Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

DreaMworX

Efficiency Noob
Apr 12, 2019

Compared to January the price just went up 7€. Shipping is now included and this case is worth every cent!

I run a stock aircooled 2700X, also 105W, with a Noctua NH-L12S. It runs stable with no overheating. I didn't do any stresstest but ingame I crossed 75°C once and my fancurve is also the standard one of the Asus Strix X470-I. You can set it higher or mount two 120 fans that are controlled by the cpu temp, just like me. I mounted them in the pull configuration to suck the air out of the case. That way I never crossed 65°C.
If it stays at 105W the Ryzen 3XXX with the Zen 2 architecture (that's what you meant?) also should fit the case.

The top mouting plate is included and one is at the bottom.

You are right, the price is more or less the same. Louqe has some glitch with their e-commerce platform. This is the reply they sent me:

With regards to web store prices, there seems to be some sort of temporary glitch with the Shopify client. If you go to Cart and then further to Checkout, you will see those prices are now in USD with a Free Shipping. So in total this is now cheaper than it was before!

hope this helps anyone who was deterred by the change in price

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
Is there a difference between the color of the pangea case? Dude on ebay posted a pic selling his top hat which was clearly a more vivid green than the batch one case. wtf is up with the consistency here?

Yes, there's a difference. Cousin has a batch 1 Pangaea, brother has a batch 2 (they swapped due to time constraints). Batch 2 Pangaea is much more green. I personally prefer the subtlety of the batch 1 more.

Reactions: B14CKB1RD

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
CNC’d the venting holes out of a sidepanel, and now there’s a hole. Going to design a plexiglass sidepanel with a witty or cool or whatever design, and put that in its place. I’d only like for the silver/grey aluminium where the sidepanel was CNC’d to be the same copper colour as the grill. Anyone a lead how I could pull that off?

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018

rfarmer I just got the Limestone / Silver, I think it's anodized base with some sort of coating to get the color. Which makes the surface more rough to the touch than pure anodizing, but I don't know for sure.

Any one has both Ash / Black and Limestone / Silver can compare the two finishes to the touch?
Damn jealous, i did not know new Lime looks almost white, thats cool

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

I found this video on Reddit when I was looking at custom cables for my Ghost. Thing I found interesting was the cooler setup this guy is using. He has a bottom mounted medium tophat with a 120mm AIO mounted with a slim Noctua fan, he put it on the PSU side so the fan sits in the cutout under the PSU.

Reactions: Nanook and Engr62

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018

I found this video on Reddit when I was looking at custom cables for my Ghost. Thing I found interesting was the cooler setup this guy is using. He has a bottom mounted medium tophat with a 120mm AIO mounted with a slim Noctua fan, he put it on the PSU side so the fan sits in the cutout under the PSU.

Nice! Thanks for linking the video @rfarmer. I may have to go that route if I can't find a Noctua NH-L12 for my Ryzen 7 1800X when I get my Ghost S1.

By the way, I noticed he had a lot of trouble stuffing the 24-pin cable in there. These are obviously cables from pslatecustoms.com. I wonder if these are the ones Phil makes specifically for the Ghost S1 because the 24-pin cable looks a little longer that what he shows on his website. The PCIe cables look perfect, though.

I got a set of Phil's cables for my NCASE M1, and I cannot recommend them enough! But, they are pricey. Not overpriced--once you start pricing out all of the supplies. However, a full set can cost nearly as much as some of these boutique cases.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nice! Thanks for linking the video @rfarmer. I may have to go that route if I can't find a Noctua NH-L12 for my Ryzen 7 1800X when I get my Ghost S1.

By the way, I noticed he had a lot of trouble stuffing the 24-pin cable in there. These are obviously cables from pslatecustoms.com. I wonder if these are the ones Phil makes specifically for the Ghost S1 because the 24-pin cable looks a little longer that what he shows on his website. The PCIe cables look perfect, though.

I got a set of Phil's cables for my NCASE M1, and I cannot recommend them enough! But, they are pricey. Not overpriced--once you start pricing out all of the supplies. However, a full set can cost nearly as much as some of these boutique cases.

I am waiting for him to open up orders. My 8 pin EPS and PCI cables are fine but I really want one of his 24 pin cables and the dual SATA power cable.

Reactions: Engr62

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
Just some update for my setup Question. Does anyone know any super slim ddc pump top? the thickness should be around 20mm. I found bitspower one is just 2mm too thick without a bottom top hat (I feel like with both large top hat on top and bottom the case does not look good enough for me).

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
An update to my loop setting.
A fill port will be fitted at very top of the loop with an air bleed valve.
Just custom designed DDC pump block combo. (still waiting for delivery) I found none of the pump top on the market fit underneath the SFX power supply without a top hat at the bottom. I do have another tophat but the case does not look nice with both tophat fitted to the top and bottom.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
An update to my loop setting.
A fill port will be fitted at very top of the loop with an air bleed valve.
Just custom designed DDC pump block combo. (still waiting for delivery) I found none of the pump top on the market fit underneath the SFX power supply without a top hat at the bottom. I do have another tophat but the case does not look nice with both tophat fitted to the top and bottom.

Looking very good, nice job with your connections. That pump/block combo looks great.

Here is a picture with my radiator and fans mounted. I had to bottom mount because the radiator + fans = 59mm which doesn't allow the top to fit properly. There is a very small gap below the top hat but you can't tell.

Fortunately I am not using the 240mm fan filter from my Ncase and it attaches below the fans on the Ghost perfectly.