Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

SoadiePops

Cable Smoosher
Jun 3, 2019
I wonder Louqe decided to try to handle sales and whatnot via their own website and then use Amazon for shipping in the US, why wouldn't they just use Amazon or a similar established retailer for everything?

Semi related, the My Ghost page on Louqe's site claims the serial number for the Ghost I received from Amazon has already been registered by another user. I emailed Louqe about it, I hope they didn't send me a return or something. Or maybe their website is just broken lol.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Louqe has a fantastic design and engineering team, but that's where the talent stops. Their logistical and PR skills are a complete joke. But that really speaks for how great their design and engineering is considering how sought after this case is... even after all of the blunders they've had. Personally, I've talked mad shit about them on a regular basis, and yet I'm typing this post while admiring my Ghost that is housing the hardware that makes it possible, haha.

Takosabi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 4, 2019
I wonder Louqe decided to try to handle sales and whatnot via their own website and then use Amazon for shipping in the US, why wouldn't they just use Amazon or a similar established retailer for everything?

Semi related, the My Ghost page on Louqe's site claims the serial number for the Ghost I received from Amazon has already been registered by another user. I emailed Louqe about it, I hope they didn't send me a return or something. Or maybe their website is just broken lol.

Similar thing happened to me. The registration site told me my serial was invalid. So I think something is wrong with their system.

Reactions: SoadiePops

Takosabi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 4, 2019

Got my custom cables from @pslate, which look fantastic btw. When I went to install them I realized that with the loop at the bottom I was going to have to pull most of it apart in order to get at the PSU and the cables, add that to the fact that I was never entirely comfortable with having the res/radiator below the pump. So I decided to move everything to the top, I am using Deepcool Gamer Storm 20mm fans which I already had but I really wanted to use the Chromax.

I am really happy with the way it came out, tube routing works much better.

Does the top hat actually fit correctly? I ran into this rad/pump the other day when trying to figure out what setup I wanted to run but it seems from the spec diagram that it was just a tiny bit too tall. It sort of looks like in your picture that only the fill port sits a bit too high though, so maybe a more flush mount would work?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Does the top hat actually fit correctly? I ran into this rad/pump the other day when trying to figure out what setup I wanted to run but it seems from the spec diagram that it was just a tiny bit too tall. It sort of looks like in your picture that only the fill port sits a bit too high though, so maybe a more flush mount would work?

Those are actually 20mm fans, with 25mm fans it is 2mm taller than the tophat. The top grill does rest just slightly on the fill port. If I had to do this again I would get a 240mm radiator with fittings on both sides and not bother with a reservoir.

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
My hardware labs rad fits perfectly. There is just 1mm clearance in height.

Takosabi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 4, 2019
My hardware labs rad fits perfectly. There is just 1mm clearance in height.

No fill ports on the rad though right? What are you using as a pump? My initial idea was to find a pump/rad combo for at least 1 top hat. (I have 2 larges. Planning on both being rads for cpu/gpu) If I could find one. I was thinking I could maximize the space since there seems to be a little extra room length wise. That SwiftTech one showed up in my searches, which lead me here.

Second idea was to find some sort of small pump to mount to the spine on the GPU side. (I have the 1080ti mini, so there is quite a bit of open room. But I originally wanted to mount some storage there if possible.)

So far my fallback seems to be the Apogee Drive II.

I'm just uncertain on which way to go I guess. First time watercooling such a small case. Smallest I've ever done is a mid-towers, which had way more room. ?

Takosabi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 4, 2019
Those are actually 20mm fans, with 25mm fans it is 2mm taller than the tophat. The top grill does rest just slightly on the fill port. If I had to do this again I would get a 240mm radiator with fittings on both sides and not bother with a reservoir.

So even if there were ways to make it clear, you wouldn't bother? What would have used as a pump instead?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So even if there were ways to make it clear, you wouldn't bother? What would have used as a pump instead?

I would still use the Swiftech Apogee, only problem with it is potential problems with fittings being too tall. I used these Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters and they gave me enough clearance.

