also a original backer and I did not sign up to Slack when they sent the email. I have also not seen any update on February, checked my spam folder and I have nothing (though it empties after a month automatically ).

If you still want to sign up to Slack, let me know and I'll try to send you an Invite. Cheers.

Reactions: Toth

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Hey everyone, new long awaited update is up over on Kickstarter!
So to sum it all up... "We expect to receive the full samples during March and be able to place the final order in time to have the products delivered to your addresses in May. Before the order is placed you will all get the chance to select colors and add-ons. We will ask everyone for their current addresses to catch all the changed circumstances."

Reactions: NinoPecorino

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Updates on the windowed side panel??

None at the moment as far as I know but prolly later after the launch. Community main focus here regarding add-ons were pointed at IO-TopHats, Colored Grills, Ragtags, Vertical Stand, Magnetic Fan Filters and even pushing for custom Noctua NH-L12 CPU cooler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
None at the moment as far as I know but prolly later after the launch. Community main focus here regarding add-ons were pointed at IO-TopHats, Colored Grills, Ragtags, Vertical Stand, Magnetic Fan Filters and even pushing for custom Noctua NH-L12 CPU cooler.

IO-tophat and vertical stand fared incredibly poorly compared to the windowed side panels when Louqe did a survey. That's a bummer.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
IO-tophat and vertical stand fared incredibly poorly compared to the windowed side panels when Louqe did a survey. That's a bummer.

I'm not so sure, think it was the other way around. IO-TopHats, Magnetic Fan Filters and Noctua custom L12 cooler were at the top of the list if I remember correctly. Windowed Side Panels were like at the middle or even bottom of the list, maybe not even reaching double numbers. But anyways, its far from abandoned just on-hold at the moment waiting for more crucial stuff to be ready at launch day. Getting the case out in May is now a top priority. Hopefully we see many other add-ons later after the launch.

Last edited:

sajjad7

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
Such a great idea. But, is it possible that instead of the "top hat", you include some sort of sliders in the case permanently?
With this option, one can easily change the size of the case without extra charge for various height. Also it can be possible to change the cooling type of the system instantly without the need for waiting for requesting for a new top hat supply.
Thank again for the stunning work.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Such a great idea. But, is it possible that instead of the "top hat", you include some sort of sliders in the case permanently?
With this option, one can easily change the size of the case without extra charge for various height. Also it can be possible to change the cooling type of the system instantly without the need for waiting for requesting for a new top hat supply.
Thank again for the stunning work.
It's been said before, but they're at a point where it would be very difficult (if not impossible - they already had a kickstarter campaign) to pull off a radical redesign.

Reactions: B14CKB1RD

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
I'm not so sure, think it was the other way around. IO-TopHats, Magnetic Fan Filters and Noctua custom L12 cooler were at the top of the list if I remember correctly. Windowed Side Panels were like at the middle or even bottom of the list, maybe not even reaching double numbers. But anyways, its far from abandoned just on-hold at the moment waiting for more crucial stuff to be ready at launch day. Getting the case out in May is now a top priority. Hopefully we see many other add-ons later after the launch.

After the survey results, Patrik posted a priority matrix. He said they would focus on the IO tophat, res and pump bracket, and alternative grills.

Vertical stand fared incredibly poorly, being almost the last item in terms of added value.

sajjad7

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
It's been said before, but they're at a point where it would be very difficult (if not impossible - they already had a kickstarter campaign) to pull off a radical redesign.

That's too bad.
I had high hopes for it.
But, if there is no chance in this time, there will be a revised version, right ?! :) Could (Would) they ?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
That's too bad.
I had high hopes for it.
But, if there is no chance in this time, there will be a revised version, right ?! :) Could (Would) they ?
I can't speak to that, but I don't think it would suit their brand personality. It would also be a difficult thing to implement from a technical standpoint - and especially an aesthetic one.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017

As you can see from the priority matrix IO-TopHat was at the top of the list. Also Alternative Colored Grills as well and those are being prepared for the launch day.

After the survey results, Patrik posted a priority matrix. He said they would focus on the IO tophat, res and pump bracket, and alternative grills.

