Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
Hey guys, for all of you not lurking on Slack, here's some sample photos for ya! Cheers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhhv4btzfbg5xw4/ghost_sample_all.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhjncdf8xvtrjbn/ghost_sample_b&w_copper_grill.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0u1twdb2elq6gz/ghost_sample_arctic_copper.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbgvj0hq7wljkwx/ghost_sample_feet.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k6afaevj8m4v9g/ghost_sample_SSDbracket.jpg?dl=0

Thanks a ton! I didn't signup when the emails were sent out so this helps greatly.

johnttam

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 26, 2018
Well i got drunk last night and finally bit the bullet and ordered this beauty of a case. Thanks for posting the photos that sealed my decision!

Anyone else planning on using a noctua nh-l9x65 against loques recommendation just for ease of access to the mobo?

Ive had the nh l12 in an itx case for the last 3 years and it makes it a bloody nightmare to work in if anything goes wrong...

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
I too just bit the bullet after impulse buying a 1080. I had planned for my next build to be a APU build in Lazer3D's HT5, but the 1080 doesnt fit in there obviously, and I'd been eyeing the ghost for far too long anyway. So now it looks like i'll be branching out to two builds, hopefully repurposing parts from my current build to keep cost down. I havent decided on a cooler, but i do like the noctua nh-l9x65 for compatibility reasons. Why does it go against recommendations though?

Reactions: vseddie

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Thanks a ton! I didn't signup when the emails were sent out so this helps greatly.

Np mate, if you still wanna join Slack lemme know and I'll send you an invite!

Ooo nice, are there more full body photos & photos of the silver tho?

Not at the moment, but as soon as available I'll post here no worries!

Well i got drunk last night and finally bit the bullet and ordered this beauty of a case. Thanks for posting the photos that sealed my decision!

Anyone else planning on using a noctua nh-l9x65 against loques recommendation just for ease of access to the mobo?

Ive had the nh l12 in an itx case for the last 3 years and it makes it a bloody nightmare to work in if anything goes wrong...

Ofc you can still use a L9x65 but being so close to the side panel you'll have some nasty turbulence noise. If you're going small I'd recommend going with Cryorig C7 Cu copper version coming soon and with the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste.

I too just bit the bullet after impulse buying a 1080. I had planned for my next build to be a APU build in Lazer3D's HT5, but the 1080 doesnt fit in there obviously, and I'd been eyeing the ghost for far too long anyway. So now it looks like i'll be branching out to two builds, hopefully repurposing parts from my current build to keep cost down. I havent decided on a cooler, but i do like the noctua nh-l9x65 for compatibility reasons. Why does it go against recommendations though?

Same answer as upwards, nasty turbulence noise. Maybe rather going with a Cryorig C7 Cu and stamping 92mm Noctua fan on top of it.

johnttam

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 26, 2018

http://www.louqe.com/files/heatsink_test_ghost_s1_MkII.pdf

exactly as B14CKB1RD said, its meant to be a bit noisy, its a shame as i think it looks great.

Also since im planning on going ryzen, im a little worried the 105w of the 2700x would be too much to dissipate...

what with gpu prices atm i will probably be hanging onto my 970, but i think i bought the only version that DOESNT fit in the ghost (Gigabyte g1 gaming) ...

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
Honestly slack add on discussion is getting so annoying. All of it ultimately just delays production.. to a lot of us the initial kickstarter prototype was very modular and future proof, now people just want more and needless discussion just to decide one 4-8 drilled holes on the top grill for 2 possible future add on (handles etc) that didn't even draw that much interest to begin with.

Would be nice to just release this version that is future proof enough, and leave people the option of either drilling the holes themselves when they get their handles or getting an additional grill. Sorry for the rant, I get having options, but this is too much and especially over a platform like slack, people are just taking the piss and nitpicking. Just want the case already :>

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Honestly slack add on discussion is getting so annoying. All of it ultimately just delays production.. to a lot of us the initial kickstarter prototype was very modular and future proof, now people just want more and needless discussion just to decide one 4-8 drilled holes on the top grill for 2 possible future add on (handles etc) that didn't even draw that much interest to begin with.

Would be nice to just release this version that is future proof enough, and leave people the option of either drilling the holes themselves when they get their handles or getting an additional grill. Sorry for the rant, I get having options, but this is too much and especially over a platform like slack, people are just taking the piss and nitpicking. Just want the case already :>

i agree...people have become obsessed with immaginary possible future add on...
this reminds me of people getting huge full towers with oversized PSU because of "just in case i do an upgrade in the future"...upgrades that they will never do anyway.

those extra holes are just making the case uglier for add on that most of the comunity will never buy anyway...and btw they where voted out already in december

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
^Exactly!! They were voted out before, and handles were not a priority or hotly wanted add on. Not a fan of them bringing it on back into discussion when it was voted out earlier by initial backers, it seems the ones who are having their input now are 'slacker backers' joined with the few who voted for them earlier on.

