Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Thank you. I see two ** in front of the elite ftw 3 ti in the pdf . What strip is it referring to ? That needs to be removed ?

Also I saw the detailed video of jayz two cents building in the ghost and he mentioned having to slightly cut off part of the case corner for his kingpin gpu to fit. Any chance this is being fixed in the production model?

As I've said there's no need to do that anymore. Final updates to the case fixed these issues for EVGA cards like 1080Ti FTW3 or K|NGP|N and made it possible to fit them without any modification (like removal of the LED strip or cutting corners of the case).

Rebel640

Caliper Novice
Mar 29, 2018
As I've said there's no need to do that anymore. Final updates to the case fixed these issues for EVGA cards like 1080Ti FTW3 or K|NGP|N and made it possible to fit them without any modification (like removal of the LED strip or cutting corners of the case).
Thank you, I got on the Slack chan, it seems they've cut up the issue area a bit to make space for FTW3

Reactions: B14CKB1RD

Brandonandon

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2017
In case anyone missed it, Pachalski posted in Hardforum yesterday. I don't want to steal his thunder in this thread, but it's been over a day since he posted there. Here is his post:

"Happy Easter people! Hope you got all the eggs you deserved!

We were hoping to see some samples before Easter but it seems we will wait another couple of days before they turn up. As many of you probably know, in the more risky sourcing categories (aluminium being one, and steel another) we have multiple suppliers left in the process, still in competition. When we have evaluated the different potential suppliers we will be able to present the final finishes to you and let you choose.

Let me assure you that no critical design decisions are being made on Slack where not everyone is represented.

We are preparing a survey regarding the ports in the IO-panel that we will be sent out to every backer (KS and slackers) through e-mail, please vote and make your opinion heard!"
It's good to hear that no critical design decisions are being made on Slack! I still feel like a platform such as Reddit, where you can have a more organized conversation around particular topics, as well as stickied threads containing all the most recent updates, would be a far better choice for dialogue. Hopefully we'll see the updated samples soon!

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Still feel bad for voting 'no' on Facebook. I think Facebook Workplace is more suited platform than Slack in our situation.

couzz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 17, 2017
"1 x 2.5" HDD/SSD, 3 x 2.5” with tray + M.2"

I dont understand that what is the meaning "3 x 2.5” with tray + M.2"

can you explain? it means that you need additional hats to install 3 x 2.5 hdd?

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
"1 x 2.5" HDD/SSD, 3 x 2.5” with tray + M.2"

I dont understand that what is the meaning "3 x 2.5” with tray + M.2"

can you explain? it means that you need additional hats to install 3 x 2.5 hdd?

You can place one 2.5" HDD/SSD below the PSU instead of one 120mm fan, and recently with latest updates one more 2.5" SSD behind the PSU (on the spine itself). If you need moar space for your SSDs you can place 3x of them natively inside one TopHat, but honestly pay attention on cable clutter inside such a small case with all those SSDs inside. Cheers.

Reactions: couzz

couzz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 17, 2017
You can place one 2.5" HDD/SSD below the PSU instead of one 120mm fan, and recently with latest updates one more 2.5" SSD behind the PSU (on the spine itself). If you need moar space for your SSDs you can place 3x of them natively inside one TopHat, but honestly pay attention on cable clutter inside such a small case with all those SSDs inside. Cheers.

So you can add 2 x 2.5" without any hat.Thats what i am looking for.Because i want to use 1 ssd and 1 hdd together.Thank you for the answer.

Reactions: B14CKB1RD

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
I'm still on "YES" =) Let's do it... no history removal and project timelines and video conf, progress statuses etc. It is seriously powerful!
I would rather use reddit than Facebook. I think a fair amount of people would agree, especially after all of the information that has recently come out about the company.

Reactions: SeeFiFo

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I meant the information about Facebook selling data that was then given to Cambridge Analytica. And then their involvement with the Russian influence of the 2016 presidential election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/technology/facebook-cambridge-analytica-explained.html

And it's just becoming more apparent and well known that they don't care at all about anyone's privacy.

follow up: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/04/mark-zuckerberg-will-testify-before-congress-next-week/

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
All those political target or mishandling of user data from Facebook/Cambridge Analytica is industry-wise concern and it happens on all websites, platforms you visited not just Facebook. People tend to over-react in such situations since Facebook is too big and have too many users. I haven't seen any of my friends stopped using Facebook anyway. I am with @PaChalski, all the tools on Facebook Workplace will make it easier not only for the guys at Louqe, but also for us to follow the development.

Reddit is not a bad idea, but there are more restrictions...saying posting photos as one example.

Reactions: EdZ

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
All those political target or mishandling of user data from Facebook/Cambridge Analytica is industry-wise concern and it happens on all websites, platforms you visited not just Facebook. People tend to over-react in such situations since Facebook is too big and have too many users. I haven't seen any of my friends stopped using Facebook anyway. I am with @PaChalski, all the tools on Facebook Workplace will make it easier not only for the guys at Louqe, but also for us to follow the development.

Reddit is not a bad idea, but there are more restrictions...saying posting photos as one example.
I don't agree that it's an over-reaction, but you might be right that most internet companies do similar things. Although the anonymity on Reddit helps in that respect. Simply using Facebook less and giving them less information will help send a message.

Posting photos easy. When commenting photos, they have to be uploaded to a site like imgur first though. Not too hard. I like the way that topic are grouped in specific posts, the voting, and that there are multiple ways to sort the comments. And the sticky threads could be used for the latest project update and polls.

Reactions: SeeFiFo

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
To us it is very valuable to be able to upload photos from the road at a click of a button (low thresholds) that will make the interaction significantly more live. I would like to upload hundreds of photos directly from my phone but with an additional (time consuming) step this will not happen as frequently and take away from other value adding activities.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Expedient communication of ideas and intentions is important, but so is reaching everyone. Sometimes those objectives won't align, hampering your overall effectiveness. Personally I would say that using Imgur as your image host is your best bet, and you can upload from your phone. This will give you the most flexibility in outreach options, because you can embed Imgur just about anywhere and manage the files quite effectively.

Anything particularly pertinent to those interested in the case should be on your site, and the rest should go on forums which your staff moderates to keep out the crap that people say has taken over slack. Not that it's an ideal format, but the Battlescape forums demonstrate the effectiveness of even just weekly updates with pictures of in-progress stuff.

So I guess what I'm saying is that instead of relying solely on 3rd party tools to show what you're up to, you should be using those things to develop a 1st party solution. Social media is great for drawing people in, and I'm sure the Facebook For Workplace tool you've mentioned is great, but I don't think it's going to work well for your consumers. And I want this enterprise to succeed.

Just my 2c.

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
To us it is very valuable to be able to upload photos from the road at a click of a button (low thresholds) that will make the interaction significantly more live. I would like to upload hundreds of photos directly from my phone but with an additional (time consuming) step this will not happen as frequently and take away from other value adding activities.

If you're worrying about uploading photos in comments from mobile, there are 3rd party reddit clients that make that very easy. (Apollo for iOS, I'm not sure for Android though).

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Right now we are on slack because it is limited to backers only. We want this because we paid for this case. If we were on reddit anyone and their mother would be able to give their two cents on the changes to the case that they haven't invested in. With the voting system, nobody's posts would be seen unless they were up voted and it would be alot more disorganized than it is now. With slack we have a centralized platform with all the relevant (and not so relevant) information and a core group of people who actually care.

The slack community voted to stay on slack in January for the reasons listed and then some. For now to keep it just for the backers, let's stay on slack