Vertical stand fared incredibly poorly, being almost the last item in terms of added value.

As to Vertical Stand, I believe its something that's really easy and simple to make so I guess that's why its here and also being prepared for the launch like Patrik said on latest KS update. Where as the Windowed Side Panel is something that needs way more tinkering and proper work to look and feel as premium as the rest of the case.

Last edited:

johnttam

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys new poster, hopefully you can help me out

Ok so i will almost certainly be doing a case transplant from my inwin 901 into the ghost, just have a couple of compatibility questions

1) does the nh-l12 fit with the pipes facing the io panel? this is the current configuration i have and unless im mistaken is the only way it can be mounted to the asus z97i plus mobo i have

2) does the 2.5 inch ssd fit as an alternative to the fan under the psu, or does it go somewhere else?

3) incase i plan to upgrade, does the x299 itx/ac have any suitable air cooling solutions for the xs s1 that i could use without frying the x series cpu?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Hi guys new poster, hopefully you can help me out

Ok so i will almost certainly be doing a case transplant from my inwin 901 into the ghost, just have a couple of compatibility questions

1) does the nh-l12 fit with the pipes facing the io panel? this is the current configuration i have and unless im mistaken is the only way it can be mounted to the asus z97i plus mobo i have

2) does the 2.5 inch ssd fit as an alternative to the fan under the psu, or does it go somewhere else?

3) incase i plan to upgrade, does the x299 itx/ac have any suitable air cooling solutions for the xs s1 that i could use without frying the x series cpu?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. Don't know why that wouldn't work? Orientation of the heatpipes doesn't impact Z-height, and you already know you have clearance for the heatpipes with respect to the rear panel of the case. I guess see if there's any overhang of the cooler relative to the mitx board you're using?

2. Idk if that's the suggested mounting point, but SSDs fit anywhere you velcro or tape them to. A 2.5" ssd is smaller than a 92mm fan, so it could fit there without problems.

3. Definite "suitable". https://noctua.at/en/nh_l12_tdp_guidelines

johnttam

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 26, 2018
thanks for your quick reply! I think the cooler overhangs the mobo in this orientation on the psu side, which I don’t think there is much tolerance for. I’ve done a little digging and I think the l12 can be mounted on this mobo with heat pipes at top, but this is the one orientation which noctua does not recommend

Rebel640

Caliper Novice
Mar 29, 2018
Hello,

I pre-ordered the Ghost S1 yesterday through the site. I have a question:

Does the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite fit inside it without any modifications? Its 300mm x 143mm x double slot according to evga specs page:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6796-K2

Also, I got the medium hat, for it, is there a way to attach 3.5" HDDs into the medium hat somehow with the 1080 ti ftw 3 elite?

Thank you and I love the case.

Reactions: Obelisk

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Hello,

I pre-ordered the Ghost S1 yesterday through the site. I have a question:

Does the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite fit inside it without any modifications? Its 300mm x 143mm x double slot according to evga specs page:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6796-K2

Also, I got the medium hat, for it, is there a way to attach 3.5" HDDs into the medium hat somehow with the 1080 ti ftw 3 elite?

Thank you and I love the case.

Yes, according to this doc it fits just fine. LOUQE made it possible to lower the female PCI-E slot further down by 2.5mm so you don't need to modify your GPU anymore, it just fits as it is. And yes, you can attach 3.5" HDD natively inside the M TopHat.

Rebel640

Caliper Novice
Mar 29, 2018
Yes, according to this doc it fits just fine. LOUQE made it possible to lower the female PCI-E slot further down by 2.5mm so you don't need to modify your GPU anymore, it just fits as it is. And yes, you can attach 3.5" HDD natively inside the M TopHat.
Thank you. I see two ** in front of the elite ftw 3 ti in the pdf . What strip is it referring to ? That needs to be removed ?

Also I saw the detailed video of jayz two cents building in the ghost and he mentioned having to slightly cut off part of the case corner for his kingpin gpu to fit. Any chance this is being fixed in the production model?