Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Ghost is compatible with Corsair Dominator RGB DIMMs and the Asus ROG Ryuo 240mm AIO!

Viperrros

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
Check out this build just posted on [H]ard, fully water cooled Ghost S1 with hard tubing. This thing is way, way too cool.
That build is just incredible! True inspiration.

I just ordered a tophat from a local dealer (4 day delivery time:-)) with the intention to add a 240 mm AIO. But after seeing this build I know what the next step is!!!

Viperrros

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019

I found this video on Reddit when I was looking at custom cables for my Ghost. Thing I found interesting was the cooler setup this guy is using. He has a bottom mounted medium tophat with a 120mm AIO mounted with a slim Noctua fan, he put it on the PSU side so the fan sits in the cutout under the PSU.
Indeed an interesting use of the space and also with the AIO in the buttom. I have been thinking this must be a good way to pull in fresh air even to an 240 mm AIO in a tophat (placed in the buttom). Something I wanted to try out myself.

It seems he has also added some larger feet to create a bit more space for airflow.

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Indeed an interesting use of the space and also with the AIO in the buttom. I have been thinking this must be a good way to pull in fresh air even to an 240 mm AIO in a tophat (placed in the buttom). Something I wanted to try out myself.

It seems he has also added some larger feet to create a bit more space for airflow.

I have some new case feet coming today, I am sure the ones included with the Ghost are too low to provide much airflow.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Did Louqe sell the Ghost S1 with any color top grills other than black, nickel, or copper? I purchased a second-hand Ghost S1 in pangaea, and its grill is white. The seller claimed it came that way, but the paint job looks a little shoddy (it's very uneven, and there are scraps with copper showing through).

There is no white top grill option on their website currently.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Did Louqe sell the Ghost S1 with any color top grills other than black, nickel, or copper? I purchased a second-hand Ghost S1 in pangaea, and its grill is white. The seller claimed it came that way, but the paint job looks a little shoddy (it's very uneven, and there are scraps with copper showing through).

Sounds like he tried to paint it. Failed and sold it. They never shipped anything in white.

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018

This guy definitely painted his top grill. I did receive a defective top grill and I was planning to have it painted (I do have an airbrush system). However, After building the case, I found there's literally no gap between the side panel and the top grill. So I gave up my plan and RMAed my top grill.

Reactions: Engr62

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
I have some new case feet coming today, I am sure the ones included with the Ghost are too low to provide much airflow.
I did the exact same thing and I found with side panel removed, my 8700k with L12 runs 10 degree C lower than the temperature with the side panel.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I did the exact same thing and I found with side panel removed, my 8700k with L12 runs 10 degree C lower than the temperature with the side panel.

Do you have a top hat with exhaust fans? If I was sticking to air cooling in mine I would go that route.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Sounds like he tried to paint it. Failed and sold it. They never shipped anything in white.
This guy definitely painted his top grill. I did receive a defective top grill and I was planning to have it painted (I do have an airbrush system). However, After building the case, I found there's literally no gap between the side panel and the top grill. So I gave up my plan and RMAed my top grill.

Thanks for the replies. If I can find someone that has a black grill that they aren't using that they can sell me shipped to 37918 fairly cheap, I'll keep the case. Otherwise, I guess I'll return it. I'm afraid to try to strip the paint from the copper grill--I'm afraid it would cause the grill to discolor.

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
Do you have a top hat with exhaust fans? If I was sticking to air cooling in mine I would go that route.
currently I do not have any tophat installed. but when I put the tophat on as exhaust it does absolutely nothing to the temperature with my L12 blowing air down to the CPU. So, since the L12 get the air straight from the side panel then I believe neither the intake nor exhaust fan at tophat will help temperature

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
My GPU block arrives tomorrow so I have everything I need for my loop. Started prepping my build, installed the Swiftech Apogee Drive II and have the radiator setup. Nice thing is now I can install that sexy TridentZ ram.

As you can see in the image below with the Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters there is plenty of room for the Apogee in the Ghost.

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016
Ye i know, it seems to kill the point of the res in the radiator when having it as the lowest point of your loop tbh

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Ye i know, it seems to kill the point of the res in the radiator when having it as the lowest point of your loop tbh

Oh I totally agree, I wanted to have at the top but it is 2 mm too tall for the top hat and the top panel won't fit properly. It works at the bottom though.

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016
Oh I totally agree, I wanted to have at the top but it is 2 mm too tall for the top hat and the top panel won't fit properly. It works at the bottom though.

Yee, i just bought the exact same radiator for my custom loop rebuild!
Im gonna place it on top with 15mm fans then it Will fit like a glove ?