Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Got my loop altogether and just did some benchmarks. I have a delidded 8700k running 4.4 - 4.6 GHz 1.20v and running Prime95 max temps were 55C which is a full 20C improvement over my BS2. Played some Metro Exodus and max GPU temp was 45C, ran 83C with the stock cooler and was incredibly loud. This is with my Noctuas only running at 750 rpm so everything is very quiet.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Got my loop altogether and just did some benchmarks. I have a delidded 8700k running 4.4 - 4.6 GHz 1.20v and running Prime95 max temps were 55C which is a full 20C improvement over my BS2. Played some Metro Exodus and max GPU temp was 45C, ran 83C with the stock cooler and was incredibly loud. This is with my Noctuas only running at 750 rpm so everything is very quiet.
Those are amazing temps. I’m not familiar with the swifttech res/radiator units. Which one are you using?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Those are amazing temps. I’m not familiar with the swifttech res/radiator units. Which one are you using?

MCRx20-QP Res Rev 2, I had previously owned a Swiftech H220-X and it had very decent performance. From what I have read Swiftech has decent, but not the best, radiators. I got this one for the built in reservoir.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks! Does the built in res make it easier for filling and bleeding the loop ?

Was easy to fill, has a fill port on top and side so should also be easy to drain. I rotated the case several times while leak testing and there don't seem to be any air bubbles, least it doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: Nanook

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
just have all my cable sleeved and still waiting for my cpu block pump combo.
Here is my new loop design.

Cables look great, I have a set coming from @pslate and can't wait. What block/pump are you going with?

I did some further testing and also played with my fan curves. In my initial tests yesterday the fans were only at 750 rpm but the pump was still using a fairly aggressive fan curve from my air cooled settings. This pump is pretty quiet as long as I keep it below 4000 rpm so I lowered the curve for the pump but raised it for the fans. I should also point out that testing yesterday was done with the AC on and an ambient of about 20C. Below is current testing with Prime95.

So max temp of 60C with pump at 3200 rpm and fans at 950 rpm. Looks like time for an overclock. ;)

Reactions: Engr62 and Nanook

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
Cables look great, I have a set coming from @pslate and can't wait. What block/pump are you going with?

I did some further testing and also played with my fan curves. In my initial tests yesterday the fans were only at 750 rpm but the pump was still using a fairly aggressive fan curve from my air cooled settings. This pump is pretty quiet as long as I keep it below 4000 rpm so I lowered the curve for the pump but raised it for the fans. I should also point out that testing yesterday was done with the AC on and an ambient of about 20C. Below is current testing with Prime95.

So max temp of 60C with pump at 3200 rpm and fans at 950 rpm. Looks like time for an overclock. ;)
It’s a custom designed pump block combo using a ddc pump. I have picture in my previous post.

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Got my custom cables from @pslate, which look fantastic btw. When I went to install them I realized that with the loop at the bottom I was going to have to pull most of it apart in order to get at the PSU and the cables, add that to the fact that I was never entirely comfortable with having the res/radiator below the pump. So I decided to move everything to the top, I am using Deepcool Gamer Storm 20mm fans which I already had but I really wanted to use the Chromax.

I am really happy with the way it came out, tube routing works much better.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016

Got my custom cables from @pslate, which look fantastic btw. When I went to install them I realized that with the loop at the bottom I was going to have to pull most of it apart in order to get at the PSU and the cables, add that to the fact that I was never entirely comfortable with having the res/radiator below the pump. So I decided to move everything to the top, I am using Deepcool Gamer Storm 20mm fans which I already had but I really wanted to use the Chromax.

I am really happy with the way it came out, tube routing works much better.
Looking great!
I saw a video on negative pressure in the Ghost, so I just moved back to this case. Two M top hats, each with two 120mm exhaust fans CPU cooler is L12 with 120mm intake. VLP ram. Actually working great so far with a mild limit of 150w. Stock core multipliers. I was running Keyshot renderings at 70s earlier.

Reactions: fabio and rfarmer

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
I've seen pictures of the Ghost S1 in Ash with the copper grill, and it looks great. Does anyone have a build with an Ash case with a nickel grill? I'd love to see a photo of this configuration.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Louqe will be refunding all US customers on 5/29 without cases, and will officially launch on Amazon.com by 5/30. (10% discount for 30 days after Amazon.com launch)

Reactions: Nanook

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Louqe will be refunding all US customers on 5/29 without cases, and will officially launch on Amazon.com by 5/30. (10% discount for 30 days after Amazon.com launch)

it's almost impressive that they are still having these issues. almost.

Reactions: D10S

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017

"Louqe has, is and will always commit customer promise. Challenge the expectations of pc hardware."

Clearly they always committed the product they promised... I was expecting they would be a bit more humble and have a more down to earth mentality after all this time. But they keep living in the same fairytale cloud as always...

Reactions: kviker and D10S

Tobware

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2018
I ordered from the EU on February 28th, do I have any chance of seeing it delivered?

The situation for the EU orders is any better?