Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Changes cost retooling, retraining, and setup fees.

No one would make changes within a month. They'll likely have a revision in 8 months to a year, bar a critical issue.

Not to mention you have to also make a prototype to confirm, or else you commit to a whole batch of mistakes, thus delaying time to sell units to customers, who may end up buying the clones.

Krakyn

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2018
I recall somebody mentioned that there were talks of switching manufacturer after this batch? Anybody know how accurate this is?

I hope this round is successful so the project can move to full production.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
I love you man, but before you pile on too, read my post on the last page. That's exactly what I said. There are trade offs with their approach, but they want to keep the production flowing. And that's fine for them, but I'm not beta testing.

Prototyping is beta testing. This is an agree to disagree situation, which is completely fine.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
Final thoughts: Presenting an uncomfortable truth sucks and the nature of arguing on the Internet is that it exposes you to people who will tear you down with cherry picked responses instead of taking a deep breath and looking at the bigger picture. I'm guilty of this as well. Enjoy your case. Peace.

Some people just have a different opinion lol. This is a computer case; it's not a big deal.

Krakyn

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2018
Back on the topic of why "only" 23% of Round 2 had been ordered as of this Monday, I think another big reason (secondary to lack of reviews) is that LOUQE doesn't provide enough communication to potential buyers. Buyers would like to see how manufacturing is going and to see finished products, not just renders. Sure, LOUQE uses Slack, but potential round 2 buyers have no access to that. It's not like their twitter or website provides a lot of information. They really should just have a "blog/updates" section on their website where they post all news.

Bubbletech

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 25, 2018
Final thoughts: Presenting an uncomfortable truth sucks and the nature of arguing on the Internet is that it exposes you to people who will tear you down with cherry picked responses instead of taking a deep breath and looking at the bigger picture. I'm guilty of this as well. Enjoy your case. Peace.

Batch 2 lurker but wanted to chime in here. You didn’t present an uncomfortable truth. You shared your beliefs on a situation. That doesn’t automatically make it gospel. People who disagree are not denying an uncomfortable truth. They just think differently than you. Their position is every bit as valid as yours. That’s the beauty of discourse!

I agree that it’s fine for them to not adjust the design at all for at least 8-12 months. Unless if there’s some huge issue like stated above. It’s not feasible to change a design like this so quickly.

Back on the topic of why "only" 23% of Round 2 had been ordered as of this Monday, I think another big reason (secondary to lack of reviews) is that LOUQE doesn't provide enough communication to potential buyers. Buyers would like to see how manufacturing is going and to see finished products, not just renders. Sure, LOUQE uses Slack, but potential round 2 buyers have no access to that. It's not like their twitter or website provides a lot of information. They really should just have a "blog/updates" section on their website where they post all news.

Yeah this could definitely use a huge improvement. Dave2D got his case a few days ago. Hopefully he puts out a video shortly.

rommel671

Trash Compacter
Aug 2, 2018
Being in denial, circling the wagon, and saying "lol that's just your opinion man" is furthest thing from healthy discourse. I've followed this thread since day one (go back and look). Trust me, the roller coaster isn't over and I strongly urge you to be careful with this company. Things will be interesting in two weeks...

i agree with you, been following this thread also. i already expect a another delay. hehe

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
i agree with you, been following this thread also. i already expect a another delay. hehe

First Batch to US i think will be delivered on time but Direct shipment already delayed with almost 2 weeks and EU will be delayed from 2 November we got confirmed yesterday.

Second Batch will get pushed back because of that im shure.

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Ok, in my opinion you're spending a ton of money, especially where you don't need it. Plotted in to PCPartpicker.au, you'll be spending $2600 AUD. For the same price you could get this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($324.00 @ Shopping Express)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L12 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler ($85.00 @ Umart)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 GAMING-ITX/AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($200.00)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($249.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($119.00 @ Umart)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($229.00 @ Shopping Express)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Turbo OC Video Card ($704.66 @ Amazon Australia)
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply ($159.00 @ Shopping Express)
Total: $2069.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-23 22:12 AEDT+1100

• CPU: 2600X will be plenty enough for your build. It's more than $100, freeing up money for the rest of your build. It runs at almost the same base frequency, and it has twice the threads.
  • Motherboard: Another benefit with a Ryzen 5, is that a B450 board will be plenty enough for your needs. It supports overclocking and has plenty of features. My board of choice would be the ASRock board, but you could also go with either the MSi (strong VRM's for OC'ing), Aorus (front mounted M.2 for better thermals) or Asus (the best all around and dual M.2 slots). ASRock has a slightly better soundcard and USB C compared to the MSi, less BIOS issues compared to the Aorus (for what I've heard) and it's a fair bit cheaper than the Asus.
  • RAM: Bumped the RAM up to 3200 mhz. Slightly more expensive, but it's not too bad. 3200 mhz should be optimal for Ryzen, which really benefits from fast RAM.
  • SSD's: In everyday use and gaming you will not feel any noticeable difference going with an NVMe drive, compared to a SATA. What you will get is a lot more heat off the NVMe if you push it. I've gone with a SATA M.2 and a SATA 2.5", which also frees up a significant chunk of change.
  • Graphics card: "Downgraded" to a 1080. The performance will be virtually the same, and RTX is not utilized in any games and it looks like the 2070 will run RTX games at a terrible frame rate. Wait for the next generation with RTX cards. Saves another chunk of change.
This frees up more than $500 with no hits to actual performance. That's what I would do.

I really appreciate the advice from everyone !! I think I've got my new build set now :)

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
Being in denial, circling the wagon, and saying "lol that's just your opinion man" is furthest thing from healthy discourse. I've followed this thread since day one (go back and look). Trust me, the roller coaster isn't over and I strongly urge you to be careful with this company. Things will be interesting in two weeks...

Healthy discourse is someone saying they don’t agree with you and saying why. Healthy discourse is not saying “You don’t agree with me, therefore you’re just wrong. I don’t care what you think.”

I’ve seen too many companies focus too much on perfecting a design that they end up wasting all their VC money before even bringing a product to market.

If you think Louqe is wrong in the wrong for not altering a design immediately after the first batch, that’s your prerogative. But don’t go around saying people are wrong and missing the big picture just because not everyone agrees with you.

Saici

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2017
That's what i need from this thread ! ;)
Hopefully they send Jayztwocents one as well.
He usually doesn't get involved with Crowdfunding, broke that habit for this one and allegedly Loque just broke all communications after his review.

Which left a sour taste with me.

Reactions: D10S

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
If they're so poorly managing their company that they need to immediately queue up the next batch in a rush to beat lunar new year shut down, or in a rush to avoid running out of money as you've suggested, before even receiving feedback from first customers for a case made by an unreliable lowest bidder, that's even more reason to avoid this company. They are hoping that word of mouth from the first batch will drive sales for the second. I get it.

Here's where things went wrong. Louqe came here and to other communities in bad faith. They gladly picked the brains of experienced designers of the community, sweet-talked YouTube influencers into free marketing, then took the money and ran. Radio silence for weeks at a time. What's followed is a stream of excuses, half-truths, delays, and poor decisions leading to an insular retreat into a weird echo chamber on Slack where even the most militant followers have lost faith.

My concern for their timing with a second batch is just a drop in the bucket in a history of poor decisions. When you have respected members of the community saying things like this (even in jest):

... then you know you've messed up.

These cases will have problems. They won't make January for batch 2. These are my opinions, but they're based on reality. Attention lurkers: stay far, far away.

Queueing up a second batch isn’t “poorly managing their company.” It’s just continuing to make product to sell. You know, the entire point of a manufacturing company.

I didn’t say Louqe specifically would run out of money. I said I’ve personally seen businesses be so concerned with putting out an absolutely perfect product that the market moves away from them by the time they even release something.

And I’ve complained plenty in the past about Louqe’s poor communication.

So I take it you’re in the Slack then?