I would understand handles on large heavy cases, but small sleek and light itx cases, like why? To reiterate, the greater issue I take with this is that it was already voted out, and now its just potential time wasted figuring this out and compromising a sleek design for the sake of future proofing for an add-on few want, and taking away from production, when this case should've by now been on end ward of production looking to start shipping in May. Design needs to be finalized as originally voted, supplier and manufacturer picked, model released. Addons and any panels should come later. Pacing has been off regrettably, I thought the original kickstarter prototype with the minor gpu and sfx(L) mount adjustments was perfect, no need for all this extra holes here, few mm there, etc, those can come in internal panel upgrades that have these sorted in the future.

Again apologies for the rant, just wanted to have a discussion here in a forum setting, because it is impossible to do so on that platform.

SilQ

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2018
I pre-ordered this case last week. Now i read recent posts and i want tell something:
Please, do not change anything at a look. This case is awsome. No more holes or USB slots or nothing.
This case charm is minimalist look.
Who wants custom water cooling then they can also use the drill. It's not complicated.
All who did pre-order buy this look exactly, they do not want big changes.

Second question is:
This strap, pulling the top cover off. What does that look like?
I like the most sweden flag, but black or white is are also suitable.
In the last pictures it is squared strap not very beautiful. The overall impression is corrupted

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
yes that is the issue...they are going to sell a case different from the one that people have bought...
You didn't *buy* it, though. When you back a product on a crowd funding platform, not only is it subject to change, but all too often nothing comes of it. Thank goodness Louqe is going to deliver.

I understand that people can get upset that it might not be what they expected, but that's the wrong attitude when you're funding something this way. Just my 2c.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
You didn't *buy* it, though. When you back a product on a crowd funding platform, not only is it subject to change, but all too often nothing comes of it. Thank goodness Louqe is going to deliver.

I understand that people can get upset that it might not be what they expected, but that's the wrong attitude when you're funding something this way. Just my 2c.
i know very well what a kickstarter is, that doesn t change the fact that delivering what you were funded to build is the most important thing when starting a new business...

Reactions: SeeFiFo

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
I pre-ordered this case last week. Now i read recent posts and i want tell something:
Please, do not change anything at a look. This case is awsome. No more holes or USB slots or nothing.
This case charm is minimalist look.
Who wants custom water cooling then they can also use the drill. It's not complicated.
All who did pre-order buy this look exactly, they do not want big changes.

Second question is:
This strap, pulling the top cover off. What does that look like?
I like the most sweden flag, but black or white is are also suitable.
In the last pictures it is squared strap not very beautiful. The overall impression is corrupted

The production tools are already made and everything is almost ready for manufacturing, so no worries, there won't be any more big changes to the case. As for the ragtags on the photos, those were just used as an example. We're gonna get 5 different ragtags in the package and one of them is Swedish flag.

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
As a original backer then I would love to have the Swedish Flag.

As of original size and form I still would like to see what the final product will be able to hold as of a CPU cooler.

I have the Noctua L12S but from what I can gather then it wont fit.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Details matter, so it's understandable that small changes can cause annoyance. However, I think the case is fairly stable now, and looks great from what I can see. As a fellow swede, I am really looking forward to get this case delivered and I plan to buy quite a bit of add ons.

I've seen the heated discussion on slack about the extra screw holes on the top grill. Details like these aren't easy, but personally, without thinking excessively about it, I don't mind the extra holes. It's a good option being able to fasten it better, and might be more future proof for certain add ons. If I continue to think about it though... I also haven't had a good experience with magnets.

Last edited:
Reactions: B14CKB1RD

SilQ

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2018
As of original size and form I still would like to see what the final product will be able to hold as of a CPU cooler.

I am interested in this too. I need new cooler.
My old case (Fractal 202) cooler is Xigmatek Janus. Loque told me, Nocuta launch L12 updated version, but what does he look like?
What options are still available?
CPU is Intel 7700. I would like 120mm fan version.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I am interested in this too. I need new cooler.
My old case (Fractal 202) cooler is Xigmatek Janus. Loque told me, Nocuta launch L12 updated version, but what does he look like?
What options are still available?
CPU is Intel 7700. I would like 120mm fan version.

When I scrolled some pages on slack, I think I read that Noctua would relaunch the L12 as is, with no changes. The L12 would be available in limited quantities at select retailers, like Amazon, if I recall correctly.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
The production tools are already made and everything is almost ready for manufacturing, so no worries, there won't be any more big changes to the case. As for the ragtags on the photos, those were just used as an example. We're gonna get 5 different ragtags in the package and one of them is Swedish flag.
removing some holes doesn't require any tool modification...just 5 min of work on the 3d model.

it would actually make production faster and slightly cheaper

Last edited: