Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Saici

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2017
How do you know Louqe broke all communication? Also, Jay didn't review the Ghost S1; he only received a prototype and gave his first impressions. He also mentioned that he was going to do a full custom watercooled build in the Ghost S1, which he so far has not done.

Because Loque was going to send him a full case in which he intended to the the full custom watercooled build, which so far they have not done, so he scrapped the idea.
He mentioned it in one of his live streams, might have been Tech Talk.
Can't provide a link (I'm lazy), which is why I put allegedly in front, but multiple people probably heard him say it, so if somebody wanna back me up on this?

Stating Jay didn't review the S1 because he only reviewed the production prototype is like real anal.
But yea, no Ghost S1 review because he doesn't have the case it is then.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Because Loque was going to send him a full case in which he intended to the the full custom watercooled build, which so far they have not done, so he scrapped the idea.
Can't provide a link (I'm lazy), which is why I put allegedly in front, but multiple people probably heard him say it, so if somebody wanna back me up on this?

I remember watching that livestream. He was not happy. Must have been a techtalk episode, he just replied to a question in chat asking after the case.

He promised his viewers a watercooled ITX build in a Ghost S1, was promised top hats by Louqe, who then did not follow up or reply to his messages. He felt they had taken advantage of him. I can believe that, given communication is not one of Louqe's strong points.

Reactions: Saici

rommel671

Trash Compacter
Aug 2, 2018
I remember watching that livestream. He was not happy. Must have been a techtalk episode, he just replied to a question in chat asking after the case.

He promised his viewers a watercooled ITX build in a Ghost S1, was promised top hats by Louqe, who then did not follow up or reply to his messages. He felt they had taken advantage of him. I can believe that, given communication is not one of Louqe's strong points.

Louqe promised him for limestone case, but Louqe said “you’re case will be delayed” hehehe

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Maybe Louqe didn't have another case or other tophats to send to him? Also, has the Sweclockers have shown, doing a custom watercooled loop in the Ghost S1 requires lots of special parts (special GPU terminal bracket, 3D bracket for pump, and custom reservoir). Perhaps this was just too much for Jay? After all, why does he need another Ghost S1 in order to do a custom loop? Did he have to return his prototype? He already had a case with a large tophat.

Stating Jay didn't review the S1 because he only reviewed the production prototype is like real anal.

What I said was: "Jay didn't review the Ghost S1; he only received a prototype and gave his first impressions." Go back and watch the videos. No where did he say that it was a review of the S1. In fact, he mentioned a few times that it was a prototype and the case was subject to change.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
IIRC, Jay wanted a silver case and two large tophats. I don't think he was sent those items because it would've involved a one-off anodising job, since silver was not an available and prototyped colour at the time

Reactions: Beardedswede

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
IIRC, Jay wanted a silver case and two large tophats. I don't think he was sent those items because it would've involved a one-off anodising job, since silver was not an available and prototyped colour at the time
well a silver prototype was actually available as the case sent to Dave was silver and patrick had a silver case in his live Q&A.

btw the real complain of j2c was that the louqe team went radio silence even on him

Last edited:
Reactions: Saici and 92MPAU

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
For everyone in Batch 1 are you planning on waiting for Louqe air filters or will you be purchasing 3rd party ones? If third party do you have any recommendations as I'm someone that is always aware of what dust can do to a system especially one as compact as this.

I have not ordered, just planning to.
This guys to for Dan case and Ncase M1.
https://www.demcifilter.com/demcifl...-for-dan-case-a4-sfx-internal-dust-filter-kit
should fit, but doublecheck the measurements.

The airflow will be slightly limited. And the case is pretty easy to open and just clean with air.

There are quite a few people planning on using the new warm intel CPU’s and figured that it was easier to just slide out a panel and clean it than deal with filters.

My latest rig is a CaseLabs ST10 Merlin chassis sitting atop stacked pedestals (housing the four radiators). This is a behemoth build with many fans. I use Demcifilters exclusively. Even having Demcifilter custom make filters for my needs is customer friendly, especially considering they come all the way from South Africa.

I have run rigs with and without filters. There are several takeaways from this.
1. I will never run a rig without filters again if I have a choice.
2. I have never had my rigs stay so clean
3. I use temperature monitoring and have seen no difference in performance using Demcifilter products
4. Demcifilter filter are pitifully easy to install and maintain (keep clean)

There are very few products and/or companies I openly support, Demcifilter is one of them. That's my experience with these products.

I am awaiting January 2019 to receive my Ghost S1. It will be custom water cooled and demcifiltered.