You could also use the Alphacool pump/block combo.

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
No fill ports on the rad though right? What are you using as a pump? My initial idea was to find a pump/rad combo for at least 1 top hat. (I have 2 larges. Planning on both being rads for cpu/gpu) If I could find one. I was thinking I could maximize the space since there seems to be a little extra room length wise. That SwiftTech one showed up in my searches, which lead me here.

Second idea was to find some sort of small pump to mount to the spine on the GPU side. (I have the 1080ti mini, so there is quite a bit of open room. But I originally wanted to mount some storage there if possible.)

So far my fallback seems to be the Apogee Drive II.

I'm just uncertain on which way to go I guess. First time watercooling such a small case. Smallest I've ever done is a mid-towers, which had way more room. ?
I used a t fitting at one end of the rad which functions as an fill port.

gkl

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2019
Hey, maybe someone has experience with this. I'm trying to remove the RGB strip from Evga 1080ti FTW3 so it would fit without a tophat, but honestly I'm kinda stumped how should i proceed. Is it held on by the three tabs? I'm just concerned not to snap either the strip or the shroud...

Reactions: D10S

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
Hey, maybe someone has experience with this. I'm trying to remove the RGB strip from Evga 1080ti FTW3 so it would fit without a tophat, but honestly I'm kinda stumped how should i proceed. Is it held on by the three tabs? I'm just concerned not to snap either the strip or the shroud...

A new gpu is born: EVGA 1080 TI WTF ! ?
(sorry mate i can't help you...but this made me laugh!)

Takosabi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 4, 2019
I would still use the Swiftech Apogee, only problem with it is potential problems with fittings being too tall. I used these Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters and they gave me enough clearance.

You could also use the Alphacool pump/block combo.

Alphacool pump seems to weak to GPU, CPU, Dual 240 Rad. Hence my leaning towards the Apogee unit. What do you think?

Reactions: SoadiePops

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
I would suggest lightly heat up those tabs. To around 90 degree c so the glue melt. Like how you open up phone these day.

JcAa

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 6, 2018
hi
Today i have build the Ghost s1 myself and must say that i am really happy with this case.

I have a Ghost S1 with Large tophat mountet at the bottom
Running 2 x 120 AIO, one for CPU and one for GPU (will be using kraken G12 bracket)
Using Corsair H60 v2 on CPU and H55 on GPU. To make this fit, i needed to place them with a little overlap on each other.

Pictures of build

Last edited:
Reactions: EitchAreEl

EitchAreEl

What's an ITX?
Jun 3, 2019
hi
Today i have build the Ghost s1 myself and must say that i am really happy with this case.

I have a Ghost S1 with Large tophat mountet at the bottom
Running 2 x 120 AIO, one for CPU and one for GPU (will be using kraken G12 bracket)
Using Corsair H60 v2 on CPU and H55 on GPU. To make this fit, i needed to place them with a little overlap on each other.

Pictures of build

Much exciting! This is excactly what I'm planning to do myself in the coming months. Going from R6 to Ghost. I'm running the G12 right now but I've been measuring the graphics PCB + G12-bracket and it seems to be about 1-2 mm too large for the Ghost. I really really hope I'm wrong though. You have to give this a follow up. Did it fit or not?

JcAa

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 6, 2018
Much exciting! This is excactly what I'm planning to do myself in the coming months. Going from R6 to Ghost. I'm running the G12 right now but I've been measuring the graphics PCB + G12-bracket and it seems to be about 1-2 mm too large for the Ghost. I really really hope I'm wrong though. You have to give this a follow up. Did it fit or not?
The bracket did not fit the mounting holes for the new gpu. I am replacing the gpu tomorrow and will give you an update when installed

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
I really don't like how you have to use these protruding screws on the top when using a bottom extension... I would like to see an update with flush screws on the top. Or perhaps a way to screw in the side panels from the bottom extension? This is not good at all. I'm not going to buy this.

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same,
There's a pink one and a green one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

Last edited: