Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
The way you all assumed it has anything with the ghost_poll channel in Slack is beyond me. It has nothing to do with that whatsoever.
Didn't any of you actually thought it could be the sales data from slacker backers only, meaning color choice from ppl that bought the case over the website, as Patrik's statement says in the first place. Why suddenly jumping to conclusion and blame the Slack or anyone for sharing with you the sales data and customer color choice just to give you a wider perspective? Weird. You guys need to read more carefully next time. :p

It is highly reasonable to suspect that the data comes from a Slack poll, since this is where most or all statistical data appears to come from. Also, a recent poll ought to be closer to the truth than whatever anybody decided to go for when they placed the order, since it has been clear for a long time that the color choice can change at any time up until it's actually finalized, close to when the final production order is placed.

I fail to see how this reasoning is "weird".

Slack won't let me see any poll whatsoever, and there's no way in hell I'd pay for that "privilege".

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
It is highly reasonable to suspect that the data comes from a Slack poll, since this is where most or all statistical data appears to come from. Also, a recent poll ought to be closer to the truth than whatever anybody decided to go for when they placed the order, since it has been clear for a long time that the color choice can change at any time up until it's actually finalized, close to when the final production order is placed.

I fail to see how this reasoning is "weird".

Why would it come from a Slack poll? Nobody said its from any poll, nor anyone voted on that, not the KS backers nor the slacker backers. Its all statistical sales data on slacker backers color choice who bought the case on the main website. Your comment here is irrelevant cos the original statement clearly says its color options among the slackers, meaning color choice among them and they, as slacker backers, already chose their color with their order over the website. Only KS backers are due for color pick once they receive an email with color and add-on survey.

And its "weird" cos ppl here obviously suffer from an innate tendency to jumping to conclusions and speculation, which is sad tbh. Lets just give the man some breathing room and not "attack" him on his every post. Chill out ppl. Peace out.

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Why would it come from a Slack poll? Nobody said its from any poll, nor anyone voted on that, not the KS backers nor the slacker backers. Its all statistical sales data on slacker backers color choice who bought the case on the main website. Your comment here is irrelevant cos the original statement clearly says its color options among the slackers, meaning color choice among them and they, as slacker backers, already chose their color with their order over the website. Only KS backers are due for color pick once they receive an email with color and add-on survey.

And its "weird" cos ppl here obviously suffer from an innate tendency to jumping to conclusions and speculation, which is sad tbh. Lets just give the man some breathing room and not "attack" him on his every post. Chill out ppl. Peace out.

“Regarding the color options the split among slackers is currently:
4:2:1 (Ash:Arctic:Limestone)

Surprising” - from Patrick’s recent post.

People tend to assume when there are very little to no updates given. On one of the forums that helped get the project to where it is. Updates here are a "quote from someone on a different forum who heard on Slack." A he-said she-said thing. Actual backers just want more updates and activity on one of the forums that helped get it off the ground. When there's little to nothing, you get assumptions.

People are irked that it feels like we are forced to use Slack to receive updates or that the product they paid money for is being decided without their input. Many funders spent money and signed on to back this project through these channels (SFF, hardforum, etc.) yet these places are the last to know any details or changes. That shouldn't be the case.

You may follow the updates on Slack. But the problem still lies that not everyone does. It's a clusterfuck that resembles an AOL public chatroom circa 1997 and it turns several people off using it. Now people on Slack will always comment saying "You can just follow the thread you want and only get the important information." The problem there is that many will follow all the Slack threads because they don't want to miss out on something important said in one thread that doesn't show up in the one it's supposed to.

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
Im personally getting the White one with Black top grill. I love the White and Black color scheme.

I had a question about dust filters. Will they be provided with the first batch of Ghosts? Also is there an option for an internal bottom one. I don't want to be able to clearly see my inside components (just my OCD)

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
The 4:2:1 split is based off of sales date from slacker backers. To me this is'n that surprising but I would have thought that it would have been more even between Arctic and Limestone.

The first supplier just sent us the samples and we expect to have them in our hands early next week, then we'll be able to share all the details about the finishes more precisely and also start sharing the 3D-model.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
The problem there is that many will follow all the Slack threads because they don't want to miss out on something important said in one thread that doesn't show up in the one it's supposed to.
as with anything online: beware information hunger of self. internet compulsion is a thing

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
The 4:2:1 split is based off of sales date from slacker backers. To me this is'n that surprising but I would have thought that it would have been more even between Arctic and Limestone.

The first supplier just sent us the samples and we expect to have them in our hands early next week, then we'll be able to share all the details about the finishes more precisely and also start sharing the 3D-model.

I have the Ash version and tophat set on pre-order. Will shipping be in May? I just concerned that samples are still being sent, when surely production, packing etc should have started?

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
I have the Ash version and tophat set on pre-order. Will shipping be in May? I just concerned that samples are still being sent, when surely production, packing etc should have started?
They can't start production until they have reviewed the samples and decided which of their competing suppliers to go with for the production of all the cases.

What I'm curious about is their potential use of Gen4 PCIe cables. They said they might delay the shipping to use them based on the results of some tests which we haven't heard the results for yet.

92MPAU

Cable Smoosher
Dec 12, 2017

Here’s my anticipated timeline. I know nothing so you can take this all as bs, but it’s what I’m personally expecting.

April: All production samples received;
May: Production photos released and surveys for final delivery sent to backers. Final changes made and locked in;
June: Production;
July (early): Dispatch.

Reactions: SeeFiFo

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017

We now have a tracking number on the shipment from the first Aluminum supplier, and deliver of it is estimated to April 16, the second Aluminum supplier needs another week to finish the products. In total there are 13 categories of suppliers, (PCB, silicon, alu, steel, fabric, packaging, foam, screews etc) but the alu suppliers have the toughest job and are defining the critical timeline. After reviewing and deciding which of the two aluminum supplier to go with we are looking at 6 weeks of manufacturing time + 1 week packaging and shipping. June is a better estimate right now.

They can't start production until they have reviewed the samples and decided which of their competing suppliers to go with for the production of all the cases.

What I'm curious about is their potential use of Gen4 PCIe cables. They said they might delay the shipping to use them based on the results of some tests which we haven't heard the results for yet.

The discussions with Samtec regarding the new riser is still alive but we won't be able to have that ready in time for when the rest of the components are done so we are not changing it at this point. We have received a first prototype but not bothered testing it because it is 50mm long and gen2 - so we don't really see the point. A full length prototype is being manufactured right now for us to test the Gen 4 standard.

But with more time at our hands we will likely include more suppliers in a structured procurement process and not stress through it.

IIRC, the 3M risers are already PCIe 4.0 ready. Not sure if that applies to other twin-ax based risers though.

Li-heat and 3M both should be able to handle it.

Here’s my anticipated timeline. I know nothing so you can take this all as bs, but it’s what I’m personally expecting.

April: All production samples received;
May: Production photos released and surveys for final delivery sent to backers. Final changes made and locked in;
June: Production;
July (early): Dispatch.

Let's hope we can beat that!

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
We now have a tracking number on the shipment from the first Aluminum supplier, and deliver of it is estimated to April 16, the second Aluminum supplier needs another week to finish the products. In total there are 13 categories of suppliers, (PCB, silicon, alu, steel, fabric, packaging, foam, screews etc) but the alu suppliers have the toughest job and are defining the critical timeline. After reviewing and deciding which of the two aluminum supplier to go with we are looking at 6 weeks of manufacturing time + 1 week packaging and shipping. June is a better estimate right now.

The discussions with Samtec regarding the new riser is still alive but we won't be able to have that ready in time for when the rest of the components are done so we are not changing it at this point. We have received a first prototype but not bothered testing it because it is 50mm long and gen2 - so we don't really see the point. A full length prototype is being manufactured right now for us to test the Gen 4 standard.

But with more time at our hands we will likely include more suppliers in a structured procurement process and not stress through it.

Li-heat and 3M both should be able to handle it.

Let's hope we can beat that!
Lets hope so too. I was looking forward to receiving the item in May. July is way off.

Reactions: Rebel640

vseddie

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys, I've ordered the case with a large top hat but I'm still undecided on which way to go about cooling. I live in Australia and ambient temps in my house get up to around 30deg Celsius.

Planning on running an 8700k with GTX 1080 TI.

Trying to decide between a 3 fan graphics card or blower style card with a 240 AIO for CPU or something like a EVGA Hybrid that runs a 120 AIO and another 120 AIO for the CPU.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks :)

Last edited:

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Hi guys, I've ordered the case with a large top hat but I'm still undecided on which way to go about cooling. I live in Australia and ambient temps in my house get up to around 30deg Celsius.

Planning on running an 8700k with GTX 1080 TI.

Trying to decide between a 3 fan graphics card or blower style card with a 240 AIO for CPU or something like a EVGA Hybrid that runs a 120 AIO and another 120 AIO for the CPU.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks :)

If your going to OC your CPU, I'd advise go with a 240 AIO and a 3fan open cooler GPU like EVGA FTW3 or similar. Ghost is designed for big open fan GPU coolers to get the best possible results, so don't be afraid to use it. Ppl tend to go with FE editions cards but you'll get much better thermals and acoustics with an open style GPUs.

Reactions: vseddie

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018

Hi, I'm very interested in this case and I've been following this forum for a long time. Would you be willing to release the 3D files publicly? It will be easier for potential buyers like me, who have some preexisting custom water-cooling equipment, to decided if our preexisting components will fit and what else to buy if the originals don't fit.

Thanks

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
If your going to OC your CPU, I'd advise go with a 240 AIO and a 3fan open cooler GPU like EVGA FTW3 or similar. Ghost is designed for big open fan GPU coolers to get the best possible results, so don't be afraid to use it. Ppl tend to go with FE editions cards but you'll get much better thermals and acoustics with an open style GPUs.
I second that. I have already have a 1080 FTW and NZXT 240 AIO. Should work nicely. Open style GPU may increase AIO thermals by about 2c max, but the GPU will still run way cooler and quieter under load

Reactions: vseddie

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's not common but still understandible why someone would ask for a (simple) 3D model to plan their watercooling build. If ever sharing plans, just give a very simple Sketchup file with some "EXAMPLE" extrusions here and there (bent around multiple panels for example).

Please keep it civil, we severely frown upon toxicity like this. I removed two posts for this.

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
It's not common but still understandible why someone would ask for a (simple) 3D model to plan their watercooling build. If ever sharing plans, just give a very simple Sketchup file with some "EXAMPLE" extrusions here and there (bent around multiple panels for example).

Please keep it civil, we severely frown upon toxicity like this. I removed two posts for this.

I am sorry if I caused any confusion. @Phuncz is right, any file that details the exact internal dimensions would do.
I know its not common but considering the price for this case with no return policy... I don't want to be stuck between wasting 200 euros or spending another 200 for new water cooling parts. If most of my things won't fit I'll have to come back 2-3 years down :(.

Thanks

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Hey guys, for all of you not lurking on Slack, here's some sample photos for ya! Cheers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhhv4btzfbg5xw4/ghost_sample_all.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhjncdf8xvtrjbn/ghost_sample_b&w_copper_grill.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0u1twdb2elq6gz/ghost_sample_arctic_copper.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbgvj0hq7wljkwx/ghost_sample_feet.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k6afaevj8m4v9g/ghost_sample_SSDbracket.jpg?dl=0