Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
If they're so poorly managing their company that they need to immediately queue up the next batch in a rush to beat lunar new year shut down, or in a rush to avoid running out of money as you've suggested, before even receiving feedback from first customers for a case made by an unreliable lowest bidder, that's even more reason to avoid this company. They are hoping that word of mouth from the first batch will drive sales for the second. I get it.

Here's where things went wrong. Louqe came here and to other communities in bad faith. They gladly picked the brains of experienced designers of the community, sweet-talked YouTube influencers into free marketing, then took the money and ran. Radio silence for weeks at a time. What's followed is a stream of excuses, half-truths, delays, and poor decisions leading to an insular retreat into a weird echo chamber on Slack where even the most militant followers have lost faith.

My concern for their timing with a second batch is just a drop in the bucket in a history of poor decisions. When you have respected members of the community saying things like this (even in jest):

... then you know you've messed up.

These cases will have problems. They won't make January for batch 2. These are my opinions, but they're based on reality. Attention lurkers: stay far, far away.

When they go Radio Silence you know something are wrong and delays are coming but they wait and come with new dates on delivery and no explansion on whats causing the delays , we dont know :-)

Like Directs thats are 2 weeks delayed and EU Shipment that im not shure if it leaved China yet for i dont believe Swedish customs takes almost 2 weeks to check out the delivery before it goes to distrubition center.

So i know i will get a Quality product but not shure when it arrives.

Last edited:

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
So they quit their day jobs and started burning through cash before having anything close to a vetted design. That's their fault -- poor timing. We know they have terrible communication skills and constantly over-promise. Last logged in: months ago. No need to expand on that. Watching them iterate on designs, it's clear they lacked an understanding of first principles, despite advertising themselves as industry veterans. Maybe they don't have an experienced engineer on their team. They present data in a format like they've never seen a test report, only marketing brochures. We're not idiots.

By the way, you brought up that one of the big topics of discussion recently was cloning. Did you know about the early backlash where people thought Louqe was cloning the Dan A4? Ironic, right? Despite the clever spine design and slotting, the early version (before the case widening) was an easy stand-in for the A4 when viewed from the outside. The early reception was mixed, to be polite.

None of this would matter if they were honest. People can be forgiving, but this company doesn't pass the smell test.

I genuinely am not sure what your point is anymore. This all started off with your notion that there was something off-putting about them putting in a second batch. Clearly this is going nowhere productive. You believe that Louqe shouldn’t have made a second batch. Myself and some other disagree. No use in beating this dead horse anymore.

And yup, well aware of that. Not sure how it ties in here at all though. Multiple cases that use the same layout were met with that response. I’d say most people ultimately concluded that Dan obviously pioneered the layout, but other cases would inevitably use that layout for volume optimization. Obviously, almost every PC case on the market today uses the same layout.

Now repeatedly comparing yourself to an original design, using photos of that design to work out watercooling, hinting at how you’ll beat “others” to market, and an obvious copy cat exterior is a different story. But let’s save that for a more apropos thread. :)

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
You high-jacked the discussion into detours, I pointed it out, but complied and answered. What are you doing?

And I'm on Discord like a sane person. A few Kickstarter survivors have been spilling the facts.

You mean my response to your edit about calling me a troll because I’ve posted disagreeing with the forum’s stance on clones.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
So they quit their day jobs and started burning through cash before having anything close to a vetted design. That's their fault -- poor timing. We know they have terrible communication skills and constantly over-promise. Last logged in: months ago. No need to expand on that. Watching them iterate on designs, it's clear they lacked an understanding of first principles, despite advertising themselves as industry veterans. Maybe they don't have an experienced engineer on their team. They present data in a format like they've never seen a test report, only marketing brochures. We're not idiots.

By the way, you brought up that one of the big topics of discussion recently was cloning. Did you know about the early backlash where people thought Louqe was cloning the Dan A4? Ironic, right? Despite the clever spine design and slotting, the early version (before the case widening) was an easy stand-in for the A4 when viewed from the outside. The early reception was mixed, to be polite.

None of this would matter if they were honest. People can be forgiving, but this company doesn't pass the smell test.

Hahaha you are hilarious

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
You've been an antagonistic troll, baiting people with "witty" quips. It's just that no one has called you out on it yet. And I never mentioned being against your stance on clones. There you go baiting again.

This is my last off-topic reply to you. If you want to keep talking about this, PM me.

Logically, I would assume you calling me a troll would be because my most on the nose posts are in regards to clones.

#1: Serious response to admin.

#2: Defending the Circle Pro price because people on Reddit were complaining about how much it cost.

#3: Again, defending the Circle Pro because some people missed the fact it was only ever designed to fit the 1080ti mini.

#4: Response to someone in this thread who primarily does nothing but complain here.

#5: I will acknowledge a bit harsh. Probably because I'm annoyed how that thread has been silent for weeks. Edited to be less aggressive.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Folks, please keep this thread on-topic. Note that constructive discussion as to the future of the case, and the business is fine, it's part of the package that comes with any product. Please take any wider discussion around the case, its production, business model, etc to a new thread.