Last edited:

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018

Jay also hammered Mayhems for a coloration problem with his water cooling rig and it turned out Mayhems was not the problem. I used to watch his channel due to the entertainment value and I didn't see him ever issue an apology to Mayhems. In fairness, eventually Jay did at least admit he was wrong. Mostly because he had to. To my knowledge, he did not apologize.

My point is, we don't know what happened behind the scenes. Jay isn't a putz in general, but he is also not a saint. Until he makes a complete statement of who, how, why and what, where and when and then allows Louqe to respond in kind, to get both sides, none of us truly know the whole story.

Last edited:

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
So they quit their day jobs and started burning through cash before having anything close to a vetted design. That's their fault -- poor timing. We know they have terrible communication skills and constantly over-promise. Last logged in: months ago. No need to expand on that. Watching them iterate on designs, it's clear they lacked an understanding of first principles, despite advertising themselves as industry veterans. Maybe they don't have an experienced engineer on their team. They present data in a format like they've never seen a test report, only marketing brochures. We're not idiots.

By the way, you brought up that one of the big topics of discussion recently was cloning. Did you know about the early backlash where people thought Louqe was cloning the Dan A4? Ironic, right? Despite the clever spine design and slotting, the early version (before the case widening) was an easy stand-in for the A4 when viewed from the outside. The early reception was mixed, to be polite.

None of this would matter if they were honest. People can be forgiving, but this company doesn't pass the smell test.

I genuinely am not sure what your point is anymore. This all started off with your notion that there was something off-putting about them putting in a second batch. Clearly this is going nowhere productive. You believe that Louqe shouldn’t have made a second batch. Myself and some other disagree. No use in beating this dead horse anymore.

And yup, well aware of that. Not sure how it ties in here at all though. Multiple cases that use the same layout were met with that response. I’d say most people ultimately concluded that Dan obviously pioneered the layout, but other cases would inevitably use that layout for volume optimization. Obviously, almost every PC case on the market today uses the same layout.

Now repeatedly comparing yourself to an original design, using photos of that design to work out watercooling, hinting at how you’ll beat “others” to market, and an obvious copy cat exterior is a different story. But let’s save that for a more apropos thread. :)

I have penned many cases similar to Dan Case and the Ghost S1. If I can think of it, Dan Case can think of it, Louqe can think of it, others can and will think of it without having ever seen a realized example. My personal designs were 100% from my own mind. I had not heard of or seen Dan Case or any other SFF case like this. SFF wasn't my thing and still isn't really. I like YYYUUUGGGEEE builds, but I do have need for a SFF build. Louqe has a better design in my opinion the Dan Case.

@ceski Just a thought, if you want to point out how one designer stole from another, it's usually not a great idea to state the unique aspects that make a design differ over what it was supposed to be stole from.

Last edited:

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
My latest rig is a CaseLabs ST10 Merlin chassis sitting atop stacked pedestals (housing the four radiators). This is a behemoth build with many fans. I use Demcifilters exclusively. Even having Demcifilter custom make filters for my needs is customer friendly, especially considering they come all the way from South Africa.

I have run rigs with and without filters. There are several takeaways from this.
1. I will never run a rig without filters again if I have a choice.
2. I have never had my rigs stay so clean
3. I use temperature monitoring and have seen no difference in performance using Demcifilter products
4. Demcifilter filter are pitifully easy to install and maintain (keep clean)

There are very few products and/or companies I openly support, Demcifilter is one of them. That's my experience with these products.

I am awaiting January 2019 to receive my Ghost S1. It will be custom water cooled and demcifiltered.

Demciflex filters also dampen turbulence noise on my CaseLabs SM8.

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
So from my reading back in here... the Australian orders should ship this week now?
From email: "Time for another updatet - LOUQE"
The delivery plan has been pushed yet another two weeks, US shipments will leave the factory on October 11th and EU shipments will leave the factory the day after on October 12th. After that we will start shipping the direct shipments to all of you in Asia and Australia.

From email: "Ghost S1 - Status Update"
Estimated door to door shipping durations:
US 5 weeks, longer due to complex customs procedures
EU 3 weeks
Direct 2-3 days

In theory ozzies should already have theirs, I haven't receive any update after that.

Last edited:

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
From email: "Time for another updatet - LOUQE"
The delivery plan has been pushed yet another two weeks, US shipments will leave the factory on October 11th and EU shipments will leave the factory the day after on October 12th. After that we will start shipping the direct shipments to all of you in Asia and Australia.

From email: "Ghost S1 - Status Update"
Estimated door to door shipping durations:
US 5 weeks, longer due to complex customs procedures
EU 3 weeks
Direct 2-3 days

In theory ozzies should already have theirs, I haven't receive any update after that.
I'm an Aussie (Perth, Western Australia)... no case or tracking number as yet.

Reactions: luminous0426