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
No Kickstarter and Slackers are Batch 1, 15 October or later Second Batch.
So i'am 15 Oct...Batch 2,
and it is possible that in January I will receive an email that will tell me:
sorry, but we have not reached the desired sales number and therefore we will not produce them...
where can I find this written information? (by Louqe, of course)

Last edited:

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
So i'am 15 Oct...Batch 2,
and it is possible that in January I will receive an email that will tell me:
sorry, but we have not reached the desired sales number and therefore we will not produce them...
where can I find this written information? (by Louqe, of course)

No, its not possible. Mainly cos its no kickstarter anymore. Louqe placed a new order to the factory and those cases are being produced as we speak. Also more than 500 units from the 2nd batch are already sold. So sit patiently and hope for January 2019 as the earliest estimated shipping. Cheers.

Reactions: SashaLag and D10S

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
No, its not possible. Mainly cos its no kickstarter anymore. Louqe placed a new order to the factory and those cases are being produced as we speak. Also more than 500 units from the 2nd batch are already sold. So sit patiently and hope for January 2019 as the earliest estimated shipping. Cheers.
:cool::thumb:

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully they send Jayztwocents one as well.
He usually doesn't get involved with Crowdfunding, broke that habit for this one and allegedly Loque just broke all communications after his review.

Which left a sour taste with me.

How do you know Louqe broke all communication? Also, Jay didn't review the Ghost S1; he only received a prototype and gave his first impressions. He also mentioned that he was going to do a full custom watercooled build in the Ghost S1, which he so far has not done.

As for all the anxiety and fear about the first batch of Ghost S1's being produced, where is this coming from? Is it because of the delays and silence? Delays are very common. Almost every Kickstarter has delays, especially the most popular ones. Heck, the Pebble watch had 3 or 4 Kickstarters and every one of them had delays. The first Pebble watch was even delayed as much as a year.

Now for the silence? Were they not communicating on Slack? Also, I think part of the problem was just how ambitious Louqe became towards the end of the campaign. They were obviously in over their heads. For such a small team, they had enough to worry about. Take a look:

It seems that a lot of folks had very high expectations for Louqe and didn't quite understand the nature of most Kickstarters. Let's not forget too that Louqe had to deal with 3 different tophats on top of making the core case. Once you throw in different colors and top grills, you suddenly have lots of different variables, which all need to be organized and sorted according to each individual Kickstarter backer.

So unless you were part of the Louqe team, let's just sit back and give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure it hasn't been an easy road for Louqe. If you don't like your Ghost S1, I'm sure someone will gladly take it off your hands. If you are unsure about purchasing one from the next batch, perhaps wait until folks from the Kickstarter start sharing reviews. And remember, at the end of the day this is just a hobby. There are more important things in our world to be angry about.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Just to be perfectly clear, you're saying that wider discussion of this case and business is fine, just don't do it in this thread where we talk about this case and business? Put it in a separate thread where it will disappear after a day and more people can be suckered into this product? Because feelings were hurt. Nice solution. I strongly disagree.

Something's really gone south with this community since I've returned. It's not for me anymore.

This is a design and discussion thread around the case. In an ideal world the Louque team would be using it to communicate with and update the community on the case whilst forum members could discuss things like planned builds, design edits / suggestions, questions, etc. Putting the meta discussion into its own thread helps to bring some separation between the discussion about what users / buyers / etc are going to do w/ or are doing w/ their case, have questions about it, how to build in it, parts compatibility, etc and the wider conversation about how Louque are running their business, treating their customers, handling pre & after sales support, etc. Essentially this area of the forum operates much the same as many other forums w/ custom case and build log areas do. As for the meta discussion, the only way it gets thread buried is if no one has any interest in posting to it, active threads are surfaced to the top by XenForo. Given that the Louque team have gone radio silent on the forum it would likely be appropriate to link to that new thread in this one so that people who actually want to know more about Louque as a brand and business can do so whilst people who want to know about the Ghost S1 as a project, design, etc can also do so.

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
For everyone in Batch 1 are you planning on waiting for Louqe air filters or will you be purchasing 3rd party ones? If third party do you have any recommendations as I'm someone that is always aware of what dust can do to a system especially one as compact as this.

Reactions: Beardedswede

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
For everyone in Batch 1 are you planning on waiting for Louqe air filters or will you be purchasing 3rd party ones? If third party do you have any recommendations as I'm someone that is always aware of what dust can do to a system especially one as compact as this.
I have not ordered, just planning to.
This guys to for Dan case and Ncase M1.
https://www.demcifilter.com/demcifl...-for-dan-case-a4-sfx-internal-dust-filter-kit
should fit, but doublecheck the measurements.

Reactions: Questors

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017

The airflow will be slightly limited. And the case is pretty easy to open and just clean with air.

There are quite a few people planning on using the new warm intel CPU’s and figured that it was easier to just slide out a panel and clean it than deal with filters.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Flame wars ....(snip)... encourage witch hunting, name calling and invites unwanted, uncivil crowd that might not the target crowd this forum is envisioning.
@confusis , I called it... I know apologists and crusaders when I see one, and you need to notice a toxic in the system before it's too late. Hope @ceski 's still with us after this.

Reactions: